Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Oh dear this is all turning very sad.
    From high Hope's to what we have now in 2 years. I think it safe to say that "project premiership in 5 years" has failed.
    The ownership is now at a stage where they are having to try to use smoke & mirrors in order to control the messages. Now we have "fake news" being used to explain a couple of negative twitter posts. 
    It is obvious TS has had enough and he is looking to try to stem the losses. Eventually he will bail out. Unfortunately for us I think it far more likely that if he does want £25m for us the terms will be £25m with a deposit of £1 to someone of Bassinis ilk.
    Such a shame after the recent hope
  • edited October 2022
    Can we all perhaps make a pact to hold off from immediately going balls deep and rolling out the red carpet and hero worship with the next potential chancer who turns up with the keys to big top tent of CAFC until they actually demonstrate actions to back up words whoever that may be.

I know that will be difficult given it's in our DNA now from the past 15 years but it may save a fair bit of heartache and dignity down the road.
    Indeed, RGT.

Don't want any of that white charger poo on our best red carpet.....
  • To increase turnover, the owner needs to address what's causing low attendances. Aside from the obvious issue over ticket pricing, the main reason is fans are fed up of seeing us under performing in L1.

The squad needs strengthening first, but whoever the owner is won't find that easy because of the player wage constraint imposed on Clubs in L1 being 60% of turnover, so it won't be a quick fix and expectation levels should be matched according to ranking in those terms. As our turnover has dropped, so has the budget and it follows that new signings have to be lower earners who aren't as good. Perhaps we're seeing that already! The team becomes less competitive, fewer fans will come, turnover will shrink further and so does the budget, the cycle repeating itself. 

L1 mediocrity is unacceptable, but the owner, regardless of who it is, can't just spend more on player wages than the EFL allows without risking having a transfer embargo imposed, although it's arguable that we could get better players in for the same money and we're definitely underachieving compared to some of those Clubs with smaller budgets than ours.

For next season though, having the better supported teams in L1 now promoted and the less well supported ones in the Championship relegated should improve our chances. As ever, all fans can do to influence it is to get behind the team and attend in numbers because only by boosting turnover does that constraint get eased to increase the budget.
  • Is it possible to reopen a closed thread?  

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/77551/the-takeover-thread-duchatelet-finally-sells-jan-2020/p2265

Before anyone gets excited I have no rumour but surely with TS barely engaging anymore and rapidly trying to cut costs it is just a matter of time?
    We could definitely do with a sighting of a wealthy sheik being shown around the valley…just to give us hope!
    Or make our hearts sink further.
  • So Roland wants £50m for his bit and Thomas wants £25m for his bit.
  • Sponsored links:

LOL!

We are completely and utterly effed, aren't we?
  • One silver lining, IMO if the fans mobilised and forced the issue with TS like we tried with Roland. I’m sure he’d cave. 
  • edited October 2022
    I think the question we need to know the answer to is he trying/wanting to sell? If he is, there isn't much we can do. If he isn't then we can try to push him. But I suspect he is. He must know the project isn't working and is very unlikely to work. He probably wants some money back but sadly I can't see that happening and every day he owns the club costs him more even with the savings.
  • edited October 2022
    Just need Thommy to seperate the academy/training ground now and then put a price on that 😩
  • I think he dialed in too much emotion and too little common sense.
  • J BLOCK said:
    One silver lining, IMO if the fans mobilised and forced the issue with TS like we tried with Roland. I’m sure he’d cave. 
    Was it worth it with the benefit of hindsight? He would have gone anyway IMO because his great idea came to nought.
  • se9addick said:
    Joachim Sandgaard and Leo Rifkind are only echoing the Thoughts of TS.

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    We are nowhere near their loyal levels.
    I’m not sure any club in the South has that level of commitment from their fans.  

I would point out West Ham. Even Portsmouth.
    We have never had  a core support of more than 6000. Even in the prem days I felt most where there because it was a cheap prem game not because it was Charlton playing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    He’s a flimflam man and always has been. 
    Roland wanted £50M off ESI. Who knows what he wants now. 
  • edited October 2022
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    One silver lining, IMO if the fans mobilised and forced the issue with TS like we tried with Roland. I’m sure he’d cave. 
    Was it worth it with the benefit of hindsight? He would have gone anyway IMO because his great idea came to nought.
    The problem with TS and Roland is they are the types that won't admit their great ideas were wrong, it will always be somebody elses fault.
    Roland's plan was flawed in part because  the rules governing football financing changed I think and there was a vote here, something to do with the EU I think in 2016, which meant his crap network players in future wouldn't get work permits. 
  • Can we all perhaps make a pact to hold off from immediately going balls deep and rolling out the red carpet and hero worship with the next potential chancer who turns up with the keys to big top tent of CAFC until they actually demonstrate actions to back up words whoever that may be. 

I know that will be difficult given it's in our DNA now from the past 15 years but it may save a fair bit of heartache and dignity down the road.
    By the same token Rodders, if the next owner is another obvious crook I hope we waste no time in crowdfunding an assassin.  ;)

(NB This is a joke btw, just in case some imbecile is thinking of reporting me to the police)

• I think people are getting bit overexcited by numbers, even if they are authentic, which I don't know. If someone knocks on my door asking to buy my house, I'm going to quote them a premium price. It doesn't mean I won't sell it cheaper, especially if I know I can't pay next month's mortgage.
    Do you think there’s truth to the rumours that he can’t pay the bills, rather than has just had enough and doesn’t want to pay out anymore?

Both scenarios are awful for us, I’m honestly not sure which is worse though . 
  • Can someone tell me please how we know TS is asking £25M, thanks.