Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TS in The Sun today

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.
    I like Tommy but I wish he would say less sometimes.

I understand this view but it's been almost two years now - I personally take everything he says in these national media pieces with more than a pinch of salt.

He loves the spotlight, that's just who he is. I don't believe he's here to BS us. I tend to believe that he's simply an optimistic fella who lets his mouth run away with excitement sometimes.

I appreciate having someone at the top who is as excited about the football as we fans. As long as the club remains ambitious and I can watch them play every Saturday, I couldn't care less about "promises" of the Premier League in five years or European football in 10. They're lofty targets but they're not something to crucify the man over.

My health has benefitted hugely from not taking everything TS says at face value.
    My health hasn't been adversely affected by anything that TS has come out and said but it certainly hasn't been helped by the dross that has been served up on the pitch week in, week out.
  • Options
    no news .. is good news  :*
  • Options
    Actions speak louder than words, let’s see if we’ve improved and if so by how much.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    No anger here, all frustration.

No need for spin articles like this, who is he trying to convince, other than himself? Just showing himself up as a rather vain and shallow person who's incredibly insecure about the job he's done as our owner so far, and therefore he feels the need to put out nonsense like this, with finger gun pictures to boot, it's very cringey 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.

I understand this view but it's been almost two years now - I personally take everything he says in these national media pieces with more than a pinch of salt.

He loves the spotlight, that's just who he is. I don't believe he's here to BS us. I tend to believe that he's simply an optimistic fella who lets his mouth run away with excitement sometimes.

I appreciate having someone at the top who is as excited about the football as we fans. As long as the club remains ambitious and I can watch them play every Saturday, I couldn't care less about "promises" of the Premier League in five years or European football in 10. They're lofty targets but they're not something to crucify the man over.

My health has benefitted hugely from not taking everything TS says at face value.
    My health hasn't been adversely affected by anything that TS has come out and said but it certainly hasn't been helped by the dross that has been served up on the pitch week in, week out.
    To be fair that dross you talk about was served up by a manager a lot of people wanted and still are in a strop he got what was coming,and a bunch of shit players with shit attitudes, some of those shit players are still here and people are happy for them to start this season. 
  • Options
    he's put a metaphorical target on us for all the 'smaller clubs' to aim at .. we'll soon see if our players are up for it
  • Options
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    Should rename himself Walter Mitty. I wonder if he believes all the crap he comes out with. 
  • Options
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    Should rename himself Walter Mitty. I wonder if he believes all the crap he comes out with. 
    Irony at its very best on CL!!!😜, ( and I include myself in that, sometimes!!😂)
  • Options
    And so I broke a promise to myself never to click on any Super Throwaway Scum links.

Okay, so I read the article. But it wasn't what Thomas said that had me laughing out loud, it was the photo of him in skin tight leather jeans.
    Yuk, mutton dressed as lamb. Thomas ..... just don't.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

To be fair that dross you talk about was served up by a manager a lot of people wanted and still are in a strop he got what was coming,and a bunch of shit players with shit attitudes, some of those shit players are still here and people are happy for them to start this season. 
    How many of said players weren't signed or resigned since Thomas brought the club?

Gilbey, Washington, Morgan and??
  • Options
    I’d say it was most likely Michael Laudrup
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:
    Don't really see a problem with the interview tbh!
    I can see one rather big one
  • Options
    ‘You cannot just turn around decades of mismanagement and get two quick promotions to the Premier League’ says the man who stated we would be in the PL within 5 years when he joined 2 yrs ago!
    Exactly, the only person that said we would was Sandgaard.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

I agee.
    I don't pay much attention to what a lot of people on here have to say about football.They lined up to ridicule what I had to say about McG at the beginning of last season. I think we all know how thar one turned out.
    If anyone really thought that Adkins should have stayed then I really feel sorry for them. Those performances were as abject as abject could be.
    i'm not fussed if my opinions aren't popular. I'll post my thoughts based on what I see.
  • Options
    Has been tucked away in another thread but thought it might be missed by many.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19351677/charlton-thomas-sandgaard-ben-garner/

‘Decades of mismanagement’
    approached someone with Champions League experience to be manager

I stopped reading roughly 2/3rds in.

I hope he stops the finger pointing and wild exaggerations.

I like sandgaurd, but I prefer it when he is mostly just quiet.

The problem we have here is, he will be making everything about him.
    It's not a crime, but he needs to step back and just allow things to go well and run smoothly without any direct interference or too much of his presence.

