Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2022

Comments

• Options
    First time I’ve ever fancied  McIroy but too short at 10s. Have backed Fleetwood and Koepka
    Fleetwood should be in contention the way he plays, so many could win, I think it’s gonna be a cracker of an open.👍
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I've done Rory, Rose, Fleetwood, Zalatoris, Hatton, Rahm, Fitzpatrick and Speith, all on Skybet who are paying for Top 11, as e/w bets.
  • Options
    On our way to St Andrews now. Going today and tomorrow. Excited!
    Wow, hope you have 2 great days...wish I could go...but I've done The Open at St George's back in the day...that was one hell of a day...loved it!
  • Options
    Rose withdrawn. Presumably an injury. Some very interesting pin positions. The only defence the course has in benign conditions. 
  • Options
    Wtf if Justin Thomas wearing?  He looks like he’s just about to jump out of a airplane 
  • Options
    Usually I'd love seeing Poulter well up the leader board, but not this week. Got a few boos on the first tee as well. 
  • Options
    Usually I'd love seeing Poulter well up the leader board, but not this week. Got a few boos on the first tee as well. 
    Sorry i must have missed something, why do you not want him to do well? Is it to do with the other organisation? 
  • Options
    Sorry i must have missed something, why do you not want him to do well? Is it to do with the other organisation? 
    I’d assume so and I’d agree with him.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:
    I’d assume so and I’d agree with him.
    I get it, although i've always loved following Poulter. Not sure i would want him to do bad though... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Poulter is one of three players who went to LIV then took legal action to revert back and play in the Scottish Open
    Ian Poulter and two others WIN their legal challenge to play in Scottish Open | GolfMagic

Edit: SB beat me to it. Plus Poulter's an Arsenal fan.
  • Options
    Cameron Young is having a stormer -7, could easily be double figures with a few missed putts for birdies in good position. Expected a few low ones considering the conditions, Cameron Smith started well 2 behind, Mclroy -4 through 10

Still a few big hitters to go later so not sure -7 is safe for the clubhouse lead just yet but its a good/ impressive start. 
  • Options
    Lee Westwood is an utter cock. Arrogance personified in that interview. I’d have been rooting for him in previous years. 
  • Options
    Go Rory! V good day - glad we didn’t turn up just to see Tiger. I do miss Justin Rose though. 
  • Options
    Woods is really struggling, think it's time he retired gracefully he looks in pain again.
  • Options
    Woods is really struggling, think it's time he retired gracefully he looks in pain again.
    Quite difficult to watch this actually. I suspect we may not see him tomorrow. 
  • Options
    “You’re watching Rolex hour. Uninterrupted coverage brought to you in partnership with Rolex”. Except we’re interrupting the golf to tell you that you’re watching uninterrupted coverage………😳
  • Options
    Fitzpatrick has got the arsehole with the woods circus. He’s clearly not enjoying himself and is mumbling and moaning more than I’ve seen him for a while. It can’t be easy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And now we’re watching the fragrant but annoyingly nasal Henni pretending to be Jordan Spjeth complete with a hologram of the latter spouting a load of techno mumbo jumbo.  But it’s the Rolex hour bringing you uninter………..you can tell I’m bored and have a migraine. 
  • Options
    Sky Sports coverage is superb, not many adverts and quality , i assume you are in the US Sillybilly? 
  • Options
    Quite difficult to watch this actually. I suspect we may not see him tomorrow. 
    This. Wouldn't surprise me if he withdraws this evening.

As for Westwood......didnt realise he was playing let alone -4. Didn't see any of his play & missed his interview. 
  • Options
    Sky Sports coverage is superb, not many adverts and quality , i assume you are in the US Sillybilly? 
    Earlier they said the ad breaks were only going to be 60 seconds. The Rolex hour they've been doing all season. Certainly during the Opens & The Masters.
  • Options
    Nah, I’m just passing the time and having a chuckle. I agree, the Sky coverage is excellent. You only have to watch that LIV nonsense and listen to the hysterically on-message commentators to realise exactly how good Sky are at what they do (although I do find the Tiger love in just a little OTT).  I could split hairs and wonder whether Andrew Coltart will ever learn to pronounce the letter “t” instead of telling us how well “Scoddy” is “pudding”, or hoping that Dame Laura will cheer up but, essentially the coverage is terrific. I may moan, but I haven’t moved (literally - I’m on morphine and codeine) since 0630 this morning. 
  • Options
    Lee Westwood is an utter cock. Arrogance personified in that interview. I’d have been rooting for him in previous years. 
    Yes, ugly wasn’t it.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Just noticed Sky now show the player on cameras position on the leaderboard as they play their shot. Great idea.
    It's the simple things
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Yes, ugly wasn’t it.
    Haven’t seen the interview, but it does seem that Westwood has decided upon a bit of a prickly attitude since the liv golf membership, bit of a shame he’s decided this approach as I’ve always enjoyed listening to westy and rooted for him. I think he is in serious danger of really ruining his reputation at the end of a very good career.  I guess he has decided he will take the flak, he’s quids in. The liv golfers seem to speaking like everyone is against them, so have developed a bit of a siege mentality. Not sure everyone is against them though. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t care less where they play. Up to them. People throwing their toys out of the pram. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Couldn’t care less where they play. Up to them. People throwing their toys out of the pram. 
    Establishments are being challenged, was always going to get ugly. I’m neither for or against it to be honest. I accept peoples moral compasses will be spinning like crazy but deals will be made to smooth things out I guess. Do wonder though with all the fines from the tours for players, liv golf said they will pay, will the tours not take the money due to the source of that money? If so will they take it but give it to charity? Or forget they’re morals and just pocket it?.