Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    PWR
    Lots of chat and thoughts about TS and his plans or not to sell, also about his supposed lack of cash or expertise in running our great club, I keep recalling talk from one of the original snakes trying to run us into the ground, maybe Fartsmell or possibly it was Elliot, but they kept saying that "Thomas has no money" or words to that effect, and all will become clear... well I certainly scoffed as I would think the rest of us did....well, here we are now...
    Don't know the inner thinking of Thomas or the gang, but we either need some change at the top, or a quick change of direction to where we are heading and it ain't up at the moment..
    I dont think it is a good idea to go over anything any of that mob said and start thinking it might have been truthful ! One thing I do know that is 100% fact is that none of that lot had an ounce of integrity, morals or cash. Please let's not harp back to their past statements wondering if they are factual as you wont be wrong to just assume it was lying bollocks
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Say he wants £5m for the club. If he sold in a years time, he would have lost it and some. Best surely to let it go for £1 now. If somebody is willing to take us on.
    £8m losses a year over 2 years is £16m. 
    These are operating losses, which are recurring but they don’t include transfer dealings. Sandgaard says he has spent £20m which presumably includes what he spent to acquire the club, but he’s likely to have made a profit on transfers. It is conceivable he’s regarding that as money he’s put in too, but it’s impossible to say.

in any event, the point is that he has to find the extra money if he remains owner. He can ask what he likes of a purchaser but in the meantime he has to cover the losses one way or another. He isn’t going to break even by cutting costs or increasing revenue.
    So using £16m as the figure for the operating losses to date, then considering the income / expenditure on the transfer market (bonus payments from previous outbound transfers?). Approximately, how deep is TS into the Club I wonder?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    AndyG said:
    PWR
    Lots of chat and thoughts about TS and his plans or not to sell, also about his supposed lack of cash or expertise in running our great club, I keep recalling talk from one of the original snakes trying to run us into the ground, maybe Fartsmell or possibly it was Elliot, but they kept saying that "Thomas has no money" or words to that effect, and all will become clear... well I certainly scoffed as I would think the rest of us did....well, here we are now...
    Don't know the inner thinking of Thomas or the gang, but we either need some change at the top, or a quick change of direction to where we are heading and it ain't up at the moment..
    I dont think it is a good idea to go over anything any of that mob said and start thinking it might have been truthful ! One thing I do know that is 100% fact is that none of that lot had an ounce of integrity, morals or cash. Please let's not harp back to their past statements wondering if they are factual as you wont be wrong to just assume it was lying bollocks
    I most certainly was not trying to put credence to anything that mob said, my point was that many of us are now saying the same thing, it was an ironic statement, I know none of that lot had any integrity, morals ,or cash, that was a given, hopefully you can understand my point, there was no intention to create animosity..
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Say he wants £5m for the club. If he sold in a years time, he would have lost it and some. Best surely to let it go for £1 now. If somebody is willing to take us on.
    £8m losses a year over 2 years is £16m. 
    These are operating losses, which are recurring but they don’t include transfer dealings. Sandgaard says he has spent £20m which presumably includes what he spent to acquire the club, but he’s likely to have made a profit on transfers. It is conceivable he’s regarding that as money he’s put in too, but it’s impossible to say.

