Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TS in The Sun today

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Uboat said:
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    Why are you so anti TS, and moan at everything he does?
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.
    And how is the club not being run properly? What parts are you referring too?

Do you mean other clubs being run properly like, Birmingham? 
    Who is our CEO?
    Who is our director of analytics?
    Who is our COO?
    What is the role of Raelynn Mooney?

Citing one badly run club doesn’t prove anything. 

I think TS has got a device that senses whatever I’m feeling good about his ownership and whenever it goes off he does something stupid or annoying. 
    Assuming we had all your suggestions in place, how would you expect the club to show its being run better, what evidence would you expect to see?

If, as @superclive98 has suggested that most other clubs throughout the FL has these positions filled as you imply are necessary, outside of the Premier League and Championship what clubs do you look to that are a role model for our division and below?

Money talks regardless of the importance of the  positions you mention and if owners aren’t willing to invest then most clubs at our level will stagnate which is evident in the usual clubs trying to stave of relegation year in and year out.
    Which club in our division gets gates of over 10k and try to stave off relegation year in and year out?

On the flip side i the owner doesn't spend, I won't use the word invest (you don't invest on your utility bills), you won't stagnant you will go out of business.
    I never said clubs getting over 10k are trying to stave off relegation, I said the usual suspects.

Read my Post in full which is just above yours, the one you’ve quoted has been edited.

Give me evidence of how our club would be better run with those positions @unboat suggests. We’re not in the premiership nor championship when clearly those positions would need to be filled, we’re in L1.and maybe a new approach could bare fruit of course I have no idea if it would?
    Yes the usual suspects that play in front of crowds, in some cases, that could fit in the Jimmy Seed stand.

Mrs TS isn't employed as a psychologist is she?  

I never suggested those roles at all.

I'll ask again what tangible success has Thomas had in two years?  Other than spending lots of money.

I appreciate some will take years to bare fruit but not all.
    As I said, I don’t know what role she fulfils but some seem to be suggesting that she plays a part, I put something forward that she might be fulfilling, I didn’t say she was.

Please read my posts properly and don’t imply I’ve said something when I haven’t!

And BTW I have no idea what utility bills have got to do with it, other than they need to be paid and I assume they are.

From my perspective TS is trying to be optimistic and show ambition and he’s putting his hand in his pocket, more than the other incumbents we’ve had over the last few years.

Is he getting it right, probably not but at least he gives me optimism that he might.

Raelynn is pretty much in day to day charge of all departments at The Valley. I make no observation about that, it’s just the way it is.

The main narrative is cost cutting. This isn’t to imply that TS isn’t covering the unavoidable operating loss, but the club is trying to work with fewer and cheaper staff, not invest in improvements to the personnel.

You can justify this as it cutting its cloth, but ultimately the whole business is unviable in L1  so however few or many you employ it will never stack up. I doubt if anyone thinks it was overstaffed post Roland.

An example would be the long serving first team analyst Brett Shaw bring replaced by the guy from Swindon who was a volunteer last season. I have no idea of their relative merits, but I’m sure a big part of the attraction is that he’s cheaper. Ditto Ron Dangermouse from Maldon and Tiptree, and the sacking of Dan Burke. There are other examples.

• Options
    It is difficult and I don't like to see good people lose jobs, but I think there is mileage in an owner maximising the fact that supporters would be willing to help for nothing. There may be a lot of experience and ability on tap if you want to look for it.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Uboat said:
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.

Who is our CEO?
    Who is our COO?

I think TS has got a device that senses whatever I’m feeling good about his ownership and whenever it goes off he does something stupid or annoying. 
    Assuming we had all your suggestions in place, how would you expect the club to show its being run better, what evidence would you expect to see?

If, as @superclive98 has suggested that most other clubs throughout the FL has these positions filled as you imply are necessary, outside of the Premier League and Championship what clubs do you look to that are a role model for our division and below?

Money talks regardless of the importance of the  positions you mention and if owners aren’t willing to invest then most clubs at our level will stagnate which is evident in the usual clubs trying to stave of relegation year in and year out.
    Which club in our division gets gates of over 10k and try to stave off relegation year in and year out?

On the flip side i the owner doesn't spend, I won't use the word invest (you don't invest on your utility bills), you won't stagnant you will go out of business.
    I never said clubs getting over 10k are trying to stave off relegation, I said the usual suspects.

Read my Post in full which is just above yours, the one you’ve quoted has been edited.

Give me evidence of how our club would be better run with those positions @unboat suggests. We’re not in the premiership nor championship when clearly those positions would need to be filled, we’re in L1.and maybe a new approach could bare fruit of course I have no idea if it would?
    Yes the usual suspects that play in front of crowds, in some cases, that could fit in the Jimmy Seed stand.

