Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Non competes are almost always going to be thrown out by any employment tribunal.

When i left my old agency in Jan to launch my own business my CEO went utterly batshit at me and tried to extend my non compete from 6-12 months. I only needed 6 as was building it in the background anyway - but vividly remember my lawyer telling me that as a 20 year professional in sports marketing who earns a living from it, he wont be able to stop me earning money elsewhere. He then basically went away without a further argument.
  • Options
    Are noncompete clauses far more common in the states?
  • Options
    And what if the employee declines to sign this contract amendment? It can't be imposed unilaterally
  • Options
    Won’t stand up in court. Sounds like they need better HR advice 
    Or a lawyer on the board......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Won’t stand up in court. Sounds like they need better HR advice 
    Or a lawyer on the board......
    If they ever consulted him 
  • Options
    Wow Flashy, how gorgeous is your Mum 🤩♥️
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    If you have bad results the manager is always going to get blamed. But with such an unbalanced squad and so many injuries, plus Stockley, I'm not sure what else I expect BG to do. 

For me the biggest issue is the 'legacy players' brought in by an appalling recruitment strategy.

According to Cawley, JJ described our squad as having "discipline and professionalism" problems. Garner has said the same. 

We also know most of these players are on long-term contracts, with wages that mean we can't get rid of them and bring better characters/players in, and ones who are better suited to this system.

For me, that is:

a) The recruitment teams fault, for failing to properly assess the personality and playing qualities of the players.

And b) The players faults for being unprofessional, which is the minimum we should expect as Charlton fans. If you're not going to be good enough for a promotion challenge, at least be hardworking. These are neither. 

None of that is Garner's fault. You look at the people he has been allowed to bring in, someone like Egbo,  who is up for every game, and you know the kind of player BG wants.
    This started under Bowyer.  A lot (by no means all) of the players are better than our performances suggest over the last 2 years.  It goes all the way back to that Gillingham away game.

The whole playing squad has churned in that time, bar 2 or 3.  It's a totally different coaching set up as well.

I think part of the problem is the players aren't beholden to the manager for their future.  They know he will get sacked/leave before they do so they don't have the loyalty.

I am not claiming they are world beaters and of course there are, obvious, gaps in the squad but they should be doing better, they should have done better last season and the one before.
  • Options
    Wow Flashy, how gorgeous is your Mum 🤩♥️
    I know, it where I get my dashing, handsome great looks from 😉
    Obviously 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Non competes are almost always going to be thrown out by any employment tribunal.

When i left my old agency in Jan to launch my own business my CEO went utterly batshit at me and tried to extend my non compete from 6-12 months. I only needed 6 as was building it in the background anyway - but vividly remember my lawyer telling me that as a 20 year professional in sports marketing who earns a living from it, he wont be able to stop me earning money elsewhere. He then basically went away without a further argument.
    Did the same two years ago. Nothing in my contract to say otherwise and an old client phoned me straight away and asked to carry on working directly with me instead of them. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    If you have bad results the manager is always going to get blamed. But with such an unbalanced squad and so many injuries, plus Stockley, I'm not sure what else I expect BG to do. 

For me the biggest issue is the 'legacy players' brought in by an appalling recruitment strategy.

According to Cawley, JJ described our squad as having "discipline and professionalism" problems. Garner has said the same. 

We also know most of these players are on long-term contracts, with wages that mean we can't get rid of them and bring better characters/players in, and ones who are better suited to this system.

For me, that is:

a) The recruitment teams fault, for failing to properly assess the personality and playing qualities of the players.

And b) The players faults for being unprofessional, which is the minimum we should expect as Charlton fans. If you're not going to be good enough for a promotion challenge, at least be hardworking. These are neither. 

None of that is Garner's fault. You look at the people he has been allowed to bring in, someone like Egbo,  who is up for every game, and you know the kind of player BG wants.
    This started under Bowyer.  A lot (by no means all) of the players are better than our performances suggest over the last 2 years.  It goes all the way back to that Gillingham away game.

The whole playing squad has churned in that time, bar 2 or 3.  It's a totally different coaching set up as well.

I think part of the problem is the players aren't beholden to the manager for their future.  They know he will get sacked/leave before they do so they don't have the loyalty.

I am not claiming they are world beaters and of course there are, obvious, gaps in the squad but they should be doing better, they should have done better last season and the one before.

Wait so it wasn't Matthews, Washington,Watson and Gunter?!?!?!

It's DJ, JFC,  Stockley and Inniss!

😱😱😱

• Options

And here is the proof !!!

I have one of the solid silver keys that actually started the plane !!
    Are they all living in a parallel universe where everything is on its side?
    I just thought the plane was taking off
  • Options
    It's all getting very Rolandy.

I've not seen anything to suggest the current dozy incumbent of this great club is doing any less damage than Roland.
    We've protested over on par situations in the past.
    Can anyone tell me one positive implementation that this fella has bought to us in nigh on two years?

#Sandgaardout!
    I think the protests would probably start after January if/when we’ve fallen way off the play offs. Somehow we are still not that far off them at the moment so TS has a January window to try and save himself