Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TS in The Sun today

Comments

• Options
    Genuinely misread title as Tits in The Sun Today 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Those were the days.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Some of the people on here!

Any excuse to start whinging at everything and anything.
    You keep deluding yourself that all is rosy in the Charlton garden and I'll keep speaking as I see fit.
    paulfox said:
    Some of the people on here!

Any excuse to start whinging at everything and anything.
    May I answer on behalf of said people,,,, 

why are we not allowed  to voice our concerns, if you lot are allowed to have such unwavering trust in him, you’re  just a f<%><ing happy clapper, if you knew what we know you wouldn’t be supporting him like he walks on water( but we’re not allowed to tell anyone out of said clique!)  think that sums it up. Hopefully stops two pages of slagging off people either way. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow by the way!!.  LLLBH!!!! COYRS.
    Who says everything in the gardens rosy or that I have unwavering trust? Not me! 

But I do feel there’s clear evidence that he’s trying to do the right thing, Sparrows Lane comes to mind but of course that don’t count, does it? He’s not a billionaire!

And as for voicing you’re concerns, don’t make me laugh, you’re all just looking for any opportunity to whine and whinge!
    Just to say I’m not one of said people, I agree with you mostly.
    I don't.
  • Options
    Some friendly advice

Under promise, over deliver 

Avoid doing interviews with S*n, a sensationalist rag that just wants a click bait headline. 

It's the past 15 years, not the past two decades, we've been badly run, we were doing fine in 2002.

Finally, under promise, over deliver 
    I like the cut of your jib, young Henners.
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    paulfox said:
    Hmmm, we went for a a guy who has Champions league experience and then went for lots of people at Swindon.
    I like Tommy but I wish he would say less sometimes.

I understand this view but it's been almost two years now - I personally take everything he says in these national media pieces with more than a pinch of salt.

He loves the spotlight, that's just who he is. I don't believe he's here to BS us. I tend to believe that he's simply an optimistic fella who lets his mouth run away with excitement sometimes.

I appreciate having someone at the top who is as excited about the football as we fans. As long as the club remains ambitious and I can watch them play every Saturday, I couldn't care less about "promises" of the Premier League in five years or European football in 10. They're lofty targets but they're not something to crucify the man over.

My health has benefitted hugely from not taking everything TS says at face value.
    My health hasn't been adversely affected by anything that TS has come out and said but it certainly hasn't been helped by the dross that has been served up on the pitch week in, week out.
    To be fair that dross you talk about was served up by a manager a lot of people wanted and still are in a strop he got what was coming,and a bunch of shit players with shit attitudes, some of those shit players are still here and people are happy for them to start this season. 
    How many of said players weren't signed or resigned since Thomas brought the club?

Gilbey, Washington, Morgan and??
    Not sure of the point being made, I’m assuming you think I’m talking bollox?  
    My point is we have signed, or resigned, over 30 players, not including any from our academy, before this transfer window.

The number of outright succes you can count on 2 hands. Maybe even 1.

Last season rest firmly on the ownership.  We were really well set at the end of 20/21.  Last summers recruitment set us back 18 months, minimum.

You can blame Adkins, Roddy or uncle Tom Cobbly if you want.  Adkins would have cut his right bollock off to have Lavelle, JFC and Gilbey available at the start of last season.  None of them will start and 2 of them might not even be on the bench tomorrow.
    I’m not saying TS is is blameless, I never actually have despite what people say, but in no way do the managers and team get a free pass on last season, they were appaling.
    Who signed the players, who appointed the managers and which manager would have done significantly better?

Above Fleetwood and below Bolton, who ever the manager was.  That's the fault of the owner, no ifs, no buts.  Yet he spent a fortune.  Go figure.

If lessons have been learnt, no harm done (except to his pocket) if he wants to waste it who am I to tell him not to.
  • Options
    Some friendly advice

Avoid doing interviews with S*n, a sensationalist rag that just wants a click bait headline. 

It's the past 15 years, not the past two decades, we've been badly run, we were doing fine in 2002.

Well thank you, Miss Fanny,
  • Options
    Some friendly advice

Why did I hear this in a Rhett Butler type voice ?  :-0
  • Options
    Some friendly advice

Why did I hear this in a Rhett Butler type voice ?  :-0
    Because I look like Clark Gable?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Treble our revenue" & "Fill the stadium"

Righto Tommy.
  • Options
    The stadium will never get filled while Charlton are playing in league one. 

There might be a higher than usual attendance if we are on a good run of form and winning games. That's it.

