Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TS in The Sun today

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    Why are you so anti TS, and moan at everything he does?
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.
    And how is the club not being run properly? What parts are you referring too?

Do you mean other clubs being run properly like, Birmingham? 
    Flip the question what part of the business is being run better (qualifying outputs) than it was 2 years ago?
    Well without access to the finances. 

What I’ve seen is compensation paid for Garner. Players being brought in. Improvements to Sparrows Lane. Additional partners signing up with the club. New electronic signage around the pitch side.

Admittedly the Cheerleaders haven’t signed yet but I’m confident they will.
    You have a very simplified view on this, you know the devil is in the detail and you seem to brush so much of that under carpet and then balance it out with quite naive observations.
    We all want the team to do well obviously and we all have different ways of expressing this, and they’re all valid it’s not for you to tell people they’re doing it the wrong way.
    If other people’s opinions offend you perhaps don’t read them?

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.

Flip the question what part of the business is being run better (qualifying outputs) than it was 2 years ago?

What I’ve seen is compensation paid for Garner. Players being brought in. Improvements to Sparrows Lane. Additional partners signing up with the club. New electronic signage around the pitch side.

You have a very simplified view on this, you know the devil is in the detail and you seem to brush so much of that under carpet and then balance it out with quite naive observations.
    We all want the team to do well obviously and we all have different ways of expressing this, and they’re all valid it’s not for you to tell people they’re doing it the wrong way.

Well in many respects they are fairly simple points that I’ve put forward and to me it suggests he is trying to put the club on a sound footing, to me that suggests he’s investing.

And I don’t think I’ve told anyone what to think or say. I’ve just said I find some of the comments way off but I haven’t asked anyone to stop.
    Fur coat and no knickers…
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Well in many respects they are fairly simple points that I’ve put forward and to me it suggests he is trying to put the club on a sound footing, to me that suggests he’s investing.

And I don’t think I’ve told anyone what to think or say. I’ve just said I find some of the comments way off but I haven’t asked anyone to stop.
    Fur coat and no knickers…
    See, you’ve proved my point.
  • Options

OMG. You really are bonkers. 
    I can't be bothered to try to talk rationally to you because it is clearly beyond you.
    I'd refer you to the sensible posts of @Uboat and @Cafc43v3r but I aee that that would be a waste of time.
    I hope that you enjoy the pitchside advertising, as that is clearly important to you.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.
    I like Tommy but I wish he would say less sometimes.

I understand this view but it's been almost two years now - I personally take everything he says in these national media pieces with more than a pinch of salt.

He loves the spotlight, that's just who he is. I don't believe he's here to BS us. I tend to believe that he's simply an optimistic fella who lets his mouth run away with excitement sometimes.

I appreciate having someone at the top who is as excited about the football as we fans. As long as the club remains ambitious and I can watch them play every Saturday, I couldn't care less about "promises" of the Premier League in five years or European football in 10. They're lofty targets but they're not something to crucify the man over.

My health has benefitted hugely from not taking everything TS says at face value.
    My health hasn't been adversely affected by anything that TS has come out and said but it certainly hasn't been helped by the dross that has been served up on the pitch week in, week out.
    To be fair that dross you talk about was served up by a manager a lot of people wanted and still are in a strop he got what was coming,and a bunch of shit players with shit attitudes, some of those shit players are still here and people are happy for them to start this season. 
    How many of said players weren't signed or resigned since Thomas brought the club?

Gilbey, Washington, Morgan and??
    Not sure of the point being made, I’m assuming you think I’m talking bollox?  
    My point is we have signed, or resigned, over 30 players, not including any from our academy, before this transfer window.

The number of outright succes you can count on 2 hands. Maybe even 1.

Last season rest firmly on the ownership.  We were really well set at the end of 20/21.  Last summers recruitment set us back 18 months, minimum.

You can blame Adkins, Roddy or uncle Tom Cobbly if you want.  Adkins would have cut his right bollock off to have Lavelle, JFC and Gilbey available at the start of last season.  None of them will start and 2 of them might not even be on the bench tomorrow.
    I’m not saying TS is is blameless, I never actually have despite what people say, but in no way do the managers and team get a free pass on last season, they were appaling.
    Who signed the players, who appointed the managers and which manager would have done significantly better?

