Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - June 2023: 1 year contract extension confirmed (p11)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Chunes said:
    Is it just me or is that not exactly a ringing endorsement from BG
    It's positive, not glowing but it doesn't have to be for a 4th choice centre-back.

I particularly noted the part where Garner mentions that it gives us more defensive flexibility. Perhaps he has an eye on playing three at the back?
    Well you may have hit the nail on the head... Perhaps BG would have preferred to have signed a defender who improved us rather than a 4th choice.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    Spot on but can he play across the back 3 or 4?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Is it just me or is that not exactly a ringing endorsement from BG
    It's positive, not glowing but it doesn't have to be for a 4th choice centre-back.

I particularly noted the part where Garner mentions that it gives us more defensive flexibility. Perhaps he has an eye on playing three at the back?
    Well you may have hit the nail on the head... Perhaps BG would have preferred to have signed a defender who improved us rather than a 4th choice.
    Don't disagree there. I do think someone who could be first choice alongside O'Connell would've been preferred - and maybe that can be revisited in January if there's any money to spend.

When that first choice didn't materialise, TT is probably the best we could've hoped for in terms of free agents to get us through to at least the next window.

Perhaps TT surprises us all and becomes that player.
  • Options
    Elerewe not ready it seems to be ready for League one with this one year contract given to Thomas 
  • Options
    Outstanding signing.

I'm sure we will all soon be wondering why Crewe terminated his contract last season.

Won't we?
    Last club was Reading.
  • Options
    Is the fact he has been training with us for 3 weeks, and there was not even a hint of us getting that rumoured CB on deadline day mean that we actually rate him and this was essentially  always the plan?

Or is that very wishful thinking. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    Getting confused with Leslie Phillips 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Outstanding signing.

I'm sure we will all soon be wondering why Crewe terminated his contract last season.

Won't we?
    Couldn't settle up north?
    Or in Reading.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Outstanding signing.

Won't we?
    Last club was Reading.
    Signed in March, played 2 games then released at the end of the season.

In fairness, presumably only released because they knew they were going to sign Sarr.

Didn't they?
  • Options
    Thought it might be until January. The fact it's until the end of the season suggests he was always going to be the centre back signing rather than a stop gap or loan signing on deadline day
    Or just that it makes sense to get him nailed down for the year. Any loanee would likely to have been a season long loan too. And the chances of Sandgaard finding a ton of money down the back of the sofa between now and January is pretty unlikely. 
  • Options
    Is the fact he has been training with us for 3 weeks, and there was not even a hint of us getting that rumoured CB on deadline day mean that we actually rate him and this was essentially  always the plan?

Very wishful thinking.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    Getting confused with Leslie Phillips 

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Outstanding signing.

Won't we?
    Last club was Reading.
    Signed in March, played 2 games then released at the end of the season.

In fairness, presumably only released because they knew they were going to sign Sarr.

Didn't they?
    Just helping with the facts 😇
  • Options

I think that's possible, but given how transfers were done this summer, I don't know that we can rely on the fact that there weren't rumors about a CB on deadline day meaning we weren't after one. It could just mean nothing leaked. 

But who knows? I think either way it's a signing that makes sense, especially now. Hopefully he's at least close to fitness. We are short on CBs. 
  • Options
    Training / on trial for the last 3 weeks makes me feel more positive about this. BG is choosing him over relying on the youngsters. 

if it had been announced on deadline day it would have been accepted I suspect. 

We aren’t spending big on fees / signing on fees etc it seems so who else was really under consideration / we failed to land?
  • Options
    All to prove. We'll soon find out. Welcome. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Welcome Mr T.
    Be a winner.
  • Options
    Good to know Martin has evaluated this player.

• Options
    Can he play centre forward?  :D
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    I hope the massive gap between his teeth isn't symbolic of the massive gap between our centre backs this season...
  • Options
    The negatives seem to be around his effort rather than ability, hopefully returning here he feels he has something to prove, imagine if he didn’t bother knowing he’s already been released by the club once, hoping he feels he’s got a reputation to save…
  • Options
    Well it’s only highlights of course and probably does not show the time he trips over his feet or passes to an opposition player. But he obviously moves well, has a bit of pace and looks quiet technically assured.

Lets hope we can CBT him. 
  • Options
    I saw him play for Woking a few times after he left us. Decent player but didn't particularly impress at that level, although he was still very young. I guess his league experience puts him ahead of Ness in terms of strenghtening the squad in the Centre Back position and I'm ok with Deji staying out on loan, where he is much more likely to get senior minutes.