Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• BG wants to be sacked, he will get his payoff, and is using the launchpad of interviews putting the onus on the owner and the players not performing. Make no mistake BG will find another job!
  • fmaddick said:
    Isn’t it accepted that we’ve got one of the highest budgets  in the division? Certainly top 5-6 I’d think?

in which case whose fault is it the money has seemingly been misspent?
    Seems like we're still dealing with the money spent on contracts during NA and JJ. 

Probably have a 'big' overall budget but BG only got to spend the money we could ship out....which was next to nothing. 
    Of course it might just be a slight of hand by an accountant and in fact we do notvhave that big a budget.
  • The signs have been there for all to see for a considerable time but some still insist we will strengthen the squad in January.

Maybe BG's words tonight will finally open their eyes to the REAL issues beleaguering our club both on & off the pitch. 

At some point, even TS's talk will dry up & it's abundantly clear he can't walk the walk. 

Why do people still backing him think he hardly shows his face in SE7 now ? 
    Are people backing him? Or just acknowledging there’s no other viable option around? 
  • cabbles said:
    Came with good intentions, but his execution has been as successful as Stockley’s record of goals from open play this season.  

He’s definitely done with us as well, save for hoping he can get someone to come in and offer something so he doesn’t have to put us in admin and write off the loss completely 

Heard QPR have an offer lined up for Leaburn today as well, however true that may be.  It’s not out of this world and sounds similar to what we probably got for Burstow last season.  I would imagine he’ll take that all day long 
     Debatable. Clearly, He had no intention of following up on any of his good intentions.
    I believe TS's initial intentions were good and made in good faith.
    However, as a non-football person he was very reliant on advice from supposed football experts to guide him through the financial and strategic minefield of owning a League 1 club.
    Here l think he was let down by chosing the wrong people to advise and assist him, to the point where early money was spent badly. Sandgaard then decided to ignore the 'experts' and convinced himself that him and his other family members could do the job better themselves. This strategy also has not worked (unsurprisingly)!
    So the money has gone and the strategy currently is to minimise further losses.
    Whilst we would all love to reach the playoffs, what would happen if we were promoted?
    Without the availability of sufficient funds to buy championship quality players next season, we will pass straight back down to L1.
    And then what?
  • Scoham said:
    Was there another Katrien bullying incident ?

Hope nothing more than a frank exchange of views took place 
  • It’s all a bit immaterial sadly until someone else steps forward with cash to have their go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can't understand what benefit Sandgaard gets from owning Charlton. 
    His plans to get us to the promised land of the premier league is in shreds. 
    Our chances of reaching the championship without sufficient funds are also almost non existent. 
    So what benefit does Sandgaard have in owning a mid table league one club. 
    It's costing him millions every year.
    He has  absolutely no chance of recovering what it has cost him.
    The fan base has gone from being largely supportive to being angry at how things are going. 
    I cannot see a single benefit to Sandgaard in continuing to own us.
    I believe he now realises that buying Charlton was a financial disaster for him with zero benefits..
    I've no idea how he will get out of this mess of his own creating or who would be prepared to buy the club from him but one thing I'm certain of is that he won't be here this time next year. 
    The day he admits failure is coming, but like his recording career, he still feels that he can cut it with a stroke or strokes of genius, he's deluded but, in the meanwhile, we have to watch supporters give up on the club.  
  • edited November 2022
    Absolutely it’s what he signed up for and he bit off way more than he can chew, 

sadly I don’t think there’s anyone serious ready to take us on. 
  • To me without doubt he has proved he is full of bull, in the mould of trumpty dumpty.
  • Not just yesterdays performance but for the first time I’ve got to say that the Sandgaard ownership isn’t going to progress the club. I don’t think he’s as bonkers as Duchatelet but he’s obviously not capable of following a normal template for running a football club with hopes of progressing. He’s had long enough to put into place the building blocks behind the scenes but it’s still shambolic. It’s not his fault he’s not rich enough to progress us on the pitch as needed but he’s just not getting those structural things right either. No idea if he’s either in the market to sell or if anyone is interested but I’m now hoping TS sells. That’s not to say I’m in a TS out brigade. 
  • Just caught up with the latest offerings. I'm disappointed to see there's nothing new in them. Should rename it the 'air the same grievances again' thread. Could do with an alert notification for original content really.

Even more disappointing is that, yet again, posters are digging out others as a grouping that they believe are still supportive of TS, creating there own enemies within when we all want the same thing. Why? Just why?
  • Sponsored links:

• I just can't understand what benefit Sandgaard gets from owning Charlton. 
    His plans to get us to the promised land of the premier league is in shreds. 
    Our chances of reaching the championship without sufficient funds are also almost non existent. 
    So what benefit does Sandgaard have in owning a mid table league one club. 
    It's costing him millions every year.
    He has  absolutely no chance of recovering what it has cost him.
    The fan base has gone from being largely supportive to being angry at how things are going. 
    I cannot see a single benefit to Sandgaard in continuing to own us.
    I believe he now realises that buying Charlton was a financial disaster for him with zero benefits..
    I've no idea how he will get out of this mess of his own creating or who would be prepared to buy the club from him but one thing I'm certain of is that he won't be here this time next year. 
    What choice does he have? He can’t just walk away, someone would need to take it off his hands, agreeing to spunk millions a year while owning, essentially, nothing.

Is that a deal you’d sign up for? I can’t imagine he’s got much of a queue. 
    It’s been confirmed there are credible parties interested, so the whole ‘who would want to buy us’ argument is rubbish. 
  • edited November 2022
    I have no doubt there's credible interested parties, but I wonder what daft figure Sandgaard would want. 
  • It's not just the figure he wants - it's also going to be the terms around the sale. I fear for us - I really do.
  • swordfish said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I have no doubt there's credible interested parties, but I wonder what daft figure Sandgaard would want. 
    There will come a point when holding out for more money is less important to him than continuing to lose more.

I think that point will come this summer if we finish midtable again. 
  • swordfish said:
    Just caught up with the latest offerings. I'm disappointed to see there's nothing new in them. Should rename it the 'air the same grievances again' thread. Could do with an alert notification for original content really.

Even more disappointing is that, yet again, posters are digging out others as a grouping that they believe are still supportive of TS, creating there own enemies within when we all want the same thing. Why? Just why?
     Dusted it off because I felt Garner did dig Sandgaard out a bit yesterday post match.
  • swordfish said:
    Just caught up with the latest offerings. I'm disappointed to see there's nothing new in them. Should rename it the 'air the same grievances again' thread. Could do with an alert notification for original content really.

Dusted it off because I felt Garner did dig Sandgaard out a bit yesterday post match.
    Fair enough, but quite a few on here seem to be rubbing rather large crystal balls when it comes to predicting a lack of transfer activity in January.

Garner was let down n the summer no doubt, but I'm not calling the next window before it even opens. We are still two players beneath the EFL senior squad number limit! I doubt we will be when it closes.
  • swordfish said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    There will come a point when holding out for more money is less important to him than continuing to lose more.

We need a buyer that would be willing to follow a particular agreement and maybe even offer to do so.

The new hopeful potential owner could offer to speak highly of Sandgaard to the SL press, tell them that TS had business acumen and that the club is now an attractive proposition to purchase, because of what TS managed to do.

They could simply just say Sandgaard improved the club. We know it's bullshit but an agreement is an agreement.

All parties need to be happy and then we can hopefully move on.

Sandgaard is unfortunately the individual who has the control