Above Fleetwood and below Bolton, who ever the manager was.  That's the fault of the owner, no ifs, no buts.  Yet he spent a fortune.  Go figure.

If lessons have been learnt, no harm done (except to his pocket) if he wants to waste it who am I to tell him not to.
    JJ. Did significantly better for 7 games as I recall hence TS being forced to give him the job on a permanent, then just just got stubborn and the players knocked off, not the owners fault I’m afraid. And I’m not just sticking up for TS on this one, because that is fact!! As you say.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    YTS1978 said:
    Don't really see a problem with the interview tbh!
    I can see one rather big one
    That it's with The Sun I assume?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He does put his foot in his mouth at times. So if it all goes tits up, Martin is the scapegoat. 

He needs to take a backseat and keep a lower profile in my opinion.

Likeable bloke for sure but that ego needs to be kept in check.,
  • Options
    At least he can see the possibilities I suppose. I feel the club is and has been an oil field that is being drilled by a black and decker. This has been going on for years as we have failed to have an owner that wasn't incompetent, skint or a crook. It needs investment to open it up. The bottom line which we all know is that the club is not sustainable in League One and to be honest, if it became so, we can forget about any ambition. 

What I think is Sandgaard's big issue is that he is successful and has probably proved a lot of people wrong in his career. This will have instilled the belief that you can succeed where others fail. And I believe that can actually work, but where he falls down is that he doesn't understand football. Where he has succeeded in the past, he has probably instinctively known what to do, but in relation to football he hasn't got a clue.

That isn't to say there isn't a path for him but he is going to have to find where the best advice is and follow it. And be willing to fund the right route. Fill in his gaps and then his drive and ability to succeed may kick in and make it work. To be fair, he may have tried to do this, but looked in the wrong place.
  • Options
    The interview took place on the veranda of the new training building. I wonder if his comments are directed at a specific audience?
    We didn’t get Cat1 and I believe that there is some surprise that we did not at least get a provisional status like other Clubs have.
  • Options
    ‘Decades of mismanagement’ is BS. 

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    ‘Decades of mismanagement’ is BS. 

its been more than one decade of mismanagement so we are splitting hairs here and tbf, i can't see anywhere in that interview where he refers to  decades at all - airman will know more of course but i've always felt that franchising out the food and drink in particular is crazy as most sports clubs rely on the bar takings - sponsorship, who knows?? maybe it can be trebled ?? club shop ?? season tickets have been too cheap in the past and although we should always keep a section very affordable, i think a lot of people have been and are willing to pay more - we moaned when we had an owner who was said to have no ambition or dreams about where the club could go to and now we are moaning about the exact opposite - i like the fact he talks us up and i hope it goes right for him this year   
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    It’s all becoming a bit farcical now.  I think he’s just so wrapped up in his own world and he doesn’t really understand the reality of what he owns.  Neither is an excuse.  He should’ve realised he needs to park the nonsense by now.  

It’s ridiculous foot in mouth syndrome.  We are a nothing club to those outside of our fanbase.  I don’t mean that in a derogatory way, it’s just a fact.  We’re not a viable commercial entity, we aren’t anywhere near competing at the top end of the game for many, many years to come.  

As ever, can’t fault his enthusiasm and financial commitment, but 2 years in, it’s the same misplaced arrogance/ignorance/naivety - take your pick 
    Less of a nothing club than Brentford or Palace. Other than that I agree with your comments 
  • Options
    Seems harmless to me.
  • Options
    Pudding the proof is in the - rearrange the words to discover a popular but persuasive cliche. Then stand back and wait for the trebling of revenue in L1. You may find it useful to have a book with you while you wait. Or a library.
    Sorry, I can't let this go.

This is worst than when you edited my "papa's got a brand new bag" joke to "papa's got a brand new pigbag" in the Voice. 

The proof isn't in the pudding.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Never mind. Accrington away today 😎
  • Options
    The guys a fruit loop when it comes to running a football club.
    No denying he’s done well for himself in business.
    Beggars belief that the papers even give him the time of day.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

We don’t need access to the finances. Despite a squad that you wouldn’t think is on high wages, we’re struggling to sign players because we can only spend 60% of our revenue on wages. Tells me what I need to know about the revenue. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.