I'll ask again what tangible success has Thomas had in two years?  Other than spending lots of money.

As I said, I don’t know what role she fulfils but some seem to be suggesting that she plays a part, I put something forward that she might be fulfilling, I didn’t say she was.

Please read my posts properly and don’t imply I’ve said something when I haven’t!

And BTW I have no idea what utility bills have got to do with it, other than they need to be paid and I assume they are.

From my perspective TS is trying to be optimistic and show ambition and he’s putting his hand in his pocket, more than the other incumbents we’ve had over the last few years.

Is he getting it right, probably not but at least he gives me optimism that he might.

Raelynn is pretty much in day to day charge of all departments at The Valley. I make no observation about that, it’s just the way it is.

The main narrative is cost cutting. This isn’t to imply that TS isn’t covering the unavoidable operating loss, but the club is trying to work with fewer and cheaper staff, not invest in improvements to the personnel.

You can justify this as it cutting its cloth, but ultimately the whole business is unviable in L1  so however few or many you employ it will never stack up. I doubt if anyone thinks it was overstaffed post Roland.

An example would be the long serving first team analyst Brett Shaw bring replaced by the guy from Swindon who was a volunteer last season. I have no idea of their relative merits, but I’m sure a big part of the attraction is that he’s cheaper. Ditto Ron Dangermouse from Maldon and Tiptree, and the sacking of Dan Burke. There are other examples.

So why is Keohane still there if he’s costing a fortune?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Uboat said:

Who is our CEO?
    Who is our COO?

Now that is THE question.....
  • Options
    It is difficult and I don't like to see good people lose jobs, but I think there is mileage in an owner maximising the fact that supporters would be willing to help for nothing. There may be a lot of experience and ability on tap if you want to look for it.
    Don’t disagree with that, but you can’t fill important roles with volunteers as ultimately they are not accountable if they are unpaid. That’s non-league behaviour and inconsistent with the revenues that do flow into the business.

• Options
    Don’t disagree with that, but you can’t fill important roles with volunteers as ultimately they are not accountable if they are unpaid. That’s non-league behaviour and inconsistent with the revenues that do flow into the business.

We have a newly appointed fan engagement officer who, I assume, replaces Dan Burke.

I like Dan and that he was a fan and I don't know if this new bloke is better or worse or if he's on a lower or higher wage. 

We also have a new marketing manager.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Uboat said:

Who is our CEO?
    Who is our COO?

Now that is THE question.....
    Indeed, financially it makes no sense unless he is the best in the business at what he does…
    Does Thomas not care about his (other) staff?
  • Options

We have a newly appointed fan engagement officer who, I assume, replaces Dan Burke.

I like Dan and that he was a fan and I don't know if this new bloke is better or worse or if he's on a lower or higher wage. 

Are you suggesting that cost-cutting is not an objective down there, because that’s not the view of people close to it who both you and I know very well?
  • Options

Are you suggesting that cost-cutting is not an objective down there, because that’s not the view of people close to it who both you and I know very well?
    I don't know, I suspect that is a factor, but they have replaced Dan and have a new marketing manager.

But they also sacked the new COO and his team of 6 or 7 recently appointed sales people.

They could save a lot more by sacking Keohane but he's good at a few things, such as sucking up to the boss, claiming credit for others work and bullying.
  • Options

I don't know, I suspect that is a factor, but they have replaced Dan and have a new marketing manager.

But they also sacked the new COO and his team of 6 or 7 recently appointed sales people.

They could save a lot more by sacking Keohane but he's good at a few things, such as sucking up to the boss, claiming credit for others work and bullying.
    Can Thomas and Rayleine not see through that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It seems not.

My guess is that he does exactly what Thomas asks him to do but Thomas doesn't see the wreckage left in TKs wake.

And to be honest I'm probably not helping as I imagine TS sees it as a personal attack and, like with the ladies team, has dug his heels in.
  • Options

" There's none so blind as those that cannot ( won't ?) see ....."
  • Options

It seems not.

My guess is that he does exactly what Thomas asks him to do but Thomas doesn't see the wreckage left in TKs wake.

And to be honest I'm probably not helping as I imagine TS sees it as a personal attack and, like with the ladies team, has dug his heels in.
    That stubborn streak again and TK just exploiting the situation perhaps 
  • Options

It seems not.

Woman's team, today of all days!
  • Options

Are you talking about the new “head of commercial partnerships”, because I’ll have a little bet with you about how long he’ll last, if you like…
  • Options

Are you talking about the new “head of commercial partnerships”, because I’ll have a little bet with you about how long he’ll last, if you like…
    No, marketing manager was the job title on the email I saw.

I think the "Head of commercial partnerships " is currently trying to contact Generous Robots