Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Heat Wave - Weather Watch

Comments

• Options
    None so blind as those who will not see.
  • Options
    Did they have these flash fires in 1976?
  • Options
    Our problem is the way we all talk to each other.
    The politicians do it and we do the same on here.
    Everything is you and us.
  • Options
    Rain forecast tonight and tomorrow so we can go back moaning about that
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Our problem is the way we all talk to each other.
    The politicians do it and we do the same on here.
    Everything is you and us.
    I’m not so sure mate.  

I think there’s believing in climate change, whether it be mildly concerned and doing little things like recycling, or being very concerned - that’s normal. 

And then there’s denying climate change - that’s called being idiotic.  

There’s not two opinions, there is right and wrong, on this subject.  I hope I’ve interpreted your post correctly. 
  • Options
    Sky News is amongst the very worst of doom mongerers in this country.
    They have been showing the same loop of the Wennington fire for over 3 hours now and nothing else.
    They are desperate for this fire to spread across London and create a modern day Armageddon!
    It needs to be shown so that those who keep downplaying the effects of Climate Change can see what we're facing.
    It is not just climate change, we have had a dry hot summer so far and grass dries out. Plenty of instances of forest fires all over the country in years gone bye, sadly caused by nature, a stray fag butt, disposable BBQ's, littered glass bottles & dickheads having a laugh. 

Yes its been a hot couple of days, yes the high temps are probably down to climate change but you cannot pin everything on it, accidents, nature and dickheads have been around for a long time and will continue to be so.  
    Today's temperatures are most definitely down to climate change. No-one is saying these things haven't happened before, but they are going to become more frequent as a result of  climate change.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have been showing the same loop of the Wennington fire for over 3 hours now and nothing else.
    They are desperate for this fire to spread across London and create a modern day Armageddon!
    It needs to be shown so that those who keep downplaying the effects of Climate Change can see what we're facing.
    It is not just climate change, we have had a dry hot summer so far and grass dries out. Plenty of instances of forest fires all over the country in years gone bye, sadly caused by nature, a stray fag butt, disposable BBQ's, littered glass bottles & dickheads having a laugh. 

Yes its been a hot couple of days, yes the high temps are probably down to climate change but you cannot pin everything on it, accidents, nature and dickheads have been around for a long time and will continue to be so.  
    The extreme temperatures plus the wind plus the very low humidity have significantly increased the fire risk. 
  • Options
    You lot need to chill out!
  • Options
    SamB09 said:
    You lot need to chill out!
    Think that’s the entire point of the thread mate.
  • Options
    To round things off (for now !) - and thanks Virgin for crashing my TV, phone and BB in the middle of history being made (it's still off) - this is what happened this afternoon.

Max temp 41.1 at 15:45
    Humidity 17% at 16:05 (station record)
    Temp 40 or above 13:30 to 17:15

How accurate are these figures ?  The station is a professional version and is used by amateurs and industry globally - there isn't much competition.  The location doesn't meet Met Office requirements but the wind today ensured that air was moved around and sheltered hit spots not created.  So, I  would say the numbers are representative of Hextable and surrounding area.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Need to put a NSFW tag on this thread the way some people are practically cumming all over the place now there are fires 
    Right on cue!
    Have said before, I am in no way a climate change denier, it’s happening no doubt,  I am just reflecting on the apparent glee of some on here that these fires are a way of supporting/reinforcing their own personal viewpoints. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fact is we are on a course to disaster as a planet. That is 100% given. The trouble is very few of us are willing to change our lives enough to slow it down globally. We are constantly measured on GDP growth and you cant balance the two. Our best hope is that somewhere in the world there is a kid (probably on the autism spectrum) that will come up with a scientific method to reverse the damage that we are doing before it's too late. Otherwise we are facing extreme weather conditions, famine water shortage, mass migration, civil unrest and ultimately something resembling Mad Max for the few that remain. That isnt over reacting it's cold hard facts, not in our lifetime perhaps but certainly within the next 100 years
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Croydon said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Need to put a NSFW tag on this thread the way some people are practically cumming all over the place now there are fires 
    Right on cue!
    Have said before, I am in no way a climate change denier, it’s happening no doubt,  I am just reflecting on the apparent glee of some on here that these fires are a way of supporting/reinforcing their own personal viewpoints. 
    Nobody is showing glee at these dreadful fires which have destroyed people's homes. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    This is a serious subject but please all West stand season ticket holders don't put your Vests back on just because tomorrow may just be in the high 20's.
  • Options

Sorry ESM, no one is saying that the grass isn’t dry, or that there aren’t idiots around, or that fires aren’t started by accident, but we all need to look at the bigger picture. 
    It’s not easy to be informed on climate issues because TV channels won’t show documentaries about climate change. They used to (a friend of my wife’s used to make them in the 90s), but sadly TV channels say that no one wants to watch them, so it’s very hard to get them commissioned. Another friend has worked on a few that were made by independents, but never broadcast. 
    I probably wouldn’t want to watch them if I’m honest, and as someone who takes the family on two holidays a year (16 flights) I’m not even doing my bit. But if a government said it was two ‘holiday’ flights a year per person, that would be fine by me. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Raining in Bexleyheath now
    SkyNews BREAKING - *Flood warning in North Kent*
    Hilarious. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Gribbo said:
    Hilarious. 
    Yeah, everyone know Bexleheath is in SE London...init... B)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Gribbo said:
    Hilarious. 
    😳
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Got a few drops of rain in Redhill now -