I understand this view but it's been almost two years now - I personally take everything he says in these national media pieces with more than a pinch of salt.

He loves the spotlight, that's just who he is. I don't believe he's here to BS us. I tend to believe that he's simply an optimistic fella who lets his mouth run away with excitement sometimes.

I appreciate having someone at the top who is as excited about the football as we fans. As long as the club remains ambitious and I can watch them play every Saturday, I couldn't care less about "promises" of the Premier League in five years or European football in 10. They're lofty targets but they're not something to crucify the man over.

My health has benefitted hugely from not taking everything TS says at face value.
    My health hasn't been adversely affected by anything that TS has come out and said but it certainly hasn't been helped by the dross that has been served up on the pitch week in, week out.
    To be fair that dross you talk about was served up by a manager a lot of people wanted and still are in a strop he got what was coming,and a bunch of shit players with shit attitudes, some of those shit players are still here and people are happy for them to start this season. 
    How many of said players weren't signed or resigned since Thomas brought the club?

My point is we have signed, or resigned, over 30 players, not including any from our academy, before this transfer window.

Last season rest firmly on the ownership.  We were really well set at the end of 20/21.  Last summers recruitment set us back 18 months, minimum.

You can blame Adkins, Roddy or uncle Tom Cobbly if you want.  Adkins would have cut his right bollock off to have Lavelle, JFC and Gilbey available at the start of last season.  None of them will start and 2 of them might not even be on the bench tomorrow.
    I’m not saying TS is is blameless, I never actually have despite what people say, but in no way do the managers and team get a free pass on last season, they were appaling.
    Who signed the players, who appointed the managers and which manager would have done significantly better?

Above Fleetwood and below Bolton, who ever the manager was.  That's the fault of the owner, no ifs, no buts.  Yet he spent a fortune.  Go figure.

If lessons have been learnt, no harm done (except to his pocket) if he wants to waste it who am I to tell him not to.
    JJ. Did significantly better for 7 games as I recall hence TS being forced to give him the job on a permanent, then just just got stubborn and the players knocked off, not the owners fault I’m afraid. And I’m not just sticking up for TS on this one, because that is fact!! As you say.
    But the failer of last season has nothing to do with "decades of mismanagement" though has it?  Who's watch were the majority of those players signed on?  Roland's?

All the "deadwood" that were released in the summer?  They were not legacy contracts Thomas had to suck up.  The number of players we have signed, then released, in the last 2 years is astronomical.  Some within months, we even paid a substantial fee for one of them.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

But the failer of last season has nothing to do with "decades of mismanagement" though has it?  Who's watch were the majority of those players signed on?  Roland's?

All the "deadwood" that were released in the summer?  They were not legacy contracts Thomas had to suck up.  The number of players we have signed, then released, in the last 2 years is astronomical.  Some within months, we even paid a substantial fee for one of them.
    Last season, surely is a direct result of years of mismanagement. The players we had and have are here because of the decline of our club, we cannot afford or attract better. 

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I think Sandgaard has possibly discovered in life that there is no shortage of people telling you it is impossible or you are loopy for trying to achieve a difficult objective so he has no qualms about going for it. The problem arises when you go for it in the wrong way because you dont understand the obsticle. It may be he hasn't encountred this before. I have no problem with his extreme positivity, but I think I know enough to know some glaring wrong paths or at least harder paths when I see them.

We know from Duchatelet that wealth and business ability doesn't always translate to success in football. He bought a club with a beloved manager which just needed a bit of investment after having the rug pulled by the previous mob. That was incredibly fortunate if he understood it.  He also had poor advisers and a plan that was flawed, not just for us but his other network clubs due to issues a critical friend could have told him. Critics are not always enemies. Especially when there is a common goal.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

Last season, surely is a direct result of years of mismanagement. The players we had and have are here because of the decline of our club, we cannot afford or attract better. 

It wasn't cheap though was it?  Why did we have worse players last season than the season before?

We ended the 20/21 season looking like a team/squad that was a few players short of making a play off push.  We ended the 21/22 season looking like a team/squad that were a few injuries away from a relegation battle.

And I'll say it again it wasn't done in the cheap either.