Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Difference between being up for sale and people looking to buy. Not sure about the first but confident about the second. And the money.
    But what are people looking to buy? The club from Thomas or the ground as well from Roland?
    I think they have the right idea.
    Are you able to share what you do know rather than being cryptic or are you bound by some sort of confidence?
    There isn't, to my knowledge, an imminent takeover or purchase of The Valley. I think the former will happen in the short to medium term and I'm aware that there are efforts to make it happen. I don't know where RD is on The Valley. I'm sharing this to offer a little bit of positivity amid the gloom. It wouldn't be appropriate to go any further, but it's not come through PV or about him.
    Much appreciated Airman. Gives me hope. 
  • This is a good one. Fairly long but paints a picture of Sandgaard towards the end
    Like I said raging narcissist, wants to pretend he’s cleverer than everyone else.
    Found this online - Seems to fit pretty well. A very interesting find from carly burn

What is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD)?

The word narcissism gets tossed around a lot in our selfie-obsessed, celebrity-driven culture, often to describe someone who seems excessively vain or full of themselves. But in psychological terms, narcissism doesn't mean self-love—at least not of a genuine sort. It's more accurate to say that people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are in love with an idealized, grandiose image of themselves. And they're in love with this inflated self-image precisely because it allows them to avoid deep feelings of insecurity. But propping up their delusions of grandeur takes a lot of work—and that's where the dysfunctional attitudes and behaviors come in.

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding. This way of thinking and behaving surfaces in every area of the narcissist's life: from work and friendships to family and love relationships.

People with narcissistic personality disorder are extremely resistant to changing their behavior, even when it's causing them problems. Their tendency is to turn the blame on to others. What's more, they are extremely sensitive and react badly to even the slightest criticisms, disagreements, or perceived slights, which they view as personal attacks. For the people in the narcissist's life, it's often easier just to go along with their demands to avoid the coldness and rages. However, by understanding more about narcissistic personality disorder, you can spot the narcissists in your life, protect yourself from their power plays, and establish healthier boundaries.

Indeed, narcissist does get tossed around a lot but I really mean it in its truest form and Thomas the tonk engine sounds like a textbook one, of course he passes it off as being a big time successful American businessman who takes no crap, but really he just has problems.
    Lots of people who like to portray themselves as ‘no-holds barred’ or ‘uncompromising’ have it, and often it’s easier to try and go along with them than challenge it which they take as it being the key to success.
  • edited October 2022
    How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Difference between being up for sale and people looking to buy. Not sure about the first but confident about the second. And the money.
    But what are people looking to buy? The club from Thomas or the ground as well from Roland?
    Are you able to share what you do know rather than being cryptic or are you bound by some sort of confidence?
    There isn't, to my knowledge, an imminent takeover or purchase of The Valley. I think the former will happen in the short to medium term and I'm aware that there are efforts to make it happen. I don't know where RD is on The Valley. I'm sharing this to offer a little bit of positivity amid the gloom. It wouldn't be appropriate to go any further, but it's not come through PV or about him.
    Not sure how a takeover that does not involve buying the ground would help much in the medium to long term. Any new owner of the club could have no confidence that if they invested in the players (club) and success came that RD would not try to skin them on the rent. They would then only have the choice of selling the club on or paying up. Not a great position to be in. Not sure how many people would gamble a lot of money on that basis.
    Lots of good businesses suffer from this with landlords.
  • Southbank said:
    How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Not sure how a takeover that does not involve buying the ground would help much in the medium to long term. Any new owner of the club could have no confidence that if they invested in the players (club) and success came that RD would not try to skin them on the rent. They would then only have the choice of selling the club on or paying up. Not a great position to be in. Not sure how many people would gamble a lot of money on that basis.
    Lots of good businesses suffer from this with landlords.
    Surely a new owner would inherit Sandgaard’s long term lease or negotiate their own with Roland?

• TBH maybe his son shouldn't say it. But I reckon it's true. The uplift in numbers will be marginal. Happy to be proved wrong. 
  • Scoham said:

Oh no….
  • Sponsored links:

• How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Is TS open to selling though? Has this season become the final straw you think?
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Is TS open to selling though? Has this season become the final straw you thin.
    Well, if he's not, then I'd suggest he's the biggest masochist the world has ever known.
  • Following @Airman Brown post do we need a new takeover thread?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Roland is much less of a problem than he was two years ago.

Thomas will sell.

The "total package" will cost less than the aussies agreed, especially if your not paying in £s.

Mistic Meg time but I suspect our next owner will be greated with much more hostility/scepticism than the last half a dozen but after about 18 months we will be much happier.

The next two owners are critical :wink:
    Do you know the asking price then for the club and SL?
  • Following @Airman Brown post do we need a new takeover thread?
    Don't think so. We have a maginfent sleeping-giant takeover thread just waiting for the call.
  • edited October 2022
    swordfish said:
    My final contribution for today. I promise B)  

I imagine that if TS sells, he'll have to pay RD an early termination fee on his lease agreement as RD will have to negotiate with another party to take it on. 

Alternatively, RD might then decide to sell outright, but I doubt he's ready to do that yet. He'll want to have more regular income streams and bide his time waiting for property prices to go up markedly, narrowing the gap between what he shelled out and what he ultimately gets back.

