Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    J BLOCK said:
    One silver lining, IMO if the fans mobilised and forced the issue with TS like we tried with Roland. I’m sure he’d cave. 
    It’s really not the getting rid of Sangaard that’s the issue, it’s what comes next.
    Wrong, they are both equally important. We are going no where under TS, in fact we have gone backwards on and off the pitch and it could get a lot worse under his tenure. 
  • edited October 2022
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:
    Joachim Sandgaard and Leo Rifkind are only echoing the Thoughts of TS.

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    We are nowhere near their loyal levels.
    I’m not sure any club in the South has that level of commitment from their fans.  

I would point out West Ham. Even Portsmouth.
    We have never had  a core support of more than 6000. Even in the prem days I felt most where there because it was a cheap prem game not because it was Charlton playing.
    Surely anyone buying a season ticket in L1 is a fan? How many did we sell this year? 7,000 was it? Not a  massive core support, but you can add fans who live a long way from the Valley to that total. And those abroad etc, all of who contribute when they watch on iFollow. Probably paying as much as season-ticket holders, or even more if they watch all the matches.
  • JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:

TS made the huge mistake if thinking we have a hard core set of support akin to Sunderland or Sheffield Wednesday. By hardcore, I mean the numbers turning up regardless of what kind of shyte is served up.
    I’m not sure any club in the South has that level of commitment from their fans.  

We have never had  a core support of more than 6000. Even in the prem days I felt most where there because it was a cheap prem game not because it was Charlton playing.
    Surely anyone buying a season ticket in L1 is a fan? How many did we sell this year? 7,000 was it?
    Nearer 8K I think
  • JamesSeed said:
    msomerton said:
    se9addick said:

Surely anyone buying a season ticket in L1 is a fan? How many did we sell this year? 7,000 was it?
    Nearer 8K I think
    The club have not announced any figure recently 
  • edited October 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    Dazzler you have nothing to apologise for, every one of us on here wanted Sandgaard to be the real deal, it has only dawned on most since the sacking of Jacko and the subsequent failure of Sandgaard to back his bold words. A liar will only get away with it for so long, just ask Boris Johnson. 
  • I think people are getting bit overexcited by numbers, even if they are authentic, which I don't know. If someone knocks on my door asking to buy my house, I'm going to quote them a premium price. It doesn't mean I won't sell it cheaper, especially if I know I can't pay next month's mortgage.
    You aren’t a raging narcissist though are you?
    Bullshit has a sell by date though Eugene.
  • Surely the Sandgard clan are the Danish equivalent of a family of Gerald Ratner’s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bailey said:
    I think people are getting bit overexcited by numbers, even if they are authentic, which I don't know. If someone knocks on my door asking to buy my house, I'm going to quote them a premium price. It doesn't mean I won't sell it cheaper, especially if I know I can't pay next month's mortgage.
    You aren’t a raging narcissist though are you?
    Bullshit has a sell by date though Eugene.
    They’ll just change the date on it
  • Are the, as yet unfounded but potential cuts to the Academy an attempt by Sandgaard to try and temp somebody to the negotiating table?
  • se9addick said:
    J BLOCK said:
    se9addick said:
    J BLOCK said:
    One silver lining, IMO if the fans mobilised and forced the issue with TS like we tried with Roland. I’m sure he’d cave. 
    It’s really not the getting rid of Sangaard that’s the issue, it’s what comes next.
    Wrong, they are both equally important. We are going no where under TS, in fact we have gone backwards on and off the pitch and it could get a lot worse under his tenure. 
    They really, really aren’t.

As bad as things may or may not be under Sandgaard, you only have to look at the owners he acquired us from to see how bad it could be. 

Getting the pitchforks out before we know there’s something better on the horizon is very short sighted.
    Disagree, we are becoming a shell of a club, cuts everywhere. Both are important. 
  • All very depressing at the moment. Hope, if we are up for sale, that a buyer is in the offing. For the life of me though I can’t see us presenting as an attractive prospect. 
  • All this business with the academy, it appears to me that Sandgaard is throwing his toys out of the pram because he didn’t get Cat 1 status .. Just a thought. But it is worrying 
  • edited October 2022
    How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
  • How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    No one has said we’re up for sale (unfortunately).
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Have been told months ago that TS will look you straight in the eyes, and without blinking, tell you blatant lies...allegedly. 

He'd definitely be an out & out winner on " Call my bluff" ! 
     I have chatted to him a few times and can validate this. He felt so genuine each time. I'm so frustrated by how well he lies. 

Apologies in order to @Maccn05 from me that is for sure. 

You were right early on and I apologise.
    You've chatted with TS face to face a few times?
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    How reliable are these sources that we are up for sale? More importantly are these buyers ones that have the required dosh to put us on an upwardly mobile direction or are they ESI type characters?
    No one has said we’re up for sale (unfortunately).
    I apogise I thought I read somewhere TS was looking to sell, my mistake.
  • I think it's fairly obvious Sandgaard will sell if he gets a decent offer. Unless he has a fetish for losing lots of money funding a L1 flirting with relegation 
  • What is a decent offer though? £2 instead of £1? £1m or £2m?
  • edited October 2022
    Here's a follow up to carly burn's post.
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/zynex-anticipates-no-material-change-in-revenue-from-switch-in-united-health-care-prescription-coverage-301485447.html#:~:text=The decision to terminate the,Healthcare was a mutual one."

I note the claim says "We do not expect Zynex to experience any material changes in revenue throughout 2022 due to shifts in United Healthcare's reimbursement program," said Thomas Sandgaard, CEO".

In other words revenues will fall after 2022?
  • edited October 2022
    This is a good one. Fairly long but paints a picture of Sandgaard towards the end
  • edited October 2022
    This is a good one. Fairly long but paints a picture of Sandgaard towards the end
    Like I said raging narcissist, wants to pretend he’s cleverer than everyone else.