Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terell Thomas - June 2023: 1 year contract extension confirmed (p11)

Comments

• Options
    Is he much a of a ball-player? The style of play BG wants doesn't really suit Inniss or Lavelle but it does suit O'Connell. Would be handy if TT was more of a ball playing CB than the other two.
    Looks more of a ball player than Lavelle and Inniss going off that first YouTube video I posted, but of course that’s highlighting his best moments.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    You could probably make a clip of Famewo not launching the ball into touch for 30 seconds. Okay, maybe 10.
  • Options
    I'm happy to see him back and hopefully he will be a success. IMO better than a loan.
  • Options
    How exciting! Sorry Terrell
  • Options
    I recall from his yoof days with us that he was a decent player. I have a sneaky feeling he will do well. (I just hope he still walks like Jar Jar Binks.)
  • Options
    Hooray!

This makes up for the deadline day disaster .

Now, who is the striker who scores goals has been training with us for three weeks?
    Stockley, I hope!
  • Options
    Have we ever had anyone with the name Mondasia before ? Doubt it.
    Just looked it up and the closest I could get is this :-

Mondasians: also called Mondans or, especially among themselves, simply humans that were the natives of the planet Mondas who eventually created the technology that gave rise to the subspecies known as Cybermen.

Should add a bit of grit to the defence.
  • Options

Mondasians: also called Mondans or, especially among themselves, simply humans that were the natives of the planet Mondas who eventually created the technology that gave rise to the subspecies known as Cybermen.

You definitely have too much time on your hands. 
  • Options
    good, he's been around a few clubs, only really settled at the Wombles .. he's a big no nonsense defender, just what we need .. welcome back Terell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    have a memory of this game .. Charlton Athletic 2-0 AFC Wimbledon - BBC Sport .. as I recall, Thomas had a good game defensively and carried the ball out of defence pretty well .. can't recall how he was pace wise, BUT we have a big hole to fill at left back, IF he is suitable, Mr Garner, put him straight in
  • Options
    Garner: "Terell also provides us with greater versatility in terms of our defensive structure."
    Is that the first glimpse of BG conceding there's another way/shape to defend?
    Or are my rose tinted specs especially rosy today?

• Options

We just need to bring back Dalek Stephens to play alongside him
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Garner: "Terell also provides us with greater versatility in terms of our defensive structure."

Maybe we could be looking at a 3-4-3, to try sure up the defence and also get the wide forwards closer into Stockley?

Wollacott
         Thomas-Innis-O'Connell
    Clare-McGrandles-Fraser-Sessegnon
             JRS-Stockley-Kirk
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Maybe we could be looking at a 3-4-3, to try sure up the defence and also get the wide forwards closer into Stockley?

Wollacott
         Thomas-Innis-O'Connell
             JRS-Stockley-Kirk
    What’s Dobbo done to offend you?
    Ha ha, I knew leaving him out might promote some discussion.

He’s done nothing to offend me at all, but I think long term, if Garner really manages to implement his style then he will potentially lose his place to McGrandles (who as I’ve mentioned before I think Garner really rates).

I know for some reason that will be a controversial opinion among Charlton fans because of how good he has been for us. But that does not necessarily mean he will be under Garner moving forwards. 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:

Wollacott
         Thomas-Innis-O'Connell
             JRS-Stockley-Kirk
    What’s Dobbo done to offend you?
    Chocolate mousse is very nice but to pour it on a person is demented!

• Options
    Is he much a of a ball-player? The style of play BG wants doesn't really suit Inniss or Lavelle but it does suit O'Connell. Would be handy if TT was more of a ball playing CB than the other two.
    Looks like one in the clips. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022

😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Check this clip of him against Almight....Charlton (us) from 0.38 secs. Look how crap our defending is, esp with Famewo having no clue what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDzVpXgksNg
  • Options
    welcome Terrell - shame you're not a centre forward but not your fault - good luck 
  • Options
    Good luck to him.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Check this clip of him against Almight....Charlton (us) from 0.38 secs. Look how crap our defending is, esp with Famewo having no clue what to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDzVpXgksNg
    He's not hopelessly one footed, unlike so many
  • Options
    Ever the optimist I know, but have a feeling he’ll do well when he gets his chance. He probably needs a match or two with the U21s first though. 
  • Options
    Problem is we have filled our CB spots with 3 second choice CBs in my view, for different reasons. 
  • Options
    Think he’ll be no worse than our other centre backs.

Good luck Terell…the opportunity is very much there for you to claim a first team spot.
  • Options
    I remember running from our car , parked a few minutes from the ground, to Brentford's old stadium to watch a match against the Bees one evening.

It was either a Reserve Cup match or an U18 - sadly my memory fails me as it was  several years ago. But it wasn't just a run of the mill game.

We'd had a nightmare journey  across London from Dartford and barely made the start but as we were rushing through the turnstiles, we were hotly pursued by Terrell and, I believe, his Dad, on the same mission. 

We grinned at one another as if to say " Made it- just ! "

Lovely young man & thinking how pertinent it would be if he secured a regular place in our team. 
    Under 18 national cup final, We won 1-0. Konsa mom.
  • Options
    Thanks, bolloxbolder.