Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Forest Green Rovers | Tuesday 13 September 2022 7:45PM

Comments

• Options
    Very frustrating display because Forest Green were poor and there for the taking but CBT and R-S lack composure and blew their chances. Mind you, our play was very sloppy at times and they could easily have nicked another goal or two. Special thumbs up for Richard Chin who was excellent. Valley Gold members should be well chuffed with his skilful performance.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Our biggest problem aside from playing the first 55 minutes literally with 10 men, that is 
    Our biggest problem was our goalie let the ball through his hands for a goal for the second game running. Our second biggest problem was not scoring more than one goal when we were ahead. Our third problem was Mc Standstill
    If you kept the list going for a while longer you might get to the left back eventually. 
  • Options
    ADDDDDDDIIIIIICCCCKKKKS TO VIC...T...OR,  BOLLOCKS!
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Was that game worth £32? 
    I'm not sure it was worth a tenner.
  • Options
    We're a crock of shit, and dare I say we looked worse at times over the last 3 games than we did last season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the plus side, good to see so many friendly names in the Valley Gold winners email, be great for Corey Gibbs to get back down the Valley in a box
  • Options
    Lots of passing back and forth in their half with very few ideas on how to get through. When FGR played in 3s on their right wing or even long passes into their winger our defence could not stop them. Lucky goal for them but we didn't have many obvious chances, so a draw is about right which is "shit", to use the vernacular.
  • Options
    I would pull CBT out of training with the other players and have somebody work on his shooting as if he had an ounce of composure he would be Championship. Two ounces, top end Championship. But he has less than that. Surely it is something you can work on.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Crying out for a top striker. A Clive Mendonca  type who leads from the front and sticks away a chance.
    Thomas has effectively chucked away this season.
    top strikers in any League cost lots .. Sandy talks a good fight but he's just not prepared to put the money (if he has any) where his mouth is .. Mendonca is a classic case of what a top striker can do for a club .. without him we'd'a never got into the Prem ever
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At least we have no expectations now. It is kind of becalming. Bit like supporting a Shrewsbury, Rochdale or Mansfield.

Meet mates, have a few beers, chew the cud about life, watch a decent Prem game, shrug your shoulders because you know it will be ordinary at the game, few more beers, takeaway on the way home, watch Match of the Day. Happy days. Low expectations are the key to supporting Charlton and having a good day. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Crying out for a top striker. A Clive Mendonca  type who leads from the front and sticks away a chance.
    Thomas has effectively chucked away this season.
    Cool, we’ll just sign one of those historically brilliant strikers then. Job done! 
  • Options
    Dominated without threatening. Final ball poor again. Keeper flapping again.

Its frustrating as hell as every now and again it clicks and we see a nice move. There is a team there and I am not despondent yet, but we have absolutely got to be better with the decisions we make in the final 3rd.

Garner saying we need to be more ruthless and its tough to disagree with that.
    Spot on this post.
  • Options
    Conor McGrandles this season whipping boy?? FFS give him a chance.
    I’m normally up for defending the scape goat, but after that performance I am unable to tonight. 
  • Options
    Who moves first ,Sandgaard or Garner?

Already drawing too many games which no team can afford to do.

Feeling the next few days something could hit the fan and afew home truths being told.
    I think it already has.