Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• I see that Zynex have blocked people from replying to this tweet. Pathetic 🤷‍♂️
  • Pico said:
    boggzy said:
    Pico said:
    boggzy said:
    shirty5 said:
    He’s getting triggered when he’s now having to mention Duchatelet. Not even 10 percent that went on with the protests etc back then, are even close to now.

I don’t see him being owner of Charlton by the start of next season in my opinion. Not been told or heard anything but running it down to the bear minimum may (in his mind) make it easier to sell by next summer 

PS Can't believe the bullying concerns and myriad staff 'losses' weren't brought up at the meeting!
    Some won’t bite the hand that feeds them it seems. 
    Stu / Boggzy - why not try reading the notes of the meeting before you comment ? 

"In terms of the reports that the culture inside the club was aggressive he said that it was “deliberate to challenge staff and in the name of change [in culture]”. He said we need something different either through the people already employed or by new people coming in.  A “whole different culture” is needed or “nothing will ever change”. He regretted that “initiatives that are well meant are viewed as offensive and aggressive by employees or people who are outside of the organisation”.

We outlined how in general salaries for non-football staff tend to be lower when compared to other industries so the rewards must come in other ways such as working in a fun and pleasant environment. He said he had been through the same process in the company he runs in the U.S. and eventually it turns into a great place to work."

I've read that three times now. Once on your website, and the two times you've copied and pasted on here.

There's nothing there about bulllying - the protagonist has been there years now, you can see on the TK thread how upset/shocked supporters are about it. It's not 'aggressive', it's literally making people ill and quit their jobs.

I am assuming you didn't respond to his waffle in any way, shape or form?

Yes, well done for getting the bloke to a meeting, where the bollox he spouts can be shown up in the future (though I'm not sure what help that actually is in the scheme of things) - but I'm sure a paying membership would have expected some sort of pressure - not just 'right, he's answered that, on to the next question'.
    His reply makes it clear that it is not about one "protagonist" but rather a deliberate culture led from the top. 
    Ah that's OK then, thanks for clearing that up.

On to the next question!
  •  Zynex's share price might have gone down but conversely the $to£ rate has worked in his favour
    True….. but that’s a very recent development.
  • Boggzy, Stu you always have the option to stand for the CAST board if you feel unhappy about the way we have approached this.

If we started citing specific names and cases TS could far too easily dismiss that as not something he was prepared to talk to “outsiders” about. 
    And @Stu_of_Kunming to be 100% clear we receive no favours or hospitality from the club. On the one occasion a good while back when @Pico and I met with TS and RM at the Royal Oak, the pub supplied some food and I bought the drinks in a personal capacity. 
    You get the meetings, which might not happen if you took a firmer stance on the horrific actions of the club. 

Perhaps that’s a necessary, pragmatic approach, I didn’t even say it was wrong, just gave my opinion as to why they’re not asked. 
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:
    Guess this has already been spoted.
    But when he says that Charlton Athletic football club has the 4th largest budget in the league .this is likely true.
    But that does not mean the squad budget is the 4th largest, he is talking about the whole running cost of the club and being a London club those other costs are probably a lot higher than in the rest of the country.
    Not true mate. He says 4th highest PLAYING budget.
  • msomerton said:
    But when he says that Charlton Athletic football club has the 4th largest budget in the league .this is likely true.
    But that does not mean the squad budget is the 4th largest, he is talking about the whole running cost of the club and being a London club those other costs are probably a lot higher than in the rest of the country.
    Wage budget I believe 
  • msomerton said:
    Wage budget I believe 
    He says PLAYING. I suggest you read it again, that’s if you are able to.
  • We have probably got the 4th biggest playing wage budget, but it's an unbalanced squad. We are on our 4th manager since TS has owned us and have a mismatch of players, some who clearly cannot play Garnerball - so a lot of this money is wasted
  • Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Which it will eventually, there will come a point he’d rather sell than fund further losses. It’s just a question of when.
  • Sponsored links:

• Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Unfortunately I don’t see him changing his ways, so the only hope is the price tag becomes more realistic for those interested. 
    Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
  • Scoham said:
    Whilst it must be clear to everyone the situation and TS’ running of the club is far from ideal, until someone is prepared to pay what it takes to do a better job, we’re stuck with him. 

Which it will eventually, there will come a point he’d rather sell than fund further losses. It’s just a question of when.

I absolutely agree with this , it's absolutely a when. Probably when there's no one in the squad that he can sell for seven figures to reduce the losses. Could easily see him entertaining offers by the end of the season if we aren't in the PO hunt. 

Until and unless he is willing to get out of the way we won’t find out whether that is a possibility.
    Maybe we should start a new Card ( not CARD) initiative & send him some good wishes for his next project to help him on his way....

:wink:
  • Would he maybe consider joining the ex directors and offer to get some recompense should we reach the PL, and hand it over to someone with serious clout....if they exist??
  • Without breaking any confidences I know for obvious reasons quite a lot of people who have been or are involved in running or overseeing the club at a senior level or have a professional insight. Absolutely none of them think TS is doing a good job or have confidence in him going forward.
    I don't think he even believes it's possible, the numbers aren't close to adding up. It's just bare faced lies at this stage. 
  • An important consideration is...do the players and coaching staff like Sandgaard?

He will be sniffing around every now and again and making alterations/having some kind of input. 

Do they find him annoying?

Or, do they not really have an opinion one way or the other? 
  • Dave2l said:
    An important consideration is...do the players and coaching staff like Sandgaard?

He will be sniffing around every now and again and making alterations/having some kind of input. 

Do they find him annoying?

Or, do they not really have an opinion one way or the other? 
    You'd probably expect this from me, but I'm guessing he'd plummet in their esteem should he fail to pay their wages at some point.
  • Would he maybe consider joining the ex directors and offer to get some recompense should we reach the PL, and hand it over to someone with serious clout....if they exist??
    I doubt many purchasers would agree though. If you are going to spend £'s to try to get to the PL it is a high risk/high reward strategy.  If that was me I would want the reward not to pass it to a failed previous owner just because he didn't achieve his own goals.  

Appreciate the spivs agreed to a similar deal but they picked up the club and it's assets for nothing in return didn't they?

In your opinion, if someone came to TS and offered him a sum he deemed a reasonable amount to buy the club, do you think TS would genuinely entertain it? Or is he too committed/invested in being the power that be in SE7? 
    I don't know what he would deem a reasonable amount and I doubt his opening position is where he would end up, but he's going to have to come to terms with the fact that this is only going to end one way, which I'm sure is difficult for him. 
    How does this align with your previous observation there are potential bidders in the background?

There is always a 'price' but surely that's only identified when parties start talking to each other. Are there 'talks' however tentative / high level?