Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TS in The Sun today

Has been tucked away in another thread but thought it might be missed by many.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19351677/charlton-thomas-sandgaard-ben-garner/

‘Decades of mismanagement’
approached someone with Champions League experience to be manager

Comments

• Options
    Could be Roberto Di Matteo I guess, he won it at Chelsea as the interim manager after all. 
  • Options
    Well the proof of the pudding is in the eating and the first bite comes on Saturday.

Reading that interview it comes over as an American PR exercise and other owners have made similar promises since 2007.  I also dont like the way he disassociates himself from the ticketing fiasco of last season "our staff", he must have signed off the initiatives.  Hopefully, it will all come together up in Accrington!
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.
    I like Tommy but I wish he would say less sometimes.

Well if you read what he says, the manager wasn't available at the time for other reasons but was interested.

Respond with context.
  • Options
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.
    I like Tommy but I wish he would say less sometimes.

Well if you read what he says, the manger wasn't available at the time for other reasons but was interested.

Respond with context.
    If even the mangers are unavailable where's anyone gonna sleep?  Not even the friendliest innkeeper can help
  • Options
    But Sandgaard himself decided to approach a household name who has not only won the Champions League but other European and domestic titles too.

Benitez is the only one I can think of who fits all those criteria and isn't currently in a much better job.

Di Matteo and Rijkaard the other trophies bit doesn't seem to fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    But Sandgaard himself decided to approach a household name who has not only won the Champions League but other European and domestic titles too.

Benitez is the only one I can think of who fits all those criteria and isn't currently in a much better job.

Benitez is in a much better job than Charlton!

Guess it could be a player that won the Champions League/other European leagues? If Sandgaard genuinely went after a manager who has won those competitions I’m half impressed half concerned. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    se9addick said:

Benitez is in a much better job than Charlton!

Guess it could be a player that won the Champions League/other European leagues? If Sandgaard genuinely went after a manager who has won those competitions I’m half impressed half concerned. 
    Jon Dahl Tomasson won the Champions League with AC Milan, the league with AC Milan and Feyenoord.

I mean he's just come to England as well, as Manager of Blackburn Rovers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Genuinely misread title as Tits in The Sun Today 🤦🏻‍♂️
    The good old days...
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Wish I could get as angry about an interview with not much in it as some.
    Who is angry?
  • Options
    Not angry in the slightest. Just think he's a bullshitter.
    Exactly. 
    Given time more will realise he's not what he appears 
  • Options
    Turd polishing at its absolute finest!

You were sold a pup Tommy. Deal with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Several decades of mismanagement 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Just say since Dowie was appointed 15 odd years ago !

After the blow this league out of the water remark which boosted the season tickets 12 months ago to about 10k and we started in relegation form, prefer action to words.

The difference in wages between recruiting a European champions League winner and a Division 2 manager must be 10 fold.

Avron Grant might come cheap ! 
  • Options
    Hooray Henry 👏