Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Not previously particularly pro or anti Sandgaard, but so sad about what is happening with the club and even more worried by the creeping apathy that both my son and I are feeling about all things Charlton at the moment. Not being a Twitter user, is he not posting anything about matches now, if not that has got to a huge sign that he is losing interest? Also, am I right in thinking he once said something about it being easy to run a football club and that people made it unnecessarily complicated? Can't remember the exact quote, but how silly does this make him look now. Has anyone had the opportunity to point this out to him?
  • Glosfan said:
    Not previously particularly pro or anti Sandgaard, but so sad about what is happening with the club and even more worried by the creeping apathy that both my son and I are feeling about all things Charlton at the moment. Not being a Twitter user, is he not posting anything about matches now, if not that has got to a huge sign that he is losing interest? Also, am I right in thinking he once said something about it being easy to run a football club and that people made it unnecessarily complicated? Can't remember the exact quote, but how silly does this make him look now. Has anyone had the opportunity to point this out to him?
    Sandgaard hasn’t actually tweeted anything for months and months. 
  • I got to the point of buying the stream today at about five to three, then Joachim Sandgaard's tweet sprang to mind and I thought, 'Naah, fuck it'.
    Well done JS!
  • Joachim Sandgaard and Leo Rifkind are only echoing the Thoughts of TS.

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    We are nowhere near their loyal levels.
    I’m not sure any club in the South has that level of commitment from their fans.  
  • Get TS on Talksport and ask him some difficult questions.
  • Getting to the stage where I like Charlton Life a lot but really don’t like Charlton Athletic very much. 
    Welcome to the club 
  • Scoham said:
    Suggested elsewhere that TS wants £25m for the club. Despite this two interested parties remain, one British (not Varney and Barclay), one overseas.

Also said TS can’t afford to pay Castore for the white away kit, neither can he reimburse UoG £500k for their sponsorship.
    Where? On the site we're not allowed to mention?
  • Sponsored links:

• Likewise, been told people asking the question, Tommy not interested although that may have changed after “ little Lord Fauntleroy” indiscretions on Twitter this morning and the continued misery on the green bit. 
    Not sure what he thought he would achieve other than get told to feck off. 
  • The story of the ‘Boom!’ summed up in 5 seconds. 

I dont think that's @Boom , hes not wearing white Adidas.
  • Scoham said:
    Suggested elsewhere that TS wants £25m for the club. Despite this two interested parties remain, one British (not Varney and Barclay), one overseas.

Also said TS can’t afford to pay Castore for the white away kit, neither can he reimburse UoG £500k for their sponsorship.
    Where? On the site we're not allowed to mention?
    Yes
  • aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:

£25m?! WTF has he been smoking?
    Yeh, that is Duchatelet levels of fantasy
  • edited October 2022
    Joachim Sandgaard and Leo Rifkind are only echoing the Thoughts of TS.

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    We are nowhere near their loyal levels.
    Sunderland, like us, have a rival club just round the corner. I think it’s a matter of pride to their fans that they support their club no matter how bad things get, just to stick two fingers up to Newcastle. 
    Our average attendances (tickets sold) have normally been higher than Millwall’s, despite them being a league above us. This season we’re almost identical. 
    Would be sad to us falling too far behind. We’re in decline, but that’s not yet made me so apathetic that I don’t want to go, or that I won’t pay for streams, even though it’s torture sometimes. 
    Let’s hope these rumours of potential buyers are true, although at £25m it seems unlikely. 
  • se9addick said:
    Glosfan said:
    Sandgaard hasn’t actually tweeted anything for months and months. 
    I would imagine he’s been advised to say nothing by one of his legal team, for fear of foot in mouth disease as shown by Rifkind and Sandgaard junior 
  • edited October 2022
    Sandgaard wants £25m for an asset that loses him £8m a year and has no chance of breaking even under his ownership.

Oh dear.

He'll eventually accept £1m or so with his debt in 2nd position should we reach the Priemership.

IMHO

It will however get bumpier before that happens.
  • Sponsored links:

• aliwibble said:
    Scoham said:

£25m?! WTF has he been smoking?
    Yeh, that is Duchatelet levels of fantasy
    At least Duchatelet has something to sell.
  • supaclive said:
    Sandgaard wants £25m for an asset that loses him £8m a year and has no chance of breaking even under his ownership.

Oh dear.

He'll eventually accept £1m or so with his debt in 2nd position should we reach the Priemership.

IMHO

It will however get bumpier before that happens.
    I guess the £25M could be the purchase price (nominal) + the debt assumption (significant)?

Or it could be total bollocks…
  • I’m surprised if we pay Castore for playing kit or have received £500k from UoG. Our shirt sponsorship deals are worth nothing approaching that.

I do think there are potential buyers about.

@ £25 million?

I suppose it's a fine balance. Separating the serious money men from the pound shop pond life. A higher price I would assume dissuade the latter but it would have to be realistic.
    Would Sandgaard care who he hands the baton to if he saw a way of maximising a return?

I guess there good buyers and there are bad buyers and the good ones either haven't found a way yet of acquiring us after umpteen years of being up for sale at various times or when it boiled down to it they just really haven't fancied us.
  • No sane person will take us on 
    crook or nutbag 
    thats it 
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    Something changed. In the beginning he was happy to spunk money on dubious spends, then suddenly he stopped. It is obvious that a big reason we missed out on a striker was we had to free up money elsewhere first but couldn't. It begs the question why we brought in so many midfielders if we knew it was spending all the budget. I would say it is either because Garner is an idiot or the budget changed. My money is on the latter.

Now I think Garner was not a disasterous appointment, but a big issue with it is he is less able to be openly critical in the same way as Adkins. It is about being more willing to toe the line. I know some will disagree with me but I don't think we are that far off with the squad. We could improve defensively but a decent striker for the level would make a significant difference to us. I think there are two issues, one I know, and the first is Sandgaard doesn't understand why. The other is whether Sandgaard has the money or indeed has decided not to spend. I don't know which of those applies.
    Has Sandgaard “suddenly stopped”? I assume he’s still providing pretty significant funding or we would be heading towards administration now. 
    From recent rumours it may be Raelynn doing the funding.
    She must have serious money then.
    Doctor shacked up with huge producer of medical relief products.
    If that's not a license to print money I don't know what is!
    I understand that, contrary to appearances, they are NOT a couple. 
    Really?
  • What a mess.