Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    I think we have better players than him personally 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/uefa-mens-euro-2024

Gary Lineker, Gabby Logan, Mark Chapman and Alex Scott lead comprehensive coverage across TV and radio, and will be joined by a host of England, Scotland and European stars including the likes of Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard, Cesc Fabregas, Micah Richards, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Williams, Ellen White, Rachel Corsie and James McFadden.

Several exciting names from the world of football make their Men’s Euros BBC punditry debut including Wayne Rooney, Joe Hart, Thomas Frank and David Moyes.

Danny Murphy, Martin Keown and Jermaine Jenas will be up on the gantry providing expert analysis as co-commentators.”

Kelly Cates and Steve Crossman will join Mark Chapman in fronting 5 Live’s wall-to-wall daily programmes, with coverage of all 51 Euros matches. BBC Football correspondent John Murray leads the radio commentary team.”

• Options
    edited May 23
    https://www.itv.com/football/articles/itvs-live-euro-plans-revealed

“Led by main presenter Mark Pougatch along with Laura Woods, ITV’s star-studded Euros squad will offer a wealth of insight, expertise and opinion from a punditry line-up of Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Karen Carney, Graeme Souness, Eni Aluko, Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou, Sheffield Wednesday manager Danny Röhl and refereeing analyst Christina Unkel.

Commentary will come from Sam Matterface, Clive Tyldesley, Seb Hutchinson, Pien Meulensteen and Joe Speight, supported by co-commentators Lee Dixon, Ally McCoist, and Andros Townsend, with Gabriel Clarke reporting from the England camp, Connie McLaughlin with the Scotland squad, and Celina Hinchcliffe rounding up the news from the tournament.”

• Options
    edited May 23
    “Moving into the knockout rounds, ITV will have the first three picks, plus the fifth and seventh picks from the Round of 16 ties, the second and fourth Quarter-final picks and first pick of the Semi-finals. Both ITV and the BBC will show the Final. All ITV games will be shown on ITV1, ITVX, STV and STV Player.”

So if England get through the group and knockouts we’ll get round of 16 on ITV, quarter final on BBC and semi final on ITV.
  • Options
    Germany squad:

GK - Baumann (Hoffenheim), Neuer (Bayern Munich), Nubel (Stuttgart), ter Stegen (Barcelona)

DF - Anton (Stuttgart), Henrichs (Leipzig), Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Koch (Frankfurt), Mittelstadt (Stuttgart), Raum (Leipzig), Rudiger (Real Madrid), Schlotterbeck (Dortmund), Tah (Leverkusen)

MF - Andrich (Leverkusen), Fuhrich (Stuttgart), GroB (Brighton), Gundogan (Barcelona), Kroos (Real Madrid), Musiala (Bayern Munich), Pavlovic (Bayern Munich), Sane (Bayern Munich), Wirtz (Leverkusen)

FW - Beier (Hoffenheim), Fullkrug (Dortmund), Havertz (Arsenal), Muller (Bayern Munich), Undav (Stuttgart)

Some very good players there, particularly in midfield/out wide, Musiala, Kroos, Gundogan, Wirtz, Havertz, Muller, Sane although i feel the lack of a world class striker might be their undoing.
  • Options

• Options

• Options

• Options
    Taking our boys to the final warm up game at Wembley on 7th. How long before the game do you normally get the tickets emailed to you ?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Taking our boys to the final warm up game at Wembley on 7th. How long before the game do you normally get the tickets emailed to you ?  
    I think about 4 days from memory.
  • Options
    I'm in frankfurt for the world cup of darts on saturday 29th June. If England finish 2nd and Germany win their group, that night they play eachother in Dortmund. 3 hour train and how the hell i'd get tickets who knows but i'd give it a go!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I think about 4 days from memory.
    thanks 
  • Options
    my tickets came through on the app last week. looking forward to it now
  • Options
    Getting the Eurostar to Cologne Friday 14th June. Cannot bloody wait! Imagine i'll be too steaming from 5+ hours of train beers to remember much from the opening game :D
  • Options
    Germany squad:

GK - Baumann (Hoffenheim), Neuer (Bayern Munich), Nubel (Stuttgart), ter Stegen (Barcelona)

DF - Anton (Stuttgart), Henrichs (Leipzig), Kimmich (Bayern Munich), Koch (Frankfurt), Mittelstadt (Stuttgart), Raum (Leipzig), Rudiger (Real Madrid), Schlotterbeck (Dortmund), Tah (Leverkusen)

MF - Andrich (Leverkusen), Fuhrich (Stuttgart), GroB (Brighton), Gundogan (Barcelona), Kroos (Real Madrid), Musiala (Bayern Munich), Pavlovic (Bayern Munich), Sane (Bayern Munich), Wirtz (Leverkusen)

FW - Beier (Hoffenheim), Fullkrug (Dortmund), Havertz (Arsenal), Muller (Bayern Munich), Undav (Stuttgart)

Some very good players there, particularly in midfield/out wide, Musiala, Kroos, Gundogan, Wirtz, Havertz, Muller, Sane although i feel the lack of a world class striker might be their undoing.
    Striker and fullbacks. I do think Fullkrug is going to do well though, because he can do something similar to what he does for Dortmund which is occupy defenders and link up play with the talented midfielders and wingers behind him. I doubt Germany will be as counter-attacking as BVB are, but still think his selflessness will be effective. He's not as good as Giroud was, but it's a similar role to what Giroud did with France for many years.

