Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Cambridge United | Saturday 20th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Pearce eventually arrives in the commentary box with a note from his mum why he's late on parade!!
  • Options
    Can I live stream this game? Having problems finding it even with a VPN.
  • Options
    Great effort from Morgan from the free kick
  • Options
    Ooof Mitov makes a save from Albie Morgermant's effort
  • Options
    Pre kick off title odds. 

Ipswich 11/4

Sheff Wed 9/2

Derby 6/1

Peterborough 7/1

Portsmouth 9/1

Bolton 10/1

Barnsley 19/1

Oxford Utd 20/1

Charlton 20/1

Wycombe 22/1

MK Dons 22/1

• Options
    Wow... Poor from the lino - Completely misses the ball going out for a corner, we get a throw instead
  • Options
    Stockley having a go at JRS for taking a touch too many, thing is he was surrounded by Cambridge defenders, they clearly rate him as a threat..
  • Options
    Appreciate the commentary as have no Vis or Audio today.
  • Options
    Am sure it was positive encouragement. Stockley doesn't moan on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Oh Albie!! - Great bit of play from a Defender to send Kirk away who holds the ball up

Lays it off to Morgan who bursts into the area, goes to turn a defender and slips over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    JRS tried to get that cross in much earlier but completely overhit
  • Options
    Where was Dobson or Fraser for that attack? 
  • Options
    Stockley having a go at JRS for taking a touch too many, thing is he was surrounded by Cambridge defenders, they clearly rate him as a threat..
    That's a bit rich considering a left-wing-to-right-wing move fell flat a few minutes earlier because Stockers took so many touches that Kirk had to keep checking his run to avoid being offside and was then off-balance when he finally received the ball.

Stockley moaned about that too.

Not his fault, obviously ...
  • Options
    Very neat break from Cambridge, long ball sent for their attacker to chase.

Ball played back to the edge of the area, with a shot going to the right of the goal.

Got to be careful of them this afternoon, they're a threat when they get the ball
  • Options
    Kirk and Fraser waving at eachother in frustration after another wasted attack
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Shot over the bar from Fraser, just outside the area.

Presume Clare is okay, who got left on the floor after challenging for a header moments beforehand.
  • Options
    We’re not quite on song today like we were on Tuesday. Just got to keep up the support and it’ll click after a couple of slick passing moves.
  • Options
    Wish they'd stop zooming in on our players when we're attacking
  • Options
    Good first 15 from us, midfield is sorted, Cambridge playing very much a defensive and on the counter game, could be dangerous, but nothing so far, we need to get the opener soon, which i feel will be done...think you would describe it as comfortable so far..
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    What’s the atmosphere like? Any groans or all positive so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Reality check time....almost 20 on the clock pretty dour stuff...they are lively and had the better chances...corner to us comes to nothing.
  • Options
    Wish they'd stop zooming in on our players when we're attacking
    I wish the Cambridge defenders would stop zooming in our forwards when we're attacking.

Damned unsporting.
  • Options
    Always hard to get going after such a big win. We did not turn to world beaters following a midweek night.
  • Options
    Where are people watching this? I can’t get anything to work today
  • Options
    Good first 15 from us, midfield is sorted, Cambridge playing very much a defensive and on the counter game, could be dangerous, but nothing so far, we need to get the opener soon, which i feel will be done...think you would describe it as comfortable so far..
    Reality check time....almost 20 on the clock pretty dour stuff...they are lively and had the better chances...corner to us comes to nothing.
    What I love about football, it"s all subjective!
  • Options
    22m free kick to us 30 yards put at an angle to the right....poor no height easily cleared 
  • Options
    JRS def causing them concern and doubling up on him which should open up space for others to exploit, 
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:
    IPTV
  • Options
    Jdredsox said:
    The Valley.

😃
  • Options
    Sounds like our set pieces aren't leading to anything. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!