Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Open 2022

Comments

• Options
    Rory's not putting great. Pushing or pulling it & many putts not threatening to go in. If someone draws level with him it could get ugly. 
  • Options
    Can see Cam Smith putting Rory out of this.
  • Options
    Rory's not putting great. Pushing or pulling it & many putts not threatening to go in. If someone draws level with him it could get ugly. 
    One bad shot now, or one bit of magic, cam smith suddenly on fire.
  • Options
    If you pushed me right now I’d tip Smith. He doesn’t look like missing a putt. Rory doesn’t look like holing one. 
  • Options
    If you pushed me right now I’d tip Smith. He doesn’t look like missing a putt. Rory doesn’t look like holing one. 
    This.

Smith has just birdied 4 on the trot. I just cant see Rory going on a birdie trail. 

Love to be proved wrong. 
  • Options
    Yesterday Rory & Hovland were pulling each other along. I feel Hovland is holding Rory back. Rory had nothing to feed off. 
  • Options
    Silly little gripe this, but it’s always annoyed me how the tv companies show the leaderboard wrongly so that the popular player is at the top.
    They used to do it with Tiger Woods and they’re doing it with McIlroy today - Smith is -18 after 13 while McIlroy is -18 after 12. Smith should therefore be at the top. 
  • Options
    Bloody Tiger King won’t go away.
  • Options
    Silly little gripe this, but it’s always annoyed me how the tv companies show the leaderboard wrongly so that the popular player is at the top.
    They used to do it with Tiger Woods and they’re doing it with McIlroy today - Smith is -18 after 13 while McIlroy is -18 after 12. Smith should therefore be at the top. 
    I agree. The player ahead on the course should be shown first.
  • Options
    Smith will be clear at the top soon enough,all on his lonesome. Only one winner for me atm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As I said earlier, Rory's putts just not dropping. That last one was dead on line. Another roll & it was in. 
  • Options
    Another birdie for Smith.

Rory now chasing. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Bloody Tiger King won’t go away.
    Quite like Smith normally but not today,so want Rory to win this
  • Options
    Smith starting to look uncatchable. At least it’ll be the end of that mullet.
  • Options
    Knew Smith reminded me of someone 

• Options
    I think the being one hole behind will help Mcilroy, will give him the target, he’s not playing bad. If smith doesn’t birdie all the way in, I think Rory will be ok. 
  • Options
    Think Rory needs something to spark his round into life. Maybe seeing Smith take the lead will do it
  • Options
    This is awesome viewing, great golf 
  • Options
    Rory just not reading the putts today. Always a few inches the wrong side. On another day he would have be home & hosed.
  • Options
    I think its down to Smith messing up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think its down to Smith messing up.
    That’s not out of the question with smith, nor rory to be fair. 
  • Options
    Could be career defining this for Rory. Such a big deal the 150th it was written that this was the one where he returns to winning majors. Win it and he might win a load more. I’d he doesn’t from the position he was in overnight it could knock the stuffing out of him. That could all be cobblers of course. 
  • Options
    Rory might have to go for it on 17. Take it down the right & then try to play it up the green. Cant leave it for the 18th. 
  • Options
    Cameron Young is a miserable sod. Never seen so much as a grin from him all week. Great player but a smile would be nice. 
  • Options
    All over now. 
  • Options
    Rory cant birdie it from there.
  • Options
    Smith in a bit of a pickle on 17. Bad mistake from the middle of the fairway. 
  • Options
    Smith has a terrible shot from there.
  • Options
    Not over yet, smith needs a good up and down
  • Options
    Comon Rory...door slightly ajar