Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Gribbo said:
    Re' A new take-over - It's a bit like putting Christmas decorations up in October; spoils the whole occasion.

Leave take-over talk as late as possible, so it don't seem as long and drawn out process this time 🙏🏻
    But what else am I meant to do?
  • WSS said:
    I know it's mental saying this but I think Mike Ashley would be excellent for us. We'd not agree with all of his decisions (renaming the stadium) but I think we'd end up in a much better place than we have been for a few years.

Can't believe I typed that.
    Christ, You’d bite Mike Ashley’s hand off at the moment wouldnt you? 

If nothing else he’ll make you a decent prospect to sell on. 
    I think there might be cheaper options out there though. Negotiation with two parties, Club and Freehold wouldn't be easy either. 
  • edited October 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sambcafc said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Roland is much less of a problem than he was two years ago.

Thomas will sell.

The "total package" will cost less than the aussies agreed, especially if your not paying in £s.

Mistic Meg time but I suspect our next owner will be greated with much more hostility/scepticism than the last half a dozen but after about 18 months we will be much happier.

The next two owners are critical :wink:
    Do you know the asking price then for the club and SL?
    Well he’s saying less than £35m inc freeholds. Can’t see that happening, but hope I’m wrong. 
    RD is asking for less than £35m? Where have you heard that?
    “Roland is much less of a problem than he was two years ago.

Thomas will sell.

The "total package" will cost less than the aussies agreed, especially if your not paying in £s.”

From memory Aussies agreed £35m price with RD. 
    Who then raised it and it had reached £40M by the time ESI sat at the table with him, which they agreed to before he raised it again to the £50M signed off on in the contract I believe. Unless there have been any noises coming from RD's camp of a change in attitude, I'd expect him to stick with the existing agreement if any offer made now is only in the neighbourhood of £35M, even though that's a very respectable neighbourhood.
  • edited October 2022
    I have heard Americans have been sniffing around for a few months - not sure if ready to make a move, but certainly an interest! 
  • Bailey said:
    WSS said:
    I know it's mental saying this but I think Mike Ashley would be excellent for us. We'd not agree with all of his decisions (renaming the stadium) but I think we'd end up in a much better place than we have been for a few years.

I think there might be cheaper options out there though. Negotiation with two parties, Club and Freehold wouldn't be easy either. 
    We could be at a very cheap entry point though, if TS is reasonable (haha) then it will not cost much at all to buy the club and then can just keep the rent agreement in place. The cost of buying us and getting us to the premier league is therefore less than it would be for buying another similar sized club where the initial fee would be more substantial. That is where our attraction lies at the moment. 

Our only hopes are that eventually someone actually gets us to the premier league and then we might be able to afford to buy the assets back, or probably more likely Roland dies and the asking price is reduced 
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    I have heard Americans have been sniffing around for a few months - not sure if ready to make a move, but certainly an interest! 
    Bezos? Musk? Micky Mouse?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    it would make sense that it would be americans with the dollar going in the upward trajectory of a cryptocurrency vs the pound this year. 
  • bobmunro said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Bezos? Musk? Micky Mouse?
    Fingers crossed for Micky Mouse!
  • L

Newcastle fans despise him. We would simply be jumping from a sinking ship to a burning one.
    They’re also generally total idiots, they did very well under Ashley. 
  • American's being referenced like we currently aren't "owned" by Americans!
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Americans...owning Charlton?

I can imagine them going over to to steward pointing in his face 

"Hey asshole, you're fired"

• se9addick said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jesus. Are people really seeing Ashley as a reasonable replacement for Sandergaard?

There has been uproar about the treatment of staff, look at the treatment of Sports Direct Staff under Ashley's watch......

Newcastle fans despise him. We would simply be jumping from a sinking ship to a burning one.
    Right, because Sandgaard has had not a single whiff of an issue about staff treatment/morale has he?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't actually want it to be Ashley. But given the choice of a club with unhappy staff and zero funds, or unhappy staff but actual money to keep things running, it would be one deal with a devil that couldn't be rejected entirely out of hand...
    I’d probably be up for Genghis Khan buying us if it got us out of this bloody division! 
    Are you sure? I heard he’s a Millwall supporter 
    Most of society is descended from him apparently, but Millwall fans are descended from Neanderthals.
  • se9addick said:
    thenewbie said:
    Jesus. Are people really seeing Ashley as a reasonable replacement for Sandergaard?

There has been uproar about the treatment of staff, look at the treatment of Sports Direct Staff under Ashley's watch......

Right, because Sandgaard has had not a single whiff of an issue about staff treatment/morale has he?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't actually want it to be Ashley. But given the choice of a club with unhappy staff and zero funds, or unhappy staff but actual money to keep things running, it would be one deal with a devil that couldn't be rejected entirely out of hand...
    I’d probably be up for Genghis Khan buying us if it got us out of this bloody division! 
    Most of society is descended from him apparently, but Millwall fans are descended from Neanderthals.
    Neanderthals credibly reckoned to have been more intelligent and peaceful than homo sapiens, but the more vicious latter basically eradicated them 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    Leuth said:
    se9addick said:
    thenewbie said:

Neanderthals credibly reckoned to have been more intelligent and peaceful than homo sapiens, but the more vicious latter basically eradicated them 
    Nah, they were just outcompeted weren't they?

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread over a throwaway joke about Millwall fans being thick!

Let's just agree that Genghis Khan probably would have been a Man Utd fan that didn't go to games but watched them on TV in Mongolia.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:

Newcastle fans despise him from nothing other than their own delusions of grandeur.
    My Newcastle supporting mate absolutely hated him, but could never really tell me why.

Mike Ashley always appointed old and past it championship managers.

I'm surprised he didn't try and bring and bring Neil warnock in during his ownership.
  • Dave2l said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:

Newcastle fans despise him from nothing other than their own delusions of grandeur.
    My Newcastle supporting mate absolutely hated him, but could never really tell me why.

I'm surprised he didn't try and bring and bring Neil warnock in during his ownership.
    Oh well lynch him then, should have appointed an up and coming, hipster manager , and not backed him instead 😜 

Did pretty well, over all, at staying in the premier league, which a lot of teams don't manage.
  • Dave2l said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Croydon said:

Rafa Benitez. 
  • Didn't Ashley have connections to the spivs who owned us before RD?
  • Croydon said:

I can't agree with that.

His net spend on transfers was something like £3m a year while others spent millions, and while they were getting a load in TV money etc, plus he used them for however much free advertising.

He was like a Glazers-lite type in that respect.

He appointed the likes of Kinnear, McClaren, Pardew (recently sacked by L1 Southampton) etc.  They got relegated twice under his ownership.

There are worse owners, but there are far better too.
  • NabySarr said:
    Bailey said:
    WSS said:

We could be at a very cheap entry point though, if TS is reasonable (haha) then it will not cost much at all to buy the club and then can just keep the rent agreement in place. The cost of buying us and getting us to the premier league is therefore less than it would be for buying another similar sized club where the initial fee would be more substantial. That is where our attraction lies at the moment. 

Our only hopes are that eventually someone actually gets us to the premier league and then we might be able to afford to buy the assets back, or probably more likely Roland dies and the asking price is reduced 
    In my opinion Naby, unless the freehold is included then serious bids are not likely or perhaps bids such as Sandgaards, who clearly had no understanding of what he was buying, the debt he would run up and the fact that he now owns nothing but debt.