Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Suggested elsewhere that TS wants £25m for the club. Despite this two interested parties remain, one British (not Varney and Barclay), one overseas.

Also said TS can’t afford to pay Castore for the white away kit, neither can he reimburse UoG £500k for their sponsorship.
    The white kit was all that was available in "infant" sizes this week. Not sure if that has any relevance 
  • Scoham said:
    Suggested elsewhere that TS wants £25m for the club. Despite this two interested parties remain, one British (not Varney and Barclay), one overseas.

Also said TS can’t afford to pay Castore for the white away kit, neither can he reimburse UoG £500k for their sponsorship.
    Think it's safe to say that's fake news about the kit given we've already worn it. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Scoham said:

The white kit was all that was available in "infant" sizes this week. Not sure if that has any relevance 
    It’s also been pointed out we wore it away at Walsall.
  • edited October 2022
    Regarding the rent set up to Duchatelet and one possibly for @Airman Brown

I believe the total rent liability adds up to £7.578 million over 15 years paid in different instalments. So roughly just over half a million £ a year. ( I think the first installment of 623k may already have been paid?)
    How does that represent as a value for money compared to other clubs that lease their ground from a third party. I know location and size of property would have varying factors, but just wondering if that is a reasonable charge should someone else be looking to take it on??
  • edited October 2022
    It’s not a fake account. More drivel from the club. 
  • edited October 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Totally.  Checked him yesterday. Loads of CAFC official retweets and also Medchain retweets of which he was founder.
  • supaclive said:
    Sandgaard wants £25m for an asset that loses him £8m a year and has no chance of breaking even under his ownership.

Oh dear.

He'll eventually accept £1m or so with his debt in 2nd position should we reach the Priemership.

IMHO

It will however get bumpier before that happens.

He would be lucky to get £1M for us.  When he purchased the sell on's for Pope and Gomez were realistic. One has now been paid, the other is on a long contract.  Our squad is next to worthless.

As for someone putting his debt into second position on promotion to PL, I don't see that as likely either.  No sane owner would agree as they will be risking their money to get there so no reason he should share in that and there is already such an arrangement in place with ex Directors which is unusual enough.

I suspect he would get out now if he could at break even but he is £15M or so down and getting deeper.

He needs to decide whether he cuts and runs asap, holds for a window to sell everything that moves and hopes a buyer is still there, or starts reinvesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedJohn said:
    Get TS on Talksport and ask him some difficult questions.
    Get him on talksport.
    Read out his sons ‘hot air’ tweets.
    Make him listen to his comments during the first interview with Simon Jordan.
  • Without knowing anything about any issues with Castore, the blue kit is there for teams like Lincoln who have red and white shirts. 
  • No sane person will take us on 
    crook or nutbag 
    thats it 

Joachim Sandgaard and Leo Rifkind are only echoing the Thoughts of TS.

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    We are nowhere near their loyal levels.

I disagree, to an extent.

Sunderland fans will likely always turn up to watch a load of crap and they have a more loyal fanbase as they live and breathe football, but if they had to put up with the yoyo nature and continuous repetitive off field struggles of Charlton which doesn't seem to end, I think a chunk of them also would have drifted off. 

The stadium of light has and had a lot of empty patches in it from what I remember. They don't sell out their home ground very often. 

• Scoham said:

We wore the white kit v Walsall
  • edited October 2022
    Dave2l said:
    No sane person will take us on 
    crook or nutbag 
    thats it 

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.

Sunderland fans will likely always turn up to watch a load of crap and they have a more loyal fanbase as they live and breathe football, but if they had to put up with the yoyo nature and continuous repetitive off field struggles of Charlton which doesn't seem to end, I think a chunk of them also would have drifted off. 

The stadium of light has and had a lot of empty patches in it from what I remember. They don't sell out their home ground very often. 

Theirs average home attendance recently have been over 30,000 (L1)
    This season close to 40,000 (Championship).
  • Dave2l said:
    crook or nutbag 
    thats it 

They had an average attendance of around 30k for much of their time in league one. They've also had a fairly good share of poor general management.
  • edited October 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Totally.  Checked him yesterday. Loads of CAFC official retweets and also Medchain retweets of which he was founder.
    I don't believe it's false. 
  • swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Could have been hacked off I suppose, but I don't believe it. It's all unravelling quickly now. 

Why would anyone go to the trouble just to deliver an off the cuff remark to the fan advisor?
  • edited October 2022
    Is it possible to reopen a closed thread?  

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/77551/the-takeover-thread-duchatelet-finally-sells-jan-2020/p2265

Before anyone gets excited I have no rumour but surely with TS barely engaging anymore and rapidly trying to cut costs it is just a matter of time?
    We could definitely do with a sighting of a wealthy sheik being shown around the valley…just to give us hope!
  • edited October 2022
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Could have been hacked off I suppose, but I don't believe it. It's all unravelling quickly now. 

Why would anyone go to the trouble just to deliver an off the cuff remark to the fan advisor?
    I've amended my original post which was misleading 
  • Sponsored links:

• From Captain America to Mickey Mouse in 2 years?
  • Dave2l said:
    crook or nutbag 
    thats it 

No chance they drift off. Attendances obviously going to be lower in League 1 but they’ll be back, something not guaranteed for us. They might not sell out often but they’ve had ownership issues and still have large attendances. We can’t compare ourselves to the likes of Sunderland or Wednesday, but I’m not surprised Sandgaard did. 
  • Don’t know where these rumours on numbers come from. 

He will want back what he has spent realistically but hope for more. But know he’d be lucky to walk away at breakeven. 

He came with the right intentions, thought it would run itself with a bit of his commercial input but now knows it’s not as simple as he hoped. He will feel let down by some staff, the playing side and some advisors. 

He will know in his heart some of his actions and decisions are the main issue but pride and human nature means he doesn’t want to admit that. 

If there are genuine buyers out there then they need to step forward quickly. 
    Lucky to walk away at break even? He’ll be lucky to get 10% of his losses, the club is worthless. 
  • Is it possible to reopen a closed thread?  

https://charltonlife.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/77551/the-takeover-thread-duchatelet-finally-sells-jan-2020/p2265

Before anyone gets excited I have no rumour but surely with TS barely engaging anymore and rapidly trying to cut costs it is just a matter of time?
    We could definitely do with a sighting of a wealthy sheik being shown around the valley…just to give us hope!
    I'll get me tea towel...