• Options

Spain squad (29)

Goalkeepers: Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), Alex Remiro (Real Sociedad), David Raya (Arsenal).

Defenders: Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Aymeric Laporte (Al-Nassr), Nacho Fernandez (Real Madrid), Robin Le Normand (Real Sociedad), Pau Cubarsi (Barcelona), Dani Vivian (Athletic Bilbao), Alex Grimaldo (Bayer Leverkusen), Marc Cucurella (Chelsea).

Midfielders: Rodrigo (Manchester City), Martin Zubimendi (Real Sociedad), Fabian Ruiz (Paris St-Germain), Mikel Merino (Real Sociedad), Pedri (Barcelona), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid), Aleix Garcia (Girona), Alex Baena (Villarreal), Fermin Lopez (Barcelona).

Forwards: Alvaro Morata (Atletico Madrid), Joselu (Real Madrid), Dani Olmo (Leipzig), Nico Williams (Athletic Bilbao), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Ayoze Perez (Real Betis), Ferran Torres (Barcelona), Lamine Yamal (Barcelona)

Apart from maybe CB, there are no huge weaknesses in the first maybe 15-16 players in this squad. I think where they could get into trouble is the lack of fullback and CB depth, and which Alvaro Morata will turn up? Joselu has been an excellent impact sub, but he's more of a change of pace/battering ram than a compliment to their possession style. 

Spain, Germany, France, England are all very talented squads, but all lack in certain areas. You could probably put Portugal, Italy, and the Netherlands into that category as well, albeit not with quite as much talent but still a lot of ability. Just seen that bookmakers also have Belgium in that mix, which, I would not. I'm really looking forward to it, I always love the Euros, and I think this is a competition that will see a lot of parity. 

• Options
    Oh well, 3 games and straight back home.

No Matt O’Riley in the squad either.

99% of the Danish population who cares about football are fuming.

Eriksen, Damsgaard? They are next players and have shown nothing.

• Options
    Danepak said:

How is Matt O’Riley not in the squad? Has he fallen out with the manager? Brilliant player and, as a Rangers fan, I hate him for it!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Danepak said:

How is Matt O’Riley not in the squad? Has he fallen out with the manager? Brilliant player and, as a Rangers fan, I hate him for it!
    No ones knows. Mind boggling. And especially Hjulmand’s answer when he was asked why O’Riley wasn’t in the squad:
    ‘O’Riley has been good, but there are other players that are better than him.’

WTF??? The guy is on acid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Danepak said:

It's basically just trying the Euro 2020 squad again one more time. To some extent I get that when you're not necessarily brimming with quality knocking on the door. But the O'Riley one is a weird one, especially when it's a 26 man squad.
  • Options
    edited May 31
    SDAddick said:
    Danepak said:

It's basically just trying the Euro 2020 squad again one more time. To some extent I get that when you're not necessarily brimming with quality knocking on the door. But the O'Riley one is a weird one, especially when it's a 26 man squad.
    Plenty of options around Europe for him to pick from. We know that this squad is past its best. That was obvious during the World Cup and the qualifiers (narrow 2-1 win vs San Marino).

Only positive thing to take from this is that we’re getting a new manager after the Euros.
  • Options
    Danepak said:
    se9addick said:
    Danepak said:

No ones knows. Mind boggling. And especially Hjulmand’s answer when he was asked why O’Riley wasn’t in the squad:
    ‘O’Riley has been good, but there are other players that are better than him.’

WTF??? The guy is on acid.
    Does seem bizarre that he hasn't been picked but i guess it's a dig at the standard of the Scottish league than anything else. It's like an 'ok he's done well but look at what he's playing against' type of response.

if you look at the other midfielders they've named, one plays in Belgium, one just won the league in Portugal and the other 5 play in the premier league.
  • Options
    Sky Sports saying James Maddison has been left out of England's 26-player squad for Euro 2024 and has departed the Three Lions camp
  • Options
    yeah was reported last night on BBC Sport as well
  • Options
    Sky Sports saying James Maddison has been left out of England's 26-player squad for Euro 2024 and has departed the Three Lions camp
    Good.  If he had played the entire season like he did the first 10 games before he got crocked, then he would have deserved to go.

IMHO, I thought he was average to best on his return after injury.  Even Ange was taking him off with 15-20 mins to go which says something.

There's no way he gets in the starting XI anyway.
  • Options
    Eze offers more I think 
  • Options
    I’m not disappointed with this. To me he’s always flattered to deceive. 
  • Options
    I think Musiala could be the star of the tournament.
    Disagree and willing to look like a fool on this but always thought he was incredibly overrated. A good player nothing more. Then again I said the same about Vini Jr and have since changed my mind.