Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Staff at Charlton being relieved of their duties

Comments

• Options
    I’ve had calls from the commercial dept (which I am happy to receive), but they were trying to sell boxes and ticket upgrades etc - at a time when we had no manager and no new signings. 
    The thinking didn’t sound very joined-up to me. 

As a l long term ST holder, I am struggling to get excited about going to the early games at all !

If it’s another season of unwatchable passing back to the keeper and kicking it across the centre circle, then I won’t be rushing to go - let alone any kind of upgrade. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    TS sacking people because his own terrible idea failed?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    From Facebook

On the money I believe 
    Even though perhaps Jokat was underperforming, and some of the fans have mentioned that they found him and his ideas unimpressive,  that is still pretty grim if true. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So, Raelynn now involved in the hiring & firing ? 

Is this a new role for her & does anyone have any further information ? 
    Without knowing the facts, as with the Women's Football Club, she must have formalized delegated authority to act on behalf of the Club The FA would not have answered her request on the proposed name change unless they had a document with her signature on as a duly authorized representative  Unless the FA are less than diligent of course. I make no comment 🤔
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    From Facebook

I once worked for a company owned by a husband and wife.They did nothing but bully staff. Never again.
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    From Facebook

On the money I believe 
    Even though perhaps Jokat was underperforming, and some of the fans have mentioned that they found him and his ideas unimpressive,  that is still pretty grim if true. 
    Not sure how they can judge performance in 6 weeks, in the off season, when the club has done little in the way of investment in the playing side!

Also I heard the opposite from unimpressive.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Yeah, this is a fabulous time to get involved with crypto 
    In fairness, they've all taken a big drop lately but they follow a pattern. Huge peaks that tend to exceed the previous one.
    Check Etherium for example. In the middle of a big slump at the moment, but it will come back stronger.
    It seems to track bitcoin performance.

I'd be more worried that TS fancies a dabble on crypto, but the money he is investing is actually a loan to the club.
    He's therefore risking zero.

Could be wrong
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    From Facebook

On the money I believe 
    Not sure how they can judge performance in 6 weeks, in the off season, when the club has done little in the way of investment in the playing side!

Also I heard the opposite from unimpressive.
    Sure, I’m not saying he was bad at his job, hence my use of the word ‘perhaps’. But we did have at least one fan on here discussing how his presentation around boxes was repetitive and pitched completely wrong.

My point was, and I will say it again, even if he was crap at his job (I’m not saying he is), that’s a really grim, and as mentioned bullying way, to go around things. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Am gutted to hear this 
    All jokes aside this is utterly shit for those poor people who have lost their jobs. 
    Wonder how the "TS can do no wrong & it's HIS MONEY! " fans will spin this latest news ? 

Just asking a question, of course..... 
    Absolutely awful news for everyone affected. 

If the people let go have commercial/marketing duties as has been hinted on here, the mistake made will have been to hire them in the first place, rather than letting them go today which was frankly inevitable.

A big bet made on ‘growing the brand’ which everyone but the owner expected to go south.
    Agree with this. TS expected his 5 year plan to come to fruition of successive promotions, now it hasn't he's trying to scale back the infrastructure.

It looks on the face of it like he's bitten off more than he can chew financially. However, he is investing in the training facilities and Garner's new era. So perhaps he's just trying to cut the cloth accordingly and minimize unnecessary losses.

I'm not enthused by Raelynn having a more prominent role in the club, she seems to somewhat lack the professionalism.
  • Options
    I can remember reading in the past that a lot of his employee's zynex were on performance related contracts and was quite ruthless in terms of the hiring and firing, which as much as don't agree I assume if is the case they would have known what they were signing up for when they took the job, pure speculation btw
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Scoham said:
    From Facebook

I once worked for a company owned by a husband and wife.They did nothing but bully staff. Never again.
    This
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    IF true then..
    "Head of HR" who replies to a local journalist via Twitter to discredit transfer rumours/stories is an absolute shambles.
    Like many, I have big support for TS but if the above is correct then it should be called out and rightly so.
    Amazing that staff are leaving and TK hasn't... it stinks.
    This is where i'm at. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This adds to my growing uneasiness over how the club is being run.

Jokat and the sales team may or may not have been up to the job but if so why were they given the job and were their targets realistic in the first place?

Losing one senior manager can be misfortune, losing Roddy, Mumford (who resigned) and now Jokat (ignoring the football managers for the time being) looks like more than just carelessness.

It reeks of unrealistic expectations of how much commercial income a league 1 club can generate in a depressed economy and how many season tickets we can realistically sell.

Bleeding staff, especially those who know the business and the "customer" base, is never good.

Neither are knee jerk reactions which don't include owners reflecting on their own part in the failure. 
    Its no different to what happened to Jacko really, placing on unrealistic targets on people cant be good for morale around the club, feeling like you are constantly under pressure and walking a tight rope :(
  • Options
    As long as we get a new song for the first home game of the season though 
  • Options
    I’ve got no idea whether this is right, but wouldn’t senior management positions (ie HR) have to be accredited accordingly by the appropriate governing body as such - does Mrs Sandgaard have this qualification?? 

As I say, I have no idea whether this is right but surely there’s legal safeguards in place to stop company owners doing things like this? 
  • Options
    I’m now starting to seriously worry about who we have running our club and what lies ahead for us. Seems to be one drama after another. This latest one is messing with people’s lives. I predict we won’t see any of that money from the Pope deal spent on players.
  • Options
    Nepotism is never a good thing.
  • Options
    Gutted for Dan.
    Such a lovely fella 😞
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I believe @PragueAddick previously posted an interesting insight into Raelynn's attributes having met her if you care to read it. Sorry but being a technophobe (only got my first ever smartphone this year) I don't know how to create the link, but it's probably one of his more recent posts if that helps. (3 posts on June 10th and 11th well worth the read)