Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• There’s one major point that has been unclear to me for a while now.
    How drastically has the recent financial affairs at Zynex affected TS and his decision making?
    Maybe the unforeseen collapse of the share prices has left him in a position he hadn’t expected when he originally took over?
     I think there’s a strong possibility that it has drastically affected his liquid assets and that he doesn’t have the same confidence in financing us as he had planned.
    I have a hunch that how well Zynex is or isn’t performing is, and will continue to be, having a major effect on us.
    Yes I think nearly all fans believe this to be true. 
    Yet it’s an opinion rarely mentioned here on the Forum.

Yes, and I've been the one mentioning it over and over and getting trashed for it. It's oddly satisfying to see more and more people coming around to what has been obvious to me for two-plus years and now those who were claiming I had no idea what I was talking about are acting like they knew this all along.
    1. TS does not have the money to make this work
    2. TS does not have the knowledge to make this work
    3. This won't work and never had a real chance at working.

I think he could have had a shot if he had been capable of recognising 2. at the outset. He ought to have had a chance of getting promoted from L1 because even TJ and RD managed that.
    Even this season we could be in the playoffs had we signed a decent striker - we’re still only 6 points off 6th.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    cabbles said:
    He is definitely preferring a situation where he holds on to share in the club - which combined with the money being asked, is simply not realistic.
    And still looking for funding on the basis of his bonkers revenue projection.
    I can’t even imagine how he’d position ‘investment’.  Come and give me X for a loss making entity that I have no historical expertise or knowledge in, I’ll still have the overall say in how the club is run and if we get into the Premier league at some point then you may get a return.  Crazy 
    ...and Ill take the credit.
    Are you brokering the deal then? Giss some deets…
  • The Zynex share price has made a big recovery in the last couple of months - it’s over $13 now from a low of c$8 so Thomas ought to feel relatively flush again 
  • Amidst this latest round of Sandgaard bashing, all I've discerned of interest is that apparently he's still looking for additional funding, not that I've heard him say so, but I assume it's reliably sourced information. If he's successful and retains the biggest stake, I'd expect him to retain control. If not, I wouldn't, but any power sharing seems highly unlikely to me.
  • Perhaps we should get Simon Jordan in?!
  • TelMc32 said:
    The Zynex share price has made a big recovery in the last couple of months - it’s over $13 now from a low of c$8 so Thomas ought to feel relatively flush again 
    Currently trading at $13.84 off a year low of $4.97 (according to Investing.com). The share price of Zynex isn’t the issue here. TS, as with any owner or business, needed to invest sensibly. 

He took on Freshfields for his legal advice, one of the Magic Circle of law firms. So he understood the need for advisors who knew what they were doing. It’s a shame that realisation didn’t extend to the running of the club.  Football is a simple game, but the management of football clubs is bonkers and needs proper handling and understanding. 
    I’m sure he thought the same of Ged Roddy, Wayne Mumford and Nigel Adkins, but none of them were the right people for the jobs and he wanted to be the main man regardless.

I do think a number of people, not necessarily those named above, have just told him what he wanted to hear and taken his money for as long as they could. 
    Absolutely.  I can also understand why, with his mindset, he wanted to do a lot himself straight after the takeover and get to understand the structure of the business and how the club operated. 

He’s made a number of, seemingly, high profile hires (although not always people with football backgrounds and that isn’t necessarily bad) who walked before they even started or very soon after.  We can only speculate there, but seems some people do have principles and found they couldn’t/wouldn’t work with him. A case of being able to sell the dream, quickly shown up to be an illusion.  Garner perhaps seems to think the same after his recent comments.
  • TelMc32 said:
    The Zynex share price has made a big recovery in the last couple of months - it’s over $13 now from a low of c$8 so Thomas ought to feel relatively flush again 
    Currently trading at $13.84 off a year low of $4.97 (according to Investing.com). The share price of Zynex isn’t the issue here. TS, as with any owner or business, needed to invest sensibly. 

He took on Freshfields for his legal advice, one of the Magic Circle of law firms. So he understood the need for advisors who knew what they were doing. It’s a shame that realisation didn’t extend to the running of the club.  Football is a simple game, but the management of football clubs is bonkers and needs proper handling and understanding. 
    I’m sure he thought the same of Ged Roddy, Wayne Mumford and Nigel Adkins, but none of them were the right people for the jobs and he wanted to be the main man regardless.

I do think a number of people, not necessarily those named above, have just told him what he wanted to hear and taken his money for as long as they could. 
    Where do I apply 
  • TelMc32 said:

Or perhaps one or two of them were but when Thomas's vision collided with reality they realised the roles had been mis-sold.
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    Amidst this latest round of Sandgaard bashing, all I've discerned of interest is that apparently he's still looking for additional funding, not that I've heard him say so, but I assume it's reliably sourced information. If he's successful and retains the biggest stake, I'd expect him to retain control. If not, I wouldn't, but any power sharing seems highly unlikely to me.

He and his naivety and failure are the reason why the club is going backwards at a rate of knots. Giving this ownership more funding will just see money thrown away.

There's about as much chance of any sensible or serious investor with football nous pumping money into TS's running of the club as there is someone offering to pay my mortgage on the promise that they'll see a return if it sells for £200m in 10 years.

As for "Sandgaard bashing", open your eyes to what is going on and where his ownership has taken it. What will it take for you to see that his way of running and mismanaging our club is the significant root of why the club is in the position it is on and off the pitch.

