Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - June 2023: 1 year contract extension confirmed (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Was rated throughout our academy set up and also is comfortable at playing out from what I remember. 

Hopefully he settles, and kicks on his career with us. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    Getting confused with Leslie Phillips 
    When's he signing?
  • Options
    The negatives seem to be around his effort rather than ability, hopefully returning here he feels he has something to prove, imagine if he didn’t bother knowing he’s already been released by the club once, hoping he feels he’s got a reputation to save…
    Well, we brought Clare back and he's done OK.

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Danny Haynes
  • Options
    The negatives seem to be around his effort rather than ability, hopefully returning here he feels he has something to prove, imagine if he didn’t bother knowing he’s already been released by the club once, hoping he feels he’s got a reputation to save…

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Harry Arter  ;)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I saw him play for Woking a few times after he left us. Decent player but didn't particularly impress at that level, although he was still very young. I guess his league experience puts him ahead of Ness in terms of strenghtening the squad in the Centre Back position and I'm ok with Deji staying out on loan, where he is much more likely to get senior minutes.
    Think he was on loan at Woking. His choice to leave Charlton for Wigan IIRC.
  • Options
    Already becomes the most popular Thomas at the club, welcome Terell.
    Harsh on Tom Rubashow. Maybe!
  • Options
    My whelm is not remotely disturbed from its slumber at this piece of news. There is nothing like a show of ambitious intent. And this is nothing like……….

Good luck Terrell. At least you are another body in the building. 
  • Options

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Harry Arter  ;)
    Ok, I take it back.

Resigning old youth players is a bad idea 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he takes his chance with us like CBT did and hopefully he's better than the last defender we got that did well at Wimbledon.
  • Options
    Is the fact he has been training with us for 3 weeks, and there was not even a hint of us getting that rumoured CB on deadline day mean that we actually rate him and this was essentially  always the plan?

Or is that very wishful thinking. 
    Clutching at straws.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Is it just me or is that not exactly a ringing endorsement from BG
    It's positive, not glowing but it doesn't have to be for a 4th choice centre-back.

I particularly noted the part where Garner mentions that it gives us more defensive flexibility. Perhaps he has an eye on playing three at the back?
    Well you may have hit the nail on the head... Perhaps BG would have preferred to have signed a defender who improved us rather than a 4th choice.
    Don't disagree there. I do think someone who could be first choice alongside O'Connell would've been preferred - and maybe that can be revisited in January if there's any money to spend.

When that first choice didn't materialise, TT is probably the best we could've hoped for in terms of free agents to get us through to at least the next window.

Perhaps TT surprises us all and becomes that player.
    Think the 'if theres money to spend' is stretching it a bit. 
  • Options
    Good clip reel. I always fall for those, but he does seem to have something about him. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    I like this news here’s why. 
    Few years ago now, I played football with Terell's older brother who was one of the most athletic Goalkeepers I have played with. Also played in a pre season friendly competition which their dad played CB for a couple games was a great player despite the age difference.
    Sadly, with work commitments and moving etc we both left the team and I didn’t really see his brother anymore and but caught him on the train a while ago and whilst chatting up we spoke about Terell & how he was getting on at Crewe.
    See this news on the way home and was pleasantly surprised. They are lovely family and would be terrific to see him do well in a Charlton shirt, even if he has come in just for cover, I am rooting for this one a little more then most signings. 
    Good luck Terell! 
    He'll get plenty of game time. Innis is made of glass, while Lavelle is pretty average
  • Options

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Harry Arter  ;)
    Killer?
    Flanagan?
    Blimey I am going back to another life now
  • Options
    Thought he was so poor for Crewe last season at the Valley. Wish him luck.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    KettsJohn said:

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Harry Arter  ;)
    Killer?
    Flanagan?
    Blimey I am going back to another life now
    Flying winger Mike Kenning?

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Sign a manager who likes to play attacking football.and then sign.......

4 defenders
    A goalkeeper 
    A defensive midfielder
    2 attacking midfielders.

And not a striker in sight. Must be because the existing 3 we have are all fit goal machines.

Oh wait.....
    Jesus Christ mate..give it a fucking rest!  Every thread I open up you're moaning ...we get it  you're not happy...but fucking hell you just keep making the same point over and over again...haven't you got anything else to do? 
    Yes we need another striker, but you're like a stuck record...repeat, repeat oh and repeat!!
    But apart from that he’s dandy!
  • Options
    I hope he does well and certainly won’t judge without seeing him play.

From some of the comments you’d think they were expecting us to pick up a 23 year old Franco Baresi
  • Options
    It’s another body at least.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Good clip reel. I always fall for those, but he does seem to have something about him. 

Same. He appears to be remarkably good at dribbling for a centre back.

I particularly enjoyed the "passing" segment of the Wimbledon highlight video which consisted of one incredible crossfield ball followed by a load of hoofs up the pitch.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    MrOneLung said:

Ding Dong
    Getting confused with Leslie Phillips 
    'Absolute shower' was TTs 
  • Options
    Outstanding signing.

I'm sure we will all soon be wondering why Crewe terminated his contract last season.

Won't we?
    Couldn't settle up north?
    Or in Reading.
    Reading is north(ish)...😉
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Is it just me or is that not exactly a ringing endorsement from BG
    It's positive, not glowing but it doesn't have to be for a 4th choice centre-back.

I particularly noted the part where Garner mentions that it gives us more defensive flexibility. Perhaps he has an eye on playing three at the back?
    We are carrying 4 wingers - 5 if you include Claydon so I really can’t see it