Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Thread: Lincoln City vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 8th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Exeter game is big, a good performance and a win might just kick start our season. A loss however or even a draw will send us closer to the R zone.

The team needs some consistency do not make lots of changes to starting 11 Garner.
  • Options
    Positives
     - Clean Sheet, has been much needed for the Defence
     - We look more balanced with two proper Full-Backs in Egbo and Sessegnon
     - Leaburn continues to perform well @ this level, Stockley played a lot better today
     - 4-4-2 actually looked our best formation so far this season
     - We actually put in a performance longer than 45mins

Negatives
     - We still cant find the back of the net for toffee
     - Our wingers have their own huge fragilities, none of them command a starting spot
     - Our subs were what killed any chances of us winning

Neutral
     - Referee got far too involved in the game, second half was so stop start!!

We're 18th in league one mate with 2 wins in 12, a piss poor squad beyond Dobson and Leaburn who will be off if they have ambitions beyond third division mediocrity and 1 shot on target in 90 mins led by manager who seemingly can't win games hence our perilous position.

And all orchestrated by an ego driven single minded owner who has managed to further erode our clubs prospects in a way that seemed nigh impossible when he took over.

There are no positives mate.

I like Dobson but he aint beyond criticism. Sure he gets about and puts a tackle in but his passing has been woeful more often than not. 

Also FA done the game, not the season which yes, has so far been pretty poor.  
  • Options
    "If you take out the incidents in that game, it's a bang average game."

--Steve Brown

If you take out the goals, that Manchester Derby was meh. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For those who really love xG, because I know there are many fans out there.

Lincoln 0.35 - 0.18 Charlton

Struggle to find a game with less chances in it than that.
  • Options
    Buzzing with a point against the Lincolnians. Keep it up lads. Man Player of the match. Big Corey.
  • Options
    Tbf to Garner, it's the same team and formation I would have picked if I was in his shoes.

Not enough quality in the midfield and attacking parts of the game. Not creating enough chances. Not taking the minimal chances we were creating. The team has zero belief right now and are too afraid of making a mistake when things are tight.

You can point at poor refereeing decisions, but the football just isn't good enough. Today was the perfect opportunity to beat a bang average L1 side. Sadly, we're the same. Nothing changes until there is some investment in the squad. Garner isn't entirely blameless, but the players are underperforming or simply not good enough.

I can't see where the points are coming from at the moment. Every game is so scrappy and low quality.
  • Options
    Buzzing with a point against the Lincolnians. Keep it up lads. Man Player of the match. Big Corey.
    Buzzing from Summit else i suspect ORH?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clean sheet Ok
    but cannot score goals without a proper striker.
    2 points off drop zone.
    Utter shite as always.
    TS  your a f—king disgrace 👎👎👎👎
  • Options
    Over a quarter of the way through the season now, this isn’t just a bad early run. We absolutely have to find a way to beat Exeter on Tuesday as we have a tough couple of matches later in October. 
  • Options
    Positives
     - Clean Sheet, has been much needed for the Defence
     - We look more balanced with two proper Full-Backs in Egbo and Sessegnon
     - Leaburn continues to perform well @ this level, Stockley played a lot better today
     - 4-4-2 actually looked our best formation so far this season
     - We actually put in a performance longer than 45mins

Negatives
     - We still cant find the back of the net for toffee
     - Our wingers have their own huge fragilities, none of them command a starting spot
     - Our subs were what killed any chances of us winning

Neutral
     - Referee got far too involved in the game, second half was so stop start!!

We're 18th in league one mate with 2 wins in 12, a piss poor squad beyond Dobson and Leaburn who will be off if they have ambitions beyond third division mediocrity and 1 shot on target in 90 mins led by manager who seemingly can't win games hence our perilous position.

And all orchestrated by an ego driven single minded owner who has managed to further erode our clubs prospects in a way that seemed nigh impossible when he took over.

There are no positives mate.
    No positives? We're still competing on all fronts aren't we, into October. That's quite a rarity. The women's team doing ok. That concludes the case for the defence, which btw didn't concede today 😎
  • Options
    I didn't watch today (hoorah) but confused why Morgan, MOTM on Tuesday didn't come off the bench, but McGrandles and Payne did.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    LoOkOuT said:
    Two poor sides faced off in a spectacle of mid-third-tier-football this afternoon, which produced nothing of real note besides a phantom Miles Leaburn goal that was adjudged not to have crossed the line. But who knows, because the referee got clattered  just over the halfway line and had to go off? The linesman was within distance, but he couldn’t be sure based on the angle. Hey-ho. A new referee came on and tried to pick up the pieces.

Absolutely nothing else of note happened. Like two grand master chess champions on ketamine, the two possession-hungry sides cancelled each out. Ben Garner failed to engineer a way through again, taking off Dobson for MacGrandles, and Sessignon for Clare, with ten minutes to go, then taking off Kirk for CBT a little after, and giving two and a half minutes to lil’ Payne to try and force a breakthrough. We picked up a point, but it really wasn’t enough. Lincoln were there for the taking, had we tested their error-prone keeper more we may have come away with all three points.

The last fifteen minutes were hapless for both sides. 

At least we kept a clean sheet.

Lincoln 0 Charlton 0

Over to you.
    WTF is going on tonight with the Post Match Thread (Dont think I havent seen it) - Clearly zero communication between any of you Mods - Are you looking to emulate the Charlton First Team, because if you are, you're doing a great job!!
    Can’t get the staff these days par for the course 😉.
    Clearly not... Aliwibble doing a great job as usual - Only to get needless interference from Senior Staff

Sounds familiar!! ;) 
    Nah, I just stole @Lookout's thunder cos I wasn't sure if the delay in opening the thread was because he was having connection issues again, given it's hurricane season at the mo. Worth the wait for the "Like two grand master chess champions on ketamine" line though in my opinion.