Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• He should write a song titled: "Bullshit,  banned and fired"

Chorus: 

Saving money and telling lies with

Considerate respect, I despise 

Get out of my club and you are now banned 

This Danish waffle and or no Charlton fan!

Outro solo 
  • Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
    I don't know what he would deem a reasonable amount and I doubt his opening position is where he would end up, but he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is only going to end one way, which I'm sure is difficult for him. 
    How does this align with your previous observation there are potential bidders in the background?

There is always a 'price' but surely that's only identified when parties start talking to each other. Are there 'talks' however tentative / high level?
    There is interest, but these things are always a dance. 
    Problem with our waltz is that there are three people in it. Sandgaard, Duchatelet and buyer. 
    And what are they actually getting for their money from Sandgaard?
    FL membership, playing squad (put your own value on that if any) a lease agreement for The Valley & SL and the cherry on top is a massive big debt. 
    And an academy with a proven track record of producing sellable assets, on a regular basis. Which makes it all the more mystifying that he has cut their funding.
  • Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
    I don't know what he would deem a reasonable amount and I doubt his opening position is where he would end up, but he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is only going to end one way, which I'm sure is difficult for him. 
    How does this align with your previous observation there are potential bidders in the background?

There is always a 'price' but surely that's only identified when parties start talking to each other. Are there 'talks' however tentative / high level?
    Problem with our waltz is that there are three people in it. Sandgaard, Duchatelet and buyer. 
    A money pit and average third teir players. Virtually nothing to be honest apart from the lottery ticket of success.

A money pit and average third teir players. Virtually nothing to be honest apart from the lottery ticket of success.
    Yep. I suppose the academy like @Hornchurch says too. Duchatelet is the one any buyer really needs to engage with. 
  • God this is a depressing thread. What is it with our effing club that we just keep attracting spivs, crooks, nutters and egomaniacs for owners. Next time lucky ?
    Life is like a chicken coop ladder.
    Short and full of shit.
  • Eventually these issues will attract media attention outside of the Charlton-focused local stuff. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

You make it sound like Sandgaard is the main stumbling block here?
    If he's a stumbling block then surely Duchatelet is a huge f**k off brick wall?
    When did he become someone that just needs his tummy tickled all of a sudden??
    Because until someone can deal with Sandgaard Duchatalet isn't part of the equation. You have to get some sort of agreement with TS before Roly's demands even become relevant.
    Not necessarily - why not buy the physical assets first? It might even be easier to deal with Roland if you don’t own the club. 
  • Sponsored links:

• rananegra said:
    Eventually these issues will attract media attention outside of the Charlton-focused local stuff. 
    I don’t think it will.  I think that unless TS pulls his cash (he may well do), the working conditions for the non playing staff aren’t that hot a topic for anyone outside of here and those affected, aside from a bit of local coverage.  I’m not dismissing the stress and experiences those affected have gone through, more highlighting that unless we run into the sorts of issues Wigan are going through re: players being paid late, who cares? 

Again, that’s not to sound harsh to those impacted, but we’re so far off being a story on any other level than the SLP at the moment.  Maybe TalkSPORT and Jim White might circle if he thinks TS is showing signs of poor ownership, but I think outside of the however many on here that discuss this thread, I reckon the interest among our own fans is pretty non existent 

Blimey, that Nicko from the Sun has taken over Airman’s account
    Bloody hope not, he blocked me on Twitter 😁😁
  • edited November 2022
    cabbles said:
    rananegra said:
    Eventually these issues will attract media attention outside of the Charlton-focused local stuff. 
    I don’t think it will.  I think that unless TS pulls his cash (he may well do), the working conditions for the non playing staff aren’t that hot a topic for anyone outside of here and those affected, aside from a bit of local coverage.  I’m not dismissing the stress and experiences those affected have gone through, more highlighting that unless we run into the sorts of issues Wigan are going through re: players being paid late, who cares? 

Again, that’s not to sound harsh to those impacted, but we’re so far off being a story on any other level than the SLP at the moment.  Maybe TalkSPORT and Jim White might circle if he thinks TS is showing signs of poor ownership, but I think outside of the however many on here that discuss this thread, I reckon the interest among our own fans is pretty non existent 
    Exactly, and its easy to fall into the trap of assuming that your average Charlton fan is as engaged with the inner runnings of the club as we are in the CharltonLife bubble. You're average Charlton fan just gets his or her Charlton news from the local paper, the matchday programme and the OWS. They probably couldn't name anyone working at the club outside of the 1st team manager and assistant. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

You make it sound like Sandgaard is the main stumbling block here?
    If he's a stumbling block then surely Duchatelet is a huge f**k off brick wall?
    When did he become someone that just needs his tummy tickled all of a sudden??
    Because until someone can deal with Sandgaard Duchatalet isn't part of the equation. You have to get some sort of agreement with TS before Roly's demands even become relevant.
    Not necessarily - why not buy the physical assets first? It might even be easier to deal with Roland if you don’t own the club. 
    The problem is that unless you make one conditional on the other you are always putting one selling party or the other in a stronger bargaining position. It makes no sense to pay for the ground without securing the football club, which TS can then try to ransom, or vice versa. 

This is also why TS's original deal was one no serious bidder would entertain.

