Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    I’m sure there’s a number that can make that happen. Will anyone pay it? I assume you know a lot more than me on that front.
  • Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
    I don't know what he would deem a reasonable amount and I doubt his opening position is where he would end up, but he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is only going to end one way, which I'm sure is difficult for him. 
    How does this align with your previous observation there are potential bidders in the background?

There is always a 'price' but surely that's only identified when parties start talking to each other. Are there 'talks' however tentative / high level?
    There is interest, but these things are always a dance. 
    Hopefully a jive and not a slow waltz.

In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
    I don't know what he would deem a reasonable amount and I doubt his opening position is where he would end up, but he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is only going to end one way, which I'm sure is difficult for him. 
    How does this align with your previous observation there are potential bidders in the background?

There is always a 'price' but surely that's only identified when parties start talking to each other. Are there 'talks' however tentative / high level?
    Classic Airman!
  • If there is to be a follow up session with Sandgaard as proposed by CAST then to get them maximum number of people to attend could it be arranged for people also join via Teams & Zoom for those of us who don't live in the area?. 

Problem with our waltz is that there are three people in it. Sandgaard, Duchatelet and buyer. 
  • If there is to be a follow up session with Sandgaard as proposed by CAST then to get them maximum number of people to attend could it be arranged for people also join via Teams & Zoom for those of us who don't live in the area?. 
    What’s the point, he just feeds them lines of spiel and drivel. 
  • Sponsored links:

• This is all such a double edged sword situation. You just know we are going to go on a run at some point, land in the play offs which will prolong our current owners’ interest and hopes. On the one hand why would we not like that, but bigger picture says mid-table mediocrity this season may hasten a departure and change of hands. Shouldn’t need to be looking at it this way, but this is where we are at from my perspective and I think I would take that mid-table spot as things stand if it led to a more prosperous change…? Thing is, we can guarantee nothing. So frustrating, but nothing beyond what we have come to expect following our great team. 

Hopefully a jive and not a slow waltz.
    Barclay ? 
  • edited October 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    shirty5 said:
    castrust said:
    CAST board members met with Thomas Sandgaard and other club representatives on Weds evening. Here's the full report:

https://www.castrust.org/2022/10/thomas-sandgaard-break-even-scenario-would-not-be-achieved-by-cost-cutting/
    Where to even start with that! Could be here all day 
    So we have the 4th highest budget & it's higher than last year but we are I believe 10 players light from last season & we hear that we are paying 4th division wages. Jack Payne for one came here on less wages than he was offered at Swindon, so where is this higher players budget being spent ?
    I 100% believe that a team of Lifers would do a very job running the business side of the club, given a little backing. There’s a wealth of expertise on here. 

Hey steady on, you're just a football fan,  turn up, wave your scarf & cheer the team, leave running the football club to businessmen who know what they're doing.
  • How has away travel to games changed for the team?
  • God this is a depressing thread. What is it with our effing club that we just keep attracting spivs, crooks, nutters and egomaniacs for owners. Next time lucky ?
    Sadly, I think in modern football nutters and egomaniacs are the rule rather than the exception.
  • After reading that I've come to the conclusion that what Thomas Sandgaard thinks and what Thomas Sandgaard says and does exist in two very different realities.
    Gollum?

Ladies and Gentlemen.

A tap dance!
  • Sponsored links:

• I can imagine a potential buyer after being in talks with Sandgaard

"What on earth was that...its like I've just done a moonwalk on the edge of a cliff" 
  • I understand that Sandgaard sacked long standing employees for 'cost cutting' reasons. But why did he also ban these people from watching games? 

You make it sound like Sandgaard is the main stumbling block here?
    If he's a stumbling block then surely Duchatelet is a huge f**k off brick wall?
    When did he become someone that just needs his tummy tickled all of a sudden??

Problem with our waltz is that there are three people in it. Sandgaard, Duchatelet and buyer. 
    And what are they actually getting for their money from Sandgaard?
  • I understand that Sandgaard sacked long standing employees for 'cost cutting' reasons. But why did he also ban these people from watching games? 
    Dan Burke I think got a job with a club sponsor who work / were working at The Valley and Charlton presumably didn't want him continuing to work at The Valley.
    I don't believe he's banned from attending as a fan. 

You make it sound like Sandgaard is the main stumbling block here?
    If he's a stumbling block then surely Duchatelet is a huge f**k off brick wall?
    When did he become someone that just needs his tummy tickled all of a sudden??
    Because until someone can deal with Sandgaard Duchatalet isn't part of the equation. You have to get some sort of agreement with TS before Roly's demands even become relevant.

And what are they actually getting for their money from Sandgaard?
    FL membership, playing squad (put your own value on that if any) a lease agreement for The Valley & SL and the cherry on top is a massive big debt. 
  • "Not welcome in any capacity" was the phrase Dan used I believe, I know of at least two others that have said it privately and I'd guess Nathan and myself would probably fall into that category too.
    Although banning myself out of respect to Mick E was probably a wise move.  :D