Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Difference between being up for sale and people looking to buy. Not sure about the first but confident about the second. And the money.
    I take this post as a positive AB. If he can get out of this mess with any sort of credibility and also salvage some of his losses TS would be mad not to grab  it as it stands. All the recent goings on have turned turned most of the support against him and I just cant see what he can do that would turn that around. Hopefully what you are alluding too comes to pass and we dont end up with another bunch of crooks
  • How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    Difference between being up for sale and people looking to buy. Not sure about the first but confident about the second. And the money.
    But what are people looking to buy? The club from Thomas or the ground as well from Roland?
  • My final contribution for today. I promise B)  

I imagine that if TS sells, he'll have to pay RD an early termination fee on his lease agreement as RD will have to negotiate with another party to take it on. 

Alternatively, RD might then decide to sell outright, but I doubt he's ready to do that yet. He'll want to have more regular income streams and bide his time waiting for property prices to go up markedly, narrowing the gap between what he shelled out and what he ultimately gets back.

Also, we don't know what RD's personal tax arrangements are and what his preference is for receiving income over capital gains from asset sales, which might impact his decision making. Therefore, for someone to make him an offer he simply can't refuse might be necessary to convince him to sell.
  • edited October 2022
    Fumbluff said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    You've chatted with TS face to face a few times?
    #grindr
    Tonight’s it’s do or die…….

”60 something danish american looking for no strings relationship.”  “I say no strings, but if you want a good strum, I’m your man”. 
  • “Jogging down the rim”

(clean sheet win, clean sheet win)
  •  On a mission, gonna tear you up”
  • Sponsored links:

But what are people looking to buy? The club from Thomas or the ground as well from Roland?
    I think they have the right idea.
    Are you able to share what you do know rather than being cryptic or are you bound by some sort of confidence?
  • Where’s the takeover thread? 
  • I’m surprised if we pay Castore for playing kit or have received £500k from UoG. Our shirt sponsorship deals are worth nothing approaching that.

I do think there are potential buyers about.

@ £25 million?

I suppose it's a fine balance. Separating the serious money men from the pound shop pond life. A higher price I would assume dissuade the latter but it would have to be realistic.
    Would Sandgaard care who he hands the baton to if he saw a way of maximising a return?

I guess there good buyers and there are bad buyers and the good ones either haven't found a way yet of acquiring us after umpteen years of being up for sale at various times or when it boiled down to it they just really haven't fancied us.
    The Pound Shop Pond Life will be offering One Pound. The Serious Money Men will be offering Zero Pounds.
  • edited October 2022
    [A long detailed post that we really don't need to quote in full]
    The most fair and accurate assessment. 

• Sponsored links:

• edited October 2022
    This is a good one. Fairly long but paints a picture of Sandgaard towards the end
    Like I said raging narcissist, wants to pretend he’s cleverer than everyone else.
    Found this onlinel. A very interesting find from carly burn

What is narcissistic personality disorder (NPD)?

The word narcissism gets tossed around a lot in our selfie-obsessed, celebrity-driven culture, often to describe someone who seems excessively vain or full of themselves. But in psychological terms, narcissism doesn't mean self-love—at least not of a genuine sort. It's more accurate to say that people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) are in love with an idealized, grandiose image of themselves. And they're in love with this inflated self-image precisely because it allows them to avoid deep feelings of insecurity. But propping up their delusions of grandeur takes a lot of work—and that's where the dysfunctional attitudes and behaviors come in.

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding. This way of thinking and behaving surfaces in every area of the narcissist's life: from work and friendships to family and love relationships.

People with narcissistic personality disorder are extremely resistant to changing their behavior, even when it's causing them problems. Their tendency is to turn the blame on to others. What's more, they are extremely sensitive and react badly to even the slightest criticisms, disagreements, or perceived slights, which they view as personal attacks. For the people in the narcissist's life, it's often easier just to go along with their demands to avoid the coldness and rages. However, by understanding more about narcissistic personality disorder, you can spot the narcissists in your life, protect yourself from their power plays, and establish healthier boundaries.

• I might be mistaken if Garner has said that elsewhere, but it was Scott Marshall who said confidence wasn't an issue after Col U 
  • edited October 2022
    LouisMend said:
    I might be mistaken if Garner has said that elsewhere, but it was Scott Marshall who said confidence wasn't an issue after Col U 
    My mistake you are right it was Scott Marshall. I do still find it odd that two people are saying different thing,you would think they would both be on the same page as they both work with the squad 
  • I don't expect to get too much accurate information from the manager and don't hold that against him.
  • edited October 2022
    Just the first signs that a new takeover thread might be required. 
    That’ll liven up this dreary season. 👍