In other words.....Thomas, may you politely just f*ck off. In a nice way.

The players play for the club and the fans. They don't play for you and your ideas. 
  • Options
    Why are you so anti TS, and moan at everything he does?
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

How many of said players weren't signed or resigned since Thomas brought the club?

Not sure of the point being made, I’m assuming you think I’m talking bollox?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are you so anti TS, and moan at everything he does?
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

I agee.
    I don't pay much attention to what a lot of people on here have to say about football.They lined up to ridicule what I had to say about McG at the beginning of last season. I think we all know how thar one turned out.
    If anyone really thought that Adkins should have stayed then I really feel sorry for them. Those performances were as abject as abject could be.
    i'm not fussed if my opinions aren't popular. I'll post my thoughts based on what I see.
    I just had a look back on the McG thread and can only see the majority agreeing with you (including me).
    I can't see posters lining up to ridicule you, although obviously a few disagreed.
    Maybe it wasn't on the McG thread.
  • Options
    Some of the people on here!

Any excuse to start whinging at everything and anything.
    May I answer on behalf of said people,,,, 

why are we not allowed  to voice our concerns, if you lot are allowed to have such unwavering trust in him, you’re  just a f<%><ing happy clapper, if you knew what we know you wouldn’t be supporting him like he walks on water( but we’re not allowed to tell anyone out of said clique!)  think that sums it up. Hopefully stops two pages of slagging off people either way. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow by the way!!.  LLLBH!!!! COYRS.
  • Options
    paulfox said:

I agee.
    I just had a look back on the McG thread and can only see the majority agreeing with you (including me).
    I can't see posters lining up to ridicule you, although obviously a few disagreed.
    Maybe it wasn't on the McG thread.
    Can't remember which thread it was and it doesn't matter, but there were plenty.
    I was just making the point that i will make my observations, based on what I believe I see, If those observations are unpopular then so be it.

• Options

You keep deluding yourself that all is rosy in the Charlton garden and I'll keep speaking as I see fit.
    paulfox said:

why are we not allowed  to voice our concerns, if you lot are allowed to have such unwavering trust in him, you’re  just a f<%><ing happy clapper, if you knew what we know you wouldn’t be supporting him like he walks on water( but we’re not allowed to tell anyone out of said clique!)  think that sums it up. Hopefully stops two pages of slagging off people either way. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow by the way!!.  LLLBH!!!! COYRS.
    Who says everything in the gardens rosy or that I have unwavering trust? Not me! 

But I do feel there’s clear evidence that he’s trying to do the right thing, Sparrows Lane comes to mind but of course that don’t count, does it? He’s not a billionaire!

And as for voicing you’re concerns, don’t make me laugh, you’re all just looking for any opportunity to whine and whinge!
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

My point is we have signed, or resigned, over 30 players, not including any from our academy, before this transfer window.

The number of outright succes you can count on 2 hands. Maybe even 1.

Last season rest firmly on the ownership.  We were really well set at the end of 20/21.  Last summers recruitment set us back 18 months, minimum.

You can blame Adkins, Roddy or uncle Tom Cobbly if you want.  Adkins would have cut his right bollock off to have Lavelle, JFC and Gilbey available at the start of last season.  None of them will start and 2 of them might not even be on the bench tomorrow.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:

My point is we have signed, or resigned, over 30 players, not including any from our academy, before this transfer window.

The number of outright succes you can count on 2 hands. Maybe even 1.

Last season rest firmly on the ownership.  We were really well set at the end of 20/21.  Last summers recruitment set us back 18 months, minimum.

You can blame Adkins, Roddy or uncle Tom Cobbly if you want.  Adkins would have cut his right bollock off to have Lavelle, JFC and Gilbey available at the start of last season.  None of them will start and 2 of them might not even be on the bench tomorrow.
    I’m not saying TS is is blameless, I never actually have despite what people say, but in no way do the managers and team get a free pass on last season, they were appaling.
  • Options

You keep deluding yourself that all is rosy in the Charlton garden and I'll keep speaking as I see fit.
    paulfox said:

Who says everything in the gardens rosy or that I have unwavering trust? Not me! 

But I do feel there’s clear evidence that he’s trying to do the right thing, Sparrows Lane comes to mind but of course that don’t count, does it? He’s not a billionaire!

And as for voicing you’re concerns, don’t make me laugh, you’re all just looking for any opportunity to whine and whinge!
    Just to say I’m not one of said people, I agree with you mostly.