The caveat is that TS is more likely to run out of road, as unlike RD he is facing repeated losses.
    I don’t disagree entirely, but if what we’re seeing is related to cash flow, Sandgards leverage dwindles as his cash dries up. Roland’s leverage on the club owner is a constant, unless the buyer is willing to move the club. 
  • God this is a depressing thread. What is it with our effing club that we just keep attracting spivs, crooks, nutters and egomaniacs for owners. Next time lucky ?
    Short and full of shit.
    A bit like you mate :p
  • Bailey said:
    I think it's a waiting game with Sandgaard. There is probably still part of him that thinks this might work out, but he probably knows that's a long shot. His comment about cost reductions would not bring a break-even situation on its own was interesting, then how does he think he'll reach cost neutral then or has he now woken up to the fact that he has come out with another dopey statement to add to his list of dopey statements.
    I think that means selling players at a profit in order to break even, that's the only option available to him isnt it. I suspect we might see some outgoing in January. For example what did Dobson cost us ? I'm certain he is pretty sure to have interested parties in January, CBT ? Some of our youngsters? I think TS is starting to think he can pick up free agents and put them in the shop window. 
  • Bailey said:
    I think it's a waiting game with Sandgaard. There is probably still part of him that thinks this might work out, but he probably knows that's a long shot. His comment about cost reductions would not bring a break-even situation on its own was interesting, then how does he think he'll reach cost neutral then or has he now woken up to the fact that he has come out with another dopey statement to add to his list of dopey statements.
    With increased revenue from hospitality, ticket sales and sponsorship is what I read in the CAST article, but assuming he's estimated how much he expects to generate from each source, well that isn't stated.
  • edited November 2022
    If there is a serious bidder waiting in the wings a deal can always  be done. 

TS needs an out with a little dignity,  ie make good some of his losses and he can say ‘passing the reigns on to those with deep pockets’ etc.

RD can negotiate with whoever and again if the price is right will sell - as each month passes the numbers for him potentially change as his age becomes more of a factor. He no longer has the challenge of passing the loss making football club on to someone. 
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    I think it's a waiting game with Sandgaard. There is probably still part of him that thinks this might work out, but he probably knows that's a long shot. His comment about cost reductions would not bring a break-even situation on its own was interesting, then how does he think he'll reach cost neutral then or has he now woken up to the fact that he has come out with another dopey statement to add to his list of dopey statements.
    With increased revenue from hospitality, ticket sales and sponsorship is what I read in the CAST article, but assuming he's estimated how much he expects to generate from each source, well that isn't stated.
    Well it was another dopey statement then Swordfish. It's almost like 'have a nice day' you say it but have no conviction or belief that you actually mean it. 
    Short and full of shit.
    The Brazilians are gonna love you fella.🫣
  • edited November 2022
    Bailey said:
    swordfish said:
    Bailey said:
    Well it was another dopey statement then Swordfish. It's almost like 'have a nice day' you say it but have no conviction or belief that you actually mean it. 
    Nail on head, Bailey.

How the feck could he raise revenue via hospitality &/or tickets when both are overpriced & under subscribed as a result. And the cost of living has skyrocketed ...but probably not in his world.

And what is there remaining to attract further sponsorship at a L1 club which already seems to have it's fair share?   

Of course, if Thomas headlines post match entertainment in the "Fans' Bar" & charges for entry..........maybe not. 

Wonder if he has a Plan B ?
    The targeted cost cutting measures are easier for him to predict and implement, hence him signing off on expenses to exercise tighter control. 

To increase revenues is more difficult to achieve and predict because of all the variables he can't control, such as the cost of living crisis. It hasn't helped that those he can control, like ticket pricing, he's set too high given our league status and economic climate, but he's responded to advice on that now.

His plan is clearly to shrink the cost base whilst growing the revenue side of the Club, but unless he's a magician, that's a hard trick to pull off. We'll have to wait and see what rabbits emerge from the hat in the January transfer window, hopefully not ones that get startled in the headlights as soon as they put on a Charlton shirt.
    Short and full of shit.
    The Brazilians are gonna love you fella.🫣
    Of course, they'll not understand a word I am blabbering on about.
  • If there is a serious bidder waiting in the wings a deal can always  be done. 

TS needs an out with a little dignity,  ie make good some of his losses and he can say ‘passing the reigns on to those with deep pockets’ etc.

RD can negotiate with whoever and again if the price is right will sell - as each month passes the numbers for him potentially change as his age becomes more of a factor. He no longer has the challenge of passing the loss making football club on to someone. 
    I don’t buy into Duchatelets age being a factor. He has more money than he could ever need and what he owns in terms of The Valley and Sparrows is money in the bank anyway. He’ll pass on his wealth regardless, whether that’s money, business or real estate is probably immaterial to him. 
    I only said potentially ! And by that it might assist not hinder.
  • This prob not the correct thread.. but I heard tonight, that RD only owns The Valley and Sparrows Lane is owned by Murray and ex directors.. this might be false news. Or old news! 
  • Don’t think that’s right mate 
  • Don’t think that’s right mate 
    I didn’t think it was, the info come from an ex player who had a group who was close to buying the club,. I didn’t think it was the case