Also, we don't know what RD's personal tax arrangements are and what his preference is for receiving income over capital gains from asset sales, which might impact his decision making. Therefore, for someone to make him an offer he simply can't refuse might be necessary to convince him to sell.

The lease is not with TS, it is with Charlton. They are seperate legal entities.  If TS sells the limited company (which has the golden share of league football so is all he has to sell) then RD will not need to get involved.

That said, any decent new owner would hopefully buy the property assets at the same time from RD anyway.

We can but hope and Airman's comments give me some hope!  

A good owner with club and assets and an U18 team which just thrashed Liverpool.  The apathy would disappear immediately!
  • lonman said:

TBH maybe his son shouldn't say it. But I reckon it's true. The uplift in numbers will be marginal. Happy to be proved wrong. 
    I agree it will make very little difference but then the reduction in price is quite underwhelming and by the time they have agreed the reduction the season is all but done and malaise has set in.. too little, too late... And utterly unprofessional for a family member to get on Twitter and post this sort of nonsense I'm reply to an unpaid fan advisor tweet.
  • edited October 2022
    Sambcafc said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Roland is much less of a problem than he was two years ago.

Thomas will sell.

The "total package" will cost less than the aussies agreed, especially if your not paying in £s.

Mistic Meg time but I suspect our next owner will be greated with much more hostility/scepticism than the last half a dozen but after about 18 months we will be much happier.

The next two owners are critical :wink:
    Do you know the asking price then for the club and SL?
    Well he’s saying less than £35m inc freeholds. Can’t see that happening, but hope I’m wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Fumbluff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    You've chatted with TS face to face a few times?
    #grindr
    Fuck thought I'd hidden my profile well. 

I have spoken once face to face and several times over messages.
    Fumbluff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    You've chatted with TS face to face a few times?
    #grindr
    Tonight’s it’s do or die…….

”60 something danish american looking for no strings relationship.”  “I say no strings, but if you want a good strum, I’m your man”. 
    Fumbluff said:
    “Jogging down the rim”

(clean sheet win, clean sheet win)
    “ On a mission, gonna tear you up”
    Thanks guys, that's a bunch of mental images I don't need just before bed...
  • Bring it back - we all want the takeover thread to return - 

This Sandgaard is no good - He put his cock in the custard and it's getting hotter and hotter and not in a good way. 

He has a very poor hand and the only way out is to spend hard and he ain't going to do it. 

So he reduces costs as much as possible we lose the next gen of academy players, that we only sell anyway but they will be lost and our respected academy loses it's shine, further damage done.

The only option are people who see value and an opportunity to pushing the club to the brink to try and make a fast buck. 

It's very dark right now - It's been like watching a systematic destruction of something really important to you. 

We just can't find a decent owner who will pump money in without wanting anything back lol 
  • I think once there’s something officially out there in the national/local press about a potential takeover, that would the right time to open a separate thread..?

Sod it, I want it now!!
  • mascot88 said:
    Bring it back - we all want the takeover thread to return - 

This Sandgaard is no good - He put his cock in the custard and it's getting hotter and hotter and not in a good way. 

He has a very poor hand and the only way out is to spend hard and he ain't going to do it. 

So he reduces costs as much as possible we lose the next gen of academy players, that we only sell anyway but they will be lost and our respected academy loses it's shine, further damage done.

The only option are people who see value and an opportunity to pushing the club to the brink to try and make a fast buck. 

It's very dark right now - It's been like watching a systematic destruction of something really important to you. 

We just can't find a decent owner who will pump money in without wanting anything back lol 
    Can I ask what brand custard. Asking for a friend 
  • swordfish said:
    My final contribution for today. I promise B)  

I imagine that if TS sells, he'll have to pay RD an early termination fee on his lease agreement as RD will have to negotiate with another party to take it on. 

Alternatively, RD might then decide to sell outright, but I doubt he's ready to do that yet. He'll want to have more regular income streams and bide his time waiting for property prices to go up markedly, narrowing the gap between what he shelled out and what he ultimately gets back.

Also, we don't know what RD's personal tax arrangements are and what his preference is for receiving income over capital gains from asset sales, which might impact his decision making. Therefore, for someone to make him an offer he simply can't refuse might be necessary to convince him to sell.

The lease is not with TS, it is with Charlton. They are seperate legal entities.  If TS sells the limited company (which has the golden share of league football so is all he has to sell) then RD will not need to get involved.

That said, any decent new owner would hopefully buy the property assets at the same time from RD anyway.

We can but hope and Airman's comments give me some hope!  

A good owner with club and assets and an U18 team which just thrashed Liverpool.  The apathy would disappear immediately!
    And in the match following the takeover, at a Valley filled with 20,000+ fans enthusiastic to herald a new era Charlton…lose 1-0 to Morecambe. Tis the Charlton way! 
  • Airman, please please please let them be sensible (also with a bit of clout as well). 
  • What's Rui saying these days?
  • mascot88 said:
    Bring it back - we all want the takeover thread to return - 

Can I ask what brand custard. Asking for a friend 
    Never in the Birds Eye