Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sandgaard ownership discussion 2022-3 onwards (Meeting with CAST p138)

Comments

• Options
    Clean sheet win

clean sheet win

he will rock

we will win
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    I actually hate the bloke more than Duchâtelet. At least the Belgian cretin didn't try to disguise his views, and what he was doing; or the fact that he was a clueless, egotistical twat.

Not half as egotistical as Sandgaard, mind you.
    Particularly like this one, was taken at a CAST meeting (if ever there’s a time to don your guitar!) however his expression paints a thousand pictures!

I can’t help but feel a little embarrassed at that expression. Bit cringeworthy tbh. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    TelMc32 said:
    I think Thomas is now screwed unfortunately.  The only way he can afford to purchase The Valley & Sparrows Lane, at Duchatelet’s ridiculous 2x its’ worth valuation, is to get the Club to the Premiership. At that point though, his first obligation is the former Director’s loans. 

If he isn’t prepared now to spend and fill the obvious squad gaps with quality players then the likelihood of getting out of this league, let alone get through the Championship, will grow ever more remote.  He has nothing to sell except the ticket to play in the Football League, no assets to realise the funds needed to compete without his own further input. 

His advisors did a great job getting him through the ESI tangled ownership, but it seems that they were severely lacking in letting him know what was typically needed to operate a football club in England. We will continue to shrink as a club and wallow in League 1 (if we’re lucky).  

Christ!! That’s depressing when I write it down 🥺
    The ex-director loans are not triggered by reaching the PL - they become interest earning but are repayable over several years. In that context, they really don’t matter as they are trivial next to PL revenue.

Promotion would trigger more payments to the Belgian, but again not so large as to be much of a consideration. 

Unfortunately, this is all hypothetical.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Most depressing thread ever. 
    Not saying people are wrong, it’s just depressing. 
    We have a sliver of hope this season, because there’s only one really good team in the league, but it’s just a sliver. As it stands there are probably five or six better than us (if we avoid too many injuries). All I can hope is that we improve through the season, and we have a good January window, but I’m not holding my breath. 
    Don't really understand the logic of your post JS.

There are two really good teams based on form so far this season as they are both in the top two, both on the same points and are both undefeated this season. Not sure how you have managed to split them?

"As it stands" is an easy one because the league table reflects "as it stands" and as things do stand, we are 14th meaning there are 13 teams better than us "as it stands"

I don’t think you can base everything on league positions at this stage of the season (9 games played), Mike.  
    Portsmouth tend to fade, and haven’t had the hardest start to the season in terms of fixtures.  
    If you watch Ipswich they seem to have started this season in the way that they ended the last one, playing quality football. 
    There’s a reason Ipswich are 5/4 for the title, and Portsmouth are 13/2. Ipswich are imho a good bet for the title, whereas I believe Portsmouth are more likely to be playoff contenders, unless they go on one of their losing streaks.

Charlton are 40/1 (joint 8th favourites) for the title. I’m saying there are probably five or six better teams than us in the league if we avoid injuries, but obviously we won’t. The bookies know that.
    You were the one that quoted “as it stands” so the table after nine games shows exactly as it stands. 

No worries going round in circles here and to be honest I don’t give that much of a toss to debate it
    I didn’t mean ‘as the league table stands’ though, I just meant at this stage of the season. 
    I just believe we’re unlikely to make the playoffs unless we’re hugely lucky with injuries, or if Tommy opens his wallet in January. I’m sure we can agree both of those scenarios are pretty unlikely. 
  • Options
    boggzy said:
    I actually hate the bloke more than Duchâtelet. At least the Belgian cretin didn't try to disguise his views, and what he was doing; or the fact that he was a clueless, egotistical twat.

Particularly like this one, was taken at a CAST meeting (if ever there’s a time to don your guitar!) however his expression paints a thousand pictures!

Incredible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boggzy said:

Embarrassing does not do this picture justice, the bloke is an egotistical knob.
    That HAS to be a cardboard cut out !

(Not you CAST guys ! )
  • Options
    Sorry to change the subject, does anyone know if the minutes from the fans forum meeting are ever going to be issued?
    Changed that for you. 
  • Options
    Sorry to change the subject, does anyone know when the minutes from the fans forum meeting are going to be issued?
    Sometime this week
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Body language experts would have a field day with this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The others in that photograph look well embarrassed, and rightly so.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    boggzy said:

That guitar looks like one of those blow up ones you take to a party or to Butlins for a 70’s weekend 
    So does the guy holding it  ;)
    Posted earlier that it must be a cardboard cut out.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Fantastic!

A piss takers dream.
  • Options
    Sorry to change the subject, does anyone know when the minutes from the fans forum meeting are going to be issued?
    They are still working out which parts need to be redacted.
    It says a lot about Charlton and our recent history that a word like redacted features on a football forum thread and passes without comment. Fairly depressing really.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Very quiet on this board since the transfer window closed - stuffing been knocked out of everybody - people can’t even muster the effort to have a petty row about something - - even Mutley has stopped giving us his football views picked up from his under 8 managerial days - sad times 
    Maybe we should hire the valley and have his under 8s against your vets team...
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Very quiet on this board since the transfer window closed - stuffing been knocked out of everybody - people can’t even muster the effort to have a petty row about something - - even Mutley has stopped giving us his football views picked up from his under 8 managerial days - sad times 
    Tbh mate I always posted a lot. In the main most of the posts were to defend the ownership against the marauding critics but after the window and recent events I'm keeping quiet !! Plus your right a fair bit of stuffing has been knocked out of me. All I'm waiting for now is our manager to walk and Martin takes over which after all the goings on recently honestly wouldnt surprise me