Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2022

Comments

• Options
    What a fucking bunker shot! At his best no one will beat him.
  • Options
    Ridiculous shot
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    I am watching but it's become a little bit of a chore. Yesterday's golf was so slow and today Laura Davies is boring me with her monotone and constant stating of the obvious.

It's shaping up to be a heck of a leaderboard though, as long as someone like Smith doesn't run and hide. The wind is switching so it's a little bit into on the back 9, albeit it's gonna die out as the day prolongs. 
    I think the rest might be covering their eyes and counting to ten……..
    They found him and are currently giving him a good kicking. 
  • Options
    This is compelling viewing but they are right in the very edge of credibility with some of these pin positions. Next stop is windmills…….
  • Options
    What a treat we are in for this afternoon.
  • Options
    The only thing that could spoil this from being compelling viewing would be if McIlroy or Hovland were to go two or three shots clear of the other early on, especially with the pack another four shots plus behind. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    The only thing that could spoil this from being compelling viewing would be if McIlroy or Hovland were to go two or three shots clear of the other early on, especially with the pack another four shots plus behind. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
    Agreed but there is always a double/treble from nowhere on the cards as Cameron Squared and DJ showed yesterday. This won’t be over till it’s over. I think if either Rory or Viktor shoot 4 under they will win. 
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a golfer to win a tournament as much as I do Rory today 
  • Options
    I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a golfer to win a tournament as much as I do Rory today 
    Me too as I've got £20 ew on him at 10s.... though my old man always makes me put £20ew on Tommy Fleetwood and it's cost him a lot over the years but he looks to be starting to handle four rounds at a major better and I got 66/1 for him last week!

Plus whatever happens I don't want a LIV golfer winning.
  • Options
    Cant see anyone apart from 1 of the top 4 winning it. Would love Rory to do it but something just tells me he's due one of his dodgy rounds where he drives poorly & putts just dont drop. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant see anyone apart from 1 of the top 4 winning it. Would love Rory to do it but something just tells me he's due one of his dodgy rounds where he drives poorly & putts just dont drop. 
  • Options
    His putting is massively improved.
    Hovland's chipping usually his nemesis.
    Cam Smith won't play as badly again.

One of those 3 for me.
  • Options
    Don’t think Smith played that badly, just no way he could putt as well as second round. Think I heard he sank over 250 feet of putts in that round which was some tour record
  • Options
    Brilliant player of course but the Rory 'love in ' is becoming tedious for me. 
  • Options
    Smith should be banned from the course just for having that ridiculous Aussie hair and tash . 
  • Options
    So far you are obviously disappointed @golfaddick, because Rory playing well, and within himself

Somewhere, in a world far, far away, there is an alternative @golfaddick who is able to post positive CL comments 

Hey ho 😳
  • Options
    Absolutely loving this final day so far 
  • Options
    Tommy Fleetwood is as hot as a griddle at the moment - if the top of the leaderboard don’t start to pull away, he is coming up behind them like an express train 

Great stuff to watch 
  • Options
    Rory now 2 clear. Still between the top 4 imo but whisper it quietly I feel it could be Rory's day.
  • Options
    Rory now 2 clear. Still between the top 4 imo but whisper it quietly I feel it could be Rory's day.
    Welcome to CL the alternative @golfaddick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Impressed by the way Young is hanging in there. Still very much Rory's to lose however.
  • Options
    Half way through the round & really no fireworks from anyone. Suits McIlroy as all he needs to do is keep out the bunkers & the gorse and he should win. 
  • Options
    Rory’s putter isn’t working. Still in control but one balls up and he’s got Cameron squared right up his backside. 
  • Options
    What a putt from Rory....back to 2 in front
  • Options
    Rory’s putter isn’t working. Still in control but one balls up and he’s got Cameron squared right up his backside. 
    Knew I’d gee him up 😉
  • Options
    Why’s Hovland being such a tart?
  • Options
    He’s being playing badly for a number of months. I suspect when push comes to shove he just doesn’t trust his swing. 
  • Options
    He’s being playing badly for a number of months. I suspect when push comes to shove he just doesn’t trust his swing. 
    Just think you’re in a situation like you are now, have a gamble. You won’t win it being conservative, the chasing pack is on you. Just seems weird.
  • Options
    Just think you’re in a situation like you are now, have a gamble. You won’t win it being conservative, the chasing pack is on you. Just seems weird.
    Yup. Although Rory is playing quite within himself too. He’s just doing it better. 
  • Options
    I’d imagine he is over the moon to be in contention bearing in mind his recent form, a year ago it would have been a given he’d be up there. Rory is looking so in control of his game at the moment, really sorted out the short game.