Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - June 2023: 1 year contract extension confirmed (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    I like this news here’s why. 
    Few years ago now, I played football with Terell's older brother who was one of the most athletic Goalkeepers I have played with. Also played in a pre season friendly competition which their dad played CB for a couple games was a great player despite the age difference.
    Sadly, with work commitments and moving etc we both left the team and I didn’t really see his brother anymore and but caught him on the train a while ago and whilst chatting up we spoke about Terell & how he was getting on at Crewe.
    See this news on the way home and was pleasantly surprised. They are lovely family and would be terrific to see him do well in a Charlton shirt, even if he has come in just for cover, I am rooting for this one a little more then most signings. 
    Good luck Terell! 
    Has martin signed the dad ?
  • Options
    KettsJohn said:
    The negatives seem to be around his effort rather than ability, hopefully returning here he feels he has something to prove, imagine if he didn’t bother knowing he’s already been released by the club once, hoping he feels he’s got a reputation to save…
    Well, we brought Clare back and he's done OK.

Lawrie Wilson too.

Not counting Danny Green 
    And Harry Arter  ;)
    Killer?
    Flanagan?
    Blimey I am going back to another life now
    Neither were youth players for us ?
  • Options
    Charltons Transfers : Legends of the Whelmed. 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that this will prove to be a very good signing.

Good luck Terell.

• Options
    Coincidentally, more confirmation that our magic black box only surfaces former Charlton and Swindon players. Wait until Martin unleashes the 2.0 update.

Welcome back Terell. I reckon you’ll be a good addition and hope you’ll take your chance.
  • Options
    As I don't wish to be sworn at by Redmidland I had better not comment on this acquisition 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    I like this news here’s why. 
    Few years ago now, I played football with Terell's older brother who was one of the most athletic Goalkeepers I have played with. Also played in a pre season friendly competition which their dad played CB for a couple games was a great player despite the age difference.
    Sadly, with work commitments and moving etc we both left the team and I didn’t really see his brother anymore and but caught him on the train a while ago and whilst chatting up we spoke about Terell & how he was getting on at Crewe.
    See this news on the way home and was pleasantly surprised. They are lovely family and would be terrific to see him do well in a Charlton shirt, even if he has come in just for cover, I am rooting for this one a little more then most signings. 
    Good luck Terell! 
    He'll get plenty of game time. Innis is made of glass, while Lavelle is pretty average
    Agree, Lavelle is very very average.
  • Options
    I have no real idea about anything Terell, but wish the player well and hope this becomes a strong platform from which he establishes himself.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive heard he's an absolute shower.
  • Options
    Noticed from the various highlights videos that he appears to be quite comfortable using either foot. Wish more pros worked on improving their weaker side.

• Options
    I think he's a good player. Happy withnthe signing. My one concern is not with him but the make up of thr 4 cb's we have. Slightly worried about not having a left footer in there. I've always said it's important for balance (SCP and Curbs have often said so). Even more so if we do use a back 3.
  • Options
    I think he's a good player. Happy withnthe signing. My one concern is not with him but the make up of thr 4 cb's we have. Slightly worried about not having a left footer in there. I've always said it's important for balance (SCP and Curbs have often said so). Even more so if we do use a back 3.
    ....especially after acknowledging mistakes were made last season in the transfer market!
  • Options
    Looks good in the clips. Hope does well here.
  • Options
    A sensible and fairly obvious signing in the circumstances, rather than someone who stands out as a player to take us to the next level.

That we didn't seem to be chasing defenders on deadline day suggested this was likely to happen
    It says he'd been training with us for three weeks so very likely indeed.
  • Options
    Outstanding signing.

I'm sure we will all soon be wondering why Crewe terminated his contract last season.

Won't we?
    Couldn't settle up north?
    Or in Reading.
    Understandable.  Have you been there?
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Needs must when the devil bites yer arse...we are digging into the freebies here now ain't we, let's just see how his comeback goes eh, sound half decent, and Ben must rate him..wish him all the best on his return home.. B)
  • Options
    I wish him the best of luck on his return and hope he's versatile as he might be needed as a makeshift centre forward. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2022
    bit of a no brainer signing to be fair - will stick my neck out and say that once in the team he'll probably stay there and turn out to be one of our better CB's and play alot more than expected
    I wouldn’t be shocked if this happens. He clearly has a lot of the technical attributes Ben Garner looks for in a player. It all depends on what we can get out of him - recent history would dictate that he is likely a player on the slide - but as we know football is never as black and white as that. 
  • Options
    Welcome back, TT. Go cement a spot in the starting XI
  • Options
    Is he much a of a ball-player? The style of play BG wants doesn't really suit Inniss or Lavelle but it does suit O'Connell. Would be handy if TT was more of a ball playing CB than the other two.
  • Options
    Is he much a of a ball-player? The style of play BG wants doesn't really suit Inniss or Lavelle but it does suit O'Connell. Would be handy if TT was more of a ball playing CB than the other two.
    He certainly was when he played at youth level and I believe we were disappointed when he left.
  • Options
    Not a bad signing really. The moves since leaving Wimbledon not working out can probably be put down to off field happenings. Hopefully we get the Thomas from Wimbledon and see him push on, probably more a CBT signing than anything.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him and O'Connell become the CB pairing of choice.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    He certainly was when he played at youth level and I believe we were disappointed when he left.
    ....that he took the balls with him!?
  • Options
    We need it to work out for him so I hope he smashes it. Seems unlikely to me that he’s going to be near first choice.
  • Options
    Have we ever had anyone with the name Mondasia before ? Doubt it.