It is perhaps a possibility that he struggles to accept this reality.... because he doesn't actually like the club for what it truly is. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    Why are you so anti TS, and moan at everything he does?
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.
    And how is the club not being run properly? What parts are you referring too?

Do you mean other clubs being run properly like, Birmingham? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    So much BS in that article. I wonder if he actually believes the rubbish that he comes out with.
    So you believe everything that he says in that article then? I'd rather he said nothing.
    I'm not anti TS at all but just say it as I see it. I was grateful for him saving us from the thieving scumbags who preceded him but have been more than underwhelmed ever since. If you come in shouting your mouth off about where the club was going to be within 5 years then you have to at least make a start to deliver on those promises. I don't see any progress at all and my expectations for the coming season are as low as they have ever been.

Why should I not believe him and why do you not, what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

It’s not that I necessarily believe everything he says, I just understand as our owner he has to be seen to be saying the right things and show desire for success and in the main that’s what I think he’s genuinely trying to do.

I’ve said this before, perhaps his biggest fault, if it indeed it is a fault, he’s over optimistic but I’d rather that, than what we’ve had to put up with previously.

I'd like to believe what he says but he is optimism on steroids. That article was not having to be seen to say the right thing, it was bullshit.
    He needs to stop the PR offensive and start to run the club properly, like other clubs are run.
    The Belgian moron thought that he had a new way to be an owner. Thomas doesn't seem to different on that front. Both of them were/are wrong.

Who is our CEO?
    Who is our director of analytics?
    Who is our COO?
    What is the role of Raelynn Mooney?

Citing one badly run club doesn’t prove anything. 

I think TS has got a device that senses whatever I’m feeling good about his ownership and whenever it goes off he does something stupid or annoying. 
  • Options

Flip the question what part of the business is being run better (qualifying outputs) than it was 2 years ago?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Some friendly advice

Always listen to the museum curator with a fine taste in cardigans.

Very wise words from Henry - sadly Sandgaard is not listening.
  • Options
    Some friendly advice

Always listen to the museum curator with a fine taste in cardigans.

Very wise words from Henry - sadly Sandgaard is not listening.
    Who I shall henceforth refer to as Clark Cardigan.
  • Options
    As the Chinese say, “When the tide goes out you can see who has been swimming naked.”

By the end of October, roughly seventeen games in, we will know whether Sandgaard is swimming naked or not.

I very much suspect he is, I really hope he is not, only time will tell.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Without doing the Martin thing to death again, why does Thomas put so much pressure on him with his public comments?

Even if it's true why not say something like "we wanted to look at league 2 managers as well". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Without doing the Martin thing to death again, why does Thomas put so much pressure on him with his public comments?

Even if it's true why not say something like "we wanted to look at league 2 managers as well". 
    Presumably he's trying to demonstrate MS's usefulness to the fans.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

It’s a personality trait.

He can’t see that it could possibly go wrong and therefore put his son into trouble with restless fans.

He only sees a future where BG does the business and makes Martin look like a genius.
  • Options

Why would you even bother to say this? Charlton’s L1 revenue has consistently been about £7m, of which matchday is circa £4.5m IIRC. The mystery is not why no one else has trebled it, it’s how he cannot grasp the situation he is in. No harm in ambition but this just makes him look foolish to everyone in the game with half a brain. It is a ridiculous statement.
    Agreed, it's nonsense and makes him look a bit delusional.
  • Options
    I’ve just reread the article and I really don’t get the meltdown by some on here?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Who is our CEO?
    Who is our director of analytics?
    Who is our COO?
    What is the tile of Raelynn Mooney?

Citing one badly run club doesn’t prove anything. 

I think TS has got a device that senses whatever I’m feeling good about his ownership and whenever it goes off he dies something stupid or annoying. 
    Nor suggesting every other club apparently is!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Flip the question what part of the business is being run better (qualifying outputs) than it was 2 years ago?
    Well without access to the finances. 

What I’ve seen is compensation paid for Garner. Players being brought in. Improvements to Sparrows Lane. Additional partners signing up with the club. New electronic signage around the pitch side.

Admittedly the Cheerleaders haven’t signed yet but I’m confident they will.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Utter nonsense - "a household name who has not only won the Champions League but other European and domestic titles too".

Why on earth would whoever that is be interested in managing a league one team with no money to spend Even if he genuinely did approach whoever this guy is, when they stopped laughing they probably just gave him a polite 'thanks but no thanks'.

It's like me announcing i approached a Victoria's Secret model to be my girlfriend, she said she was interested but unfortunately the timing wasn't right.
    Unlucky pal, plenty more fish in the sea.
  • Options
    I find TS pretty hard to like. Just be seen and not heard ffs