in any event, the point is that he has to find the extra money if he remains owner. He can ask what he likes of a purchaser but in the meantime he has to cover the losses one way or another. He isn’t going to break even by cutting costs or increasing revenue.
    So using £16m as the figure for the operating losses to date, then considering the income / expenditure on the transfer market (bonus payments from previous outbound transfers?). Approximately, how deep is TS into the Club I wonder?
    Whatever he is in for will never be recovered, just as Dutchelet will never recover his losses, although Roland thinks he will recover that loss in a sale of the assets or rather he did. There is a striking similarity in both men though, they both reached a point where any further investment in the club became a non starter and they simply paid the bills plus sold whatever they could to partly cover their losses.
    I am convinced that TS's statement about the club being cost neutral in two years time is part of a selling strategy, not a good one though, our problem is that the ESI's are still out there and when the current owner is getting desperate to off load his eight million a year loss, he's not going to be choosy who takes it off him. 
  • Options
    I am not convinced that he wants out (yet). I have been told that the undersoil heating system is now connected to a boiler. If that is true, why would he commit to that cost (on Roland's property)?  Plus the cost of filling the 20 miles of piping with hot water on freezing days if he was trying to bail out? 
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    I am not convinced that he wants out (yet). I have been told that the undersoil heating system is now connected to a boiler. If that is true, why would he commit to that cost (on Roland's property)?  Plus the cost of filling the 20 miles of piping with hot water on freezing days if he was trying to bail out? 
    They might have found an old boiler in a skip!
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Without seeing the full notes from the fans forum it's hard to say but I really hoped they needled him on the complete bunkum he has pitched about the squad slowly building to a successful one and that we are a few transfer windows away from greatness.
    Did the signings we made in the summer look like they were rough diamonds? Young future starlets?
    Certainly not. A few journeymen cast offs that I doubt many others were seriously interested in.

Sandgaard treats us as though we are as all as dim as he is.
    As did Southall, as did Katrien Miere, as did Richard Murray...
  • Options
    Is it just rubbershoes typing these notes up 10-wpm ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
  • Options
    So it’s official, he/we are a joke…

again. 😩
  • Options
    Without seeing the full notes from the fans forum it's hard to say but I really hoped they needled him on the complete bunkum he has pitched about the squad slowly building to a successful one and that we are a few transfer windows away from greatness.
    Did the signings we made in the summer look like they were rough diamonds? Young future starlets?
    Certainly not. A few journeymen cast offs that I doubt many others were seriously interested in.

Not sure the recent signings are journeymen cast offs in the way Watson, Gunter, Lee and Marcus Maddison were. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure the recent signings are journeymen cast offs in the way Watson, Gunter, Lee and Marcus Maddison were. 
    Wollacott, Sess and JRS all have the potential to play higher. Latter two are loans so that’s unlikely to be with us.

Egbo and Thomas too early to judge. They’re at this level for a reason but young enough to develop further.

Not convinced about Payne, O’Connell and McGrandles playing above L1. Nothing wrong with signings like that in a promotion squad if you have enough stand out players with that Championship potential, but so far I’m not seeing that in this squad.
    I think O'Connell can play championship, I have been impressed with him. Good defender and good on the ball, maybe lacks a bit of pace.

• Options
    mendonca said:
    My main concern (or gripe) is when stability is the glossed up word for cost-cutting and little investment. 
    It’s referring to the owners bank balance.
  • Options
    edited September 2022

just seen this on Facebook. Don't know how true this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Seeing nothing on Twitter or from Cawley himself to suggest there's anything in that. 
    Let's hope that remains the case. Last straw for me if there is any substance in it as it would 100% demonstrate that there is zero clue in terms of management from high
  • Options
    Hasslebank as DOF?
  • Options
    Surely JFH wouldn't be getting straight back into a management type role he seems way more at home on Sky doing pundit work? 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Aren't we short of kit men??

Will we be able to get him some shorts that fit??
  • Options
    This isnt defence of TS when I ask this question but realistically what can we expect if TS sells? Who is out there? Who would want to take the chance on us? More importantly, are we as a club, financially worth it? 

Again not a loaded question and no right or wrong answer but I am curious as to what is out there & peoples opinions.
    Like before TS no one they all run scared of the financial package, debt  and losses  and cost of getting rid of the crooks … after going through what TS did to get the club no way he going to put our future in jeopardy by spending way above our means … TS is doing the right thing , fans can shout and throw toys out the pram because Man City beat  us to Haaland if we are not wasting money on players no better then what we have in our squad or youth level ……
    Considering how last season went, we needed to sign better players than we had.

sadly I’m not sure we have.