Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2022

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Is it just me or does Paul McGinley wear clothes that are a bit too young for him?
  • Options
    Once again Rorys putting lets him down when it counts,not the first time. Excellent from Smith though,cant take anything away from him,a worthy champion.
  • Options
    Is it just me or does Paul McGinley wear clothes that are a bit too young for him?
    Made me chuckle. His haircut isn’t quite as slick as normal today 
  • Options
    Respectfully taking his hat off to get the trophy but the Captain of the R&A really didn’t want to let go of it……
  • Options
    Drive for show putt for dough 
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Drive for show putt for dough 
    Bang on,He does both. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I'm not a massive Rory fan but he seems a really interesting, intelligent person so have grown to root for him thanks to podcasts. So it's a bit deflating.

I'm listening to the No Laying Up catch up show and it sounds like Smith is quite close to LIV, which sucks. Basically pulled the 'not a politician' line in his press conference. Plus Leishman is 99% going, his Zurich Classic teammate. 

Matsuyama is 99.9% going as well thanks to $350m and Srixon pulling for a Japanese team. Stenson is moving imminently and losing the Ryder Cup captaincy.

Was a great couple of weeks of golf with off course BS put on the back burner. Back to reality now, unfortunately.
  • Options
    Fantastic last day. Cameron Smith was amazing and is a worthy champion.
  • Options
    Gutted about Stenson. What a greedy turncoat.
  • Options
    Gutted about Stenson. What a greedy turncoat.

Why would LIV want to splash out millions on the world's 171st-ranked player who has not posted a top-10 finish in a full field event for almost a year?

The answer, of course, was Stenson's status as Ryder Cup captain. It made him a prime target and LIV's recruitment of the veteran Swede can only be interpreted as a direct attack on the DP World Tour

EXACTLY!