Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-match Thread: Accrington v Charlton | July 30, 2022

Comments

• And I think we should all acknowledge that Clare is a defender who can play in midfield and not the other way round now. And he is a bloody good one too.
    Daft hair style thought. I wandered who he was at warm up.
  • I know people gave good acknowledgement to our keeper yesterday and he made a couple of great saves, but he gave us a few hairy moments by completely missing crosses.

He will certainly be giving us some hair raising stuff and dis agreement this season.
  • And I think we should all acknowledge that Clare is a defender who can play in midfield and not the other way round now. And he is a bloody good one too.
    Daft hair style thought. I wandered who he was at warm up.
    Dafter the better. 
  • A positive start with a newer team and play style
    that need to get used to each other.
    the result was fair and 1 point deserved.
    it’s early days with our new manager 
    we still need a serious striker as stockley is inconsistent and misses the target to often.

• A massive thank you to the 892 travelling Addicks who got behind the boys today Have a safe journey home and we'll see you back in SE7! #cafc

imageimageimage
  • Sponsored links:

• if the game had ended 1-1 everyone would have said it’s a good point … late goals happen it don’t change the performance of the last 95 mins .

• Quite a leap in the air for the goal from Leaburn. 

• No team will like going to Accrington or many other places in this league,it is tough,they swarm all over you and generally try to stop you playing by whatever means.There will be many games like this,It is an awkward game out of the way,and we got a point,not perfect but would have took it at the start.We will get better,maybe yesterday we could have used the subs a bit earlier as our midfield began to tire.Beat Derby and that is a decent start.
  • Just caught up with BG’s post match interview.  Comes across really well. Calm and measured.  
  • I get the impression from some people's comments on here that they're almost happy we conceded in the last seconds as it gives them the ammo to bitch about everything. It's the first game of the season FFS. New manager, players, system. Just give it a few more games before writing off the season at least.
    i dont think people are happy i just dont want to see my team ebb away in league 1 - i dont think its unreasonable to want a top 6 finish, ts has over estimated what needs doing. and it already smacks of last season where adkins was given match after match after match, lets see how we are come end of august. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Very impressive, friendly social club and bar.
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    Anyone on that (much) delayed Preston to Euston can bang in their refunds here- https://www.avantiwestcoast.co.uk/help-and-support/delay-repay

Finally got home at 2 but still wouldn't have missed the day! 
    Arrived home at 01.35, one of the worst train journeys in my life.
    TFL part of the journey fantastic, Victoria line to Green Park, Jubilee line to North Greenwich & 422 bus to Wickham Lane took about an hour.
  • vff said:
    I get the impression from some people's comments on here that they're almost happy we conceded in the last seconds as it gives them the ammo to bitch about everything. It's the first game of the season FFS. New manager, players, system. Just give it a few more games before writing off the season at least.
    The idea that any Charlton supporter is happy that after Miles Leaburn scores a 94 minute potential match winning goal debut goal & are happy that Accrington equalise a minute later - so that they can score a few points on Charlton Life is a very misguided  interpretation. No Charlton supporter would be happy about that
    I think you might be surprised.
  • Very impressive, friendly social club and bar.
    Does look nice. Though is that a child skulling a snakebite in the bottom picture?