Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    Scotland have replaced the injured Dykes and Doak with Tommy Conway (Bristol City) and Lewis Morgan (NY Redbull) on

Dykes is a big loss, he’s the best at what he does we have, Doaks time will come.

Still need to cut two from the squad after Fridays game against Finland at Hamden. 

Can’t imagine we’ll take four keepers and reckon we’ll lose another defender with Hanley, Cooper and Souttar all struggling with injuries so reckon the squad kinda picks itself 
    I’m not a massive fan of Dykes, would rather Che Adams started. Shankland didn’t really take his opportunity against Gibraltar however, and Dykes is a good option off the bench to give us something different. 

Conway and Morgan could be interesting options, I believe Morgan has done fairly well in the MLS (I haven’t seen him on TV since he’s been there though). 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Stones, Dunk, Guehi, Konsa and Gomez as centre back options…
    Yes - five CBs is enough.

How fit is Stones though. It's a risk . 
  • Options
    Not sure about Dunk over Branthwaite actually... the former has never really impressed me when he's played for England

A bit like Tarkowski
  • Options
    edited June 6
