Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    msomerton said:
    Tangible assests not the best all and end all of owning a football club. The consortium buying Coventry are doing so without it having tangible assets and with sizable debits. It just takes lots of money and a desire to own a football club.
    You miss the point that Sandgaard has nothing to sell. There may be people who would run the club without owning the ground but why would they pay him for equity?
    Quite right Airman, in fact if anyone is interested in making Charlton Athletic a going concern then the first port of call would be to Belgium as that is where the real cards are held, Sandgaard owns nothing but debt. 
    Hence the bullshit revenue projection which is ridiculed by those he approaches.
    High time 'Sandgaard' released a cover version of "You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me," if he's Seeking New money 😎
    Swordfish, let's hope he never reads that post, he is under the impression that people actually want to hear him and his shit music, any encouragement for him to inflict another song on us should be avoided at all costs.
  • Options

IF I had a spare £50m odd to spunk on a football club, I'd look for a grass roots club that owned some sort of infrastructure like it's own ground and build that up. With the right investment and not as many overheads / pre-existing debt, reckon you could really concentrate in putting the dough in the right places.

Also think you could nick fans disenfranchised with "modern" football and maybe look at building (and filling) a ground with the help of some sort of sponsorship scheme. The amount of people I know that now go to Welling, Bromley, Dartford, Ebbsfleet etc. think there's definitely scope there

Reckon you'd need something like a 10 year plan in place to actually get anywhere on the football map but, although it pains me to say it, most existing clubs that you could take over with that kind of investment are in such a complicated mess, most of your money would be eaten up by debts etc, so get the feeling it would be a better bet to start virtually from scratch

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Charlie Methven being around would concern me. Nothing about him on Sunderland Til I Die suggested he had any clue about football whatsoever. 
    Imagine our clueless owner finally giving in to perceived wisdom and appointing Methven as a CEO. it would be prime Charlton.  

Don't that would completely sum things up under TS. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    msomerton said:
    Tangible assests not the best all and end all of owning a football club. The consortium buying Coventry are doing so without it having tangible assets and with sizable debits. It just takes lots of money and a desire to own a football club.
    You miss the point that Sandgaard has nothing to sell. There may be people who would run the club without owning the ground but why would they pay him for equity?
    Quite right Airman, in fact if anyone is interested in making Charlton Athletic a going concern then the first port of call would be to Belgium as that is where the real cards are held, Sandgaard owns nothing but debt. 
    Hence the bullshit revenue projection which is ridiculed by those he approaches.
    High time 'Sandgaard' released a cover version of "You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me," if he's Seeking New money 😎
    Swordfish, let's hope he never reads that post, he is under the impression that people actually want to hear him and his shit music, any encouragement for him to inflict another song on us should be avoided at all costs.
    Oh my days! Can you imagine? The prospect of a New Seekers / Heavy Metal mash up would have me heading for the hills, not the Valley. B)
  • Options
    We’re firmly stuck in a failure loop and will remain there until Sandgaard appoints a football wise CEO. The club is a complete mess behind the scenes and it’s reflected on the pitch. The budget we have if utilised by a well run club should be enough to get us out of this division but we’re drifting. Personally I think Garner is a good coach but I think he’s plying his trade in a division too low. I’m not sure mostly average third tier footballers either have the consistent ability and football brains to make best of what Garner wants. We won’t be spending in January and at best we’ll see a couple loans in and maybe one or two out. Just my opinion but I think that next season will be Garners last unless by some miracle we get promoted. I’m sure he’ll want out and will find either another managers job or my guess is a return to coaching first team in the Premiership. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    msomerton said:
    Oh my days! Can you imagine? The prospect of a New Seekers / Heavy Metal mash up would have me heading for the hills, not the Valley. B)
    I'm sure 'He'd like to teach the world to sing' ..........................i'll get me coat !
  • Options
    edited November 2022
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Garner has a big pay off in his contract according to Nixon this morning. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    No wonder he is making comments criticising the budget, a nice pay off will suit him
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    One year’s salary as a settlement if sacked 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    One year’s salary as a settlement if sacked 
    So potentially more money down the drain then 😏.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    We’re firmly stuck in a failure loop and will remain there until Sandgaard appoints a football wise CEO. The club is a complete mess behind the scenes and it’s reflected on the pitch. The budget we have if utilised by a well run club should be enough to get us out of this division but we’re drifting. Personally I think Garner is a good coach but I think he’s plying his trade in a division too low. I’m not sure mostly average third tier footballers either have the consistent ability and football brains to make best of what Garner wants. We won’t be spending in January and at best we’ll see a couple loans in and maybe one or two out. Just my opinion but I think that next season will be Garners last unless by some miracle we get promoted. I’m sure he’ll want out and will find either another managers job or my guess is a return to coaching first team in the Premiership. 

