Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Cambridge United | Saturday 20th August 2022

Thought i would start the match thread 

Off we go to another victory
 team news ..
Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Inniss, O’Connell, Clayden ; Morgan, Dobson, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Kirk
Substitutes: MacGillivray, Chin, Lavelle, Henry, Payne, Blackett-Taylor, Leaburn

Admin, can you sticky please..

Comments

• In my garden pottering and there’s obviously a Scottish wedding at the village church. Bagpipes singing out Mull of Kintyre  Valley Floyd Road. 👍 Good omen I hope.
  • Chin on the bench. Is that a surprise ? 
  • Lavelle unlucky in my view. Garner hinted that a couple were doubtful. Sessegnon and McGrandles obviously the players in question.  I’m surprised Rayksaki is starting as he looked buggered on Tuesday. Thought he’d be in the bench with CBT getting a start. Guess Rayksaki is building up fitness. Will probably get an hour. I also think Fraser is a tad lucky to get in over Payne but that’s another change we may see in game.
  • Chin on the bench. Is that a surprise ? 
    Just gotta take these surprises right on the....
    We have no other fullbacks
  • Strong first team - a shame one or two have knocks but a great opportunity for Henry and Chin to come in and shine if called upon. 
  • What Position does chin play in
  • No Sessegnon or McGrandles in the squad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    Chin on the bench. Is that a surprise ? 
    Just gotta take these surprises right on the....
    We have no other fullbacks
    It's a whoosh for you haha
  • No Sessegnon or McGrandles in the squad?
    Evidently not 
  • Strong first team - a shame one or two have knocks but a great opportunity for Henry and Chin to come in and shine if called upon. 
    Never heard of chin. 
  • Players out warming up

As usual, the keepers have been out for a while already.

It must be galling for MacKeeper having to watch WollaKeeper do the main drills whilst he's reduced to collecting the balls and knocking in crosses ... and even worse not seeing anything get past his rival. There were some bloody good saves by Wolla in that warm up.
  • Anyone else getting audio, but no video on Charlton TV livestream? 
  • edited August 2022
    Aidan looks a bit dapper in the studio, nice whistle..maybe Brownie could make an effort next time eh.. B)
    Nice to see Kevin Lisbie again in the studio, could be some good banter today..
  • Slightly surprised Ness isn't on the bench, more obvious full back cover than Chin
  • Lisbie doing the crossbeer!
  • edited August 2022
    Aidan looks a bit dapper in the studio, nice whistle..maybe Brownie could make an effort next time eh.. B)
    Nice to see Kevin Lisbie again in the studio, could be some good banter today..
    I'm sure I heard BC on the mic as I got to my seat saying that Lisbinho was doing the CrossBeer Challenge at HT.

Did I hear that right?!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2022
    Lisbie doing the crossbeer!
    Result if your teetotal then eh.. B)
    Result if your tea total then eh.. B)
    Brown already said he won’t reach it
  • Is Garner doing a Bowyer & making a statement re the subs ? 
  • Ness a more natural CB whereas Chin can play RB & LB?
    Paying my first visit to the fan's bar, I was slightly cross with the beer selection!
  • Here at the Valley for my first appearance in quite a long time. Really looking forward to seeing Garnerball in operation and feeling confident after Tuesday's performance. 

Gosh I hope I haven't jinxed it!
  • Slightly surprised Ness isn't on the bench, more obvious full back cover than Chin

Don't think so. Chin is incredible.
  • Here at the Valley for my first appearance in quite a long time. Really looking forward to seeing Garnerball in operation and feeling confident after Tuesday's performance. 

Gosh I hope I haven't jinxed it!

• Jac_52 said:
    Slightly surprised Ness isn't on the bench, more obvious full back cover than Chin

Don't think so. Chin is incredible.
     Ness regularly played at right back in preseason though, suggesting he's next in line 
  • edited August 2022
    Jason Pearce on the commentary today, different, be interested in his take on the game from the gantry..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!