I'm actually lost for words that Charlton fans can still not see this at this stage. He has no track record, experience or clue how to run a football club successfully and has actually deteriorated it further form what Duchatelet had done which of itself is an unfathomable and remarkable achievement. Dread to think of the state of anyone willing to "invest" in him if they're sufficiently impressed with what he's done to our club on and off the pitch to date.

Absolutely spot on .
  • swordfish said:
    Amidst this latest round of Sandgaard bashing, all I've discerned of interest is that apparently he's still looking for additional funding, not that I've heard him say so, but I assume it's reliably sourced information. If he's successful and retains the biggest stake, I'd expect him to retain control. If not, I wouldn't, but any power sharing seems highly unlikely to me.

He and his naivety and failure are the reason why the club is going backwards at a rate of knots. Giving this ownership more funding will just see money thrown away.

There's about as much chance of any sensible or serious investor with football nous pumping money into TS's running of the club as there is someone offering to pay my mortgage on the promise that they'll see a return if it sells for £200m in 10 years.

As for "Sandgaard bashing", open your eyes to what is going on and where his ownership has taken it. What will it take for you to see that his way of running and mismanaging our club is the significant root of why the club is in the position it is on and off the pitch.

I'm actually lost for words that Charlton fans can still not see this at this stage. He has no track record, experience or clue how to run a football club successfully and has actually deteriorated it further form what Duchatelet had done which of itself is an unfathomable and remarkable achievement. Dread to think of the state of anyone willing to "invest" in him if they're sufficiently impressed with what he's done to our club on and off the pitch to date.

My eyes are wide open and have been for ages thank you. I'm just sick of reading the same regurgitated criticisms time and again. I'm not sure how you can interpret my post as defending him TBH. It was just an observation, and a valid one if you choose to read the thread as a whole.
  • PWR, much.

is there any actual evidence that Sandgaard is actively looking to sell or seeking new investment?
  • What would Sandgaard actually do with a big significant investment from soneone else, assuming he'd still be the majority shareholder?

I doubt many will trust his plan of action and they won't see it as a reliable return for profit.

Maybe some of his bling wearing American mates would invest, if Charlton got in the championship and a Premier league push at least looked like a slight possibility.  

"Invest in a business that's going nowhere, why not?" 

• PWR, much.

is there any actual evidence that Sandgaard is actively looking to sell or seeking new investment?
    Had some wealthy Canadians and Germans down there recently. They walked away when they saw books and realised that they wouldn’t be investing in anything tangible. 
  • PWR, much.

Had some wealthy Canadians and Germans down there recently. They walked away when they saw books and realised that they wouldn’t be investing in anything tangible. 
    *allegedly  
  • Tangible assests not the best all and end all of owning a football club. The consortium buying Coventry are doing so without it having tangible assets and with sizable debits. It just takes lots of money and a desire to own a football club.
  • IdleHans said:
    TelMc32 said:

Or perhaps one or two of them were but when Thomas's vision collided with reality they realised the roles had been mis-sold.
    Roddy certainly, and Adkins to a degree, were employed not to do what they had done previously.
  • Sponsored links:

• PWR, much.

This is exactly what prompted my last post! I'd read on here that he's seeking new investment, which I said seemed unlikely, given that he appears to be a control freak, so I too was curious to know more and still am.

Just to be absolutely clear, I don't think he's doing a good job and I would like it if a more suitable owner was to take over, but I'm not going to repeat all the reasons why and bad mouth him again as it shouldn't be  necessary. Does anyone on here genuinely think others aren't aware of his failings?
  • edited November 2022
    msomerton said:
    Tangible assests not the best all and end all of owning a football club. The consortium buying Coventry are doing so without it having tangible assets and with sizable debits. It just takes lots of money and a desire to own a football club.
    True, but if a club is haemorrhaging millions of pounds AND has no tangible assets then that’s a double whammy. 

Coventry is not the best comparison. As despite not owning any tangible assets their paying crowds have remained fairly healthy throughout their period of decline. 
  • What sort of average attendance at the Valley would be needed for the club to become more viable to external investor (in league1) without the assets has anyone done the math?
  • What sort of average attendance at the Valley would be needed for the club to become more viable to external investor (in league1) without the assets has anyone done the math?
    It would “more viable” with bigger crowds but off the top of my head wouldn’t be in profit at capacity.
  • I believe the consortium buying Coventry are paying Sisu  a  price for the club. I guess a hedge fund will not sell cheaply.
  • msomerton said:
    I believe the consortium buying Coventry are paying Sisu  a  price for the club. I guess a hedge fund will not sell cheaply.
    Championship status has a value.
  • Bailey said:
    msomerton said:
    Tangible assests not the best all and end all of owning a football club. The consortium buying Coventry are doing so without it having tangible assets and with sizable debits. It just takes lots of money and a desire to own a football club.
    You miss the point that Sandgaard has nothing to sell. There may be people who would run the club without owning the ground but why would they pay him for equity?
    Quite right Airman, in fact if anyone is interested in making Charlton Athletic a going concern then the first port of call would be to Belgium as that is where the real cards are held, Sandgaard owns nothing but debt. 
    Hence the bullshit revenue projection which is ridiculed by those he approaches.
    High time 'Sandgaard' released a cover version of "You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me," if he's Seeking New money 😎
  • I was told today that mark warburton was offered the job in the summer, agreed terms and was then offered reduced terms at the last minute. Anyone else heard this or is the person who told me, talking out of his bum hole?