Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• I would love us to be in and around the playoffs by the January window, TS would then be in a position to back up his bold words of a couple of weeks back when declaring the will be looking to get new signings in early if possible, I remain sceptical but in fairness if that League position was achieved I think it would be the first time that the club,under TS, would be looking at the top six in January, we were well off the pace last year and Chuks was brought in but on the down side that was before the declaration of the intention to break even was announced.  
  • Off_it said:
    Funny isnt it, we win some games and this thread isnt so popular .....
    Because people don’t want to hear it, rather than because short-term results demonstrate underlying change. Nothing is going to happen on the pitch to make Sandgaard’s ownership work, IMO, but most of us are interested in the football in front of us most of the time. Otherwise we wouldn’t be paying attention at all.
    The only thing that can make his ownership work, is on the pitch. 

Get into the playoffs, win them and suddenly everything could look a lot different.
    Not gonna happen with this squad, once all the games in hand have been played, I suspect we will be back in mid-table looking up.  
    Win tomorrow and we could be 1 point off the play offs.
    "Always look on the bright side of life".
  • Never a fan of digging this thread out after a loss...but in light if Garners comments this evening, think it deserves an airing.
  • It’s time to sell up, I’m afraid we won’t go forward with TS at the wheel:
  • Where is he these days anyway?
     Hardly hear a peep out of him
  • Came with good intentions, but his execution has been as successful as Stockley’s record of goals from open play this season.  

He’s definitely done with us as well, save for hoping he can get someone to come in and offer something so he doesn’t have to put us in admin and write off the loss completely 

Heard QPR have an offer lined up for Leaburn today as well, however true that may be.  It’s not out of this world and sounds similar to what we probably got for Burstow last season.  I would imagine he’ll take that all day long 
  • Isn’t it accepted that we’ve got one of the highest budgets  in the division? Certainly top 5-6 I’d think?

in which case whose fault is it the money has seemingly been misspent?
  • cabbles said:
    Came with good intentions, but his execution has been as successful as Stockley’s record of goals from open play this season.  

He’s definitely done with us as well, save for hoping he can get someone to come in and offer something so he doesn’t have to put us in admin and write off the loss completely 

Heard QPR have an offer lined up for Leaburn today as well, however true that may be.  It’s not out of this world and sounds similar to what we probably got for Burstow last season.  I would imagine he’ll take that all day long 
     Debatable. Clearly, He had no intention of following up on any of his good intentions.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2022
    fmaddick said:
    Isn’t it accepted that we’ve got one of the highest budgets  in the division? Certainly top 5-6 I’d think?

Without seeing to hand what other teams budgets are on this division then we don’t know. How Sandgaard seemed to know this earlier on in the season is a mystery to me 
  • Doesn’t sound good.
  • What does he mean by limited amount of the budget available to him?

Another Sandgaard contract anomaly perhaps?
  • It’s perfectly clear that Tight Thommy gaslighted him.
  • Sponsored links:

• What does he mean by limited amount of the budget available to him?

Another Sandgaard contract anomaly perhaps?
    Think as has been said elsewhere that the budget was xxx but yyy was already spent on existing contracts etc leaving Ben with diddly squat to work with.
  • At the risk of being repetitive the trouble with owning CAFC rather than a Cambridge , Fleetwood, Morecambe, Bristol rovers , Burton etc etc  - the list is almost endless apart from the Wendies, Pompey and Derby - we will have the highest operating costs regardless of the playing budget which is why Sandgaard keeps saying this. 
    We have a Championship even Premier League ground / set up / operating costs but we are in the 3rd division 
  • edited November 2022
    cabbles said:
    Came with good intentions, but his execution has been as successful as Stockley’s record of goals from open play this season.  

My (excitable)source says palice him signed 6 weeks ago.
  • fmaddick said:
    Isn’t it accepted that we’ve got one of the highest budgets  in the division? Certainly top 5-6 I’d think?

Seems like we're still dealing with the money spent on contracts during NA and JJ. 

Probably have a 'big' overall budget but BG only got to spend the money we could ship out....which was next to nothing. 
  • Here we go again🙄
  • Judging by them comments I wouldn't be surprised if Garner is looking for a way out