Garner failed at Rovers in League One.  Did well at Swindon in L2 although did not get them promoted and they are doing fine without him this season. He is now failing with us in L1.  What in that CV suggests he is a good coach/Championship standard.

Maybe he has been dealt a duff hand by TS, but surely he did his he work before joining us (ie speak to previous coaches-he was employed so hardly desperate).

He still has a squad many in our division would be happy with, he persists on playing tippy tappy footy which does not suit us, he whinges about the officials every time we don't win and now he is whinging about his lot with us. 

That is not a way to galvanise a squad affected by injury.  He is not our biggest problem and I think is an average coach but that's about it.
    I think his credentials are from before he took the role of number 1 at Bristol Rovers. Even then what he achieved turned the playing side around but probably he wasn’t given enough time. Certainly his football is easy on the eye and a long way from a lot of teams in league one who play not particularly attractive football. I just think he’s trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear and failing. Easy to blame the manager but frankly our squad is bang average third tier. What we’re seeing are bang average performances and an occasional sparkle. I’m convinced he’ll ho on to bigger and better things after his time at Charlton is up. Our recruitment is also bloody awful.
  • Options
    Wondering what the atmosphere might be at Thursday's BTTV dinner now that both TS & Jacko will be in attendance ...
  • Options
    3889! That is pitiful.

Was wondering when the protests would start. The only way to hurt Sandgaard is in the pocket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    He’s back in the country.
    And fronting rock
    Wondering what the atmosphere might be at Thursday's BTTV dinner now that both TS & Jacko will be in attendance ...

Will Bert Weedon be sitting on his own? (One for the old'uns :))
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    3889! That is pitiful.

Was wondering when the protests would start. The only way to hurt Sandgaard is in the pocket.
    In private he must know he's on the road to nowhere here losing money funding the Club's operations. I'm not sure that depriving the Club of income and forcing his hand to sell, if that's what your suggesting, is in our best interests though.

It would definitely reduce the EFL budget for player wages, which might be irrelevant if he's not going to strengthen there in January, but it would be inherited by whoever follows him into the ownership hot seat. I appreciate that it may not be by a huge amount, but it could be harmful until attendances recover over time. 

If the effect of fan power is really to be measured by how much money we can make the Owner(Club) lose, I find that sad, but I suppose there's an argument to say the signalling of such action wouldn't influence the thinking of potential new owners, or would actually have a positive impact on them, so I'll keep on open mind.

I'd prefer to see a full Valley uniting to voice discontent, but I doubt that'll ever happen, unless we draw Man U at home in the Cup and beat Stockport first of course. Oh, and if the AC stand is opened up for it!
  • Options
    I was told today that mark warburton was offered the job in the summer, agreed terms and was then offered reduced terms at the last minute. Anyone else heard this or is the person who told me, talking out of his bum hole?
    Sounds like a Duchatelet trick.
  • Options
    edited November 2022

How can this be legal ????

Sounds like dodgy advice, possibly from the solicitor/lawyer that was strongly rumoured to have their place of work on an industrial site in Maidstone ? 

SO glad you're out of this madhouse, Dan ! 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Sounds like dodgy advice, possibly from the solicitor/lawyer that was strongly rumoured to have their place of work on an industrial site in Maidstone ? 

Isn't that just a standard non-compete/non-solicitation clause? Had them in most of my contracts back when I was an employee. 
    Really ? 

I guess as an ex civil service long term employee there was NO "associated company" ! 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Chunes said:

Isn't that just a standard non-compete/non-solicitation clause? Had them in most of my contracts back when I was an employee. 
    Really ? 

I guess as an ex civil service long term employee there was NO "associated company" ! 
    I think so. I might be wrong but they're rarely enforced. If a club employee joins a sponsor, the club is unlikely to want to upset the sponsor by kicking up a fuss. 

Probably more used as a bargaining chip.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Really ? 

It used to be in my contacts in Finanial Services but it was 3 months not 12. I'm not sure 12 is legal, but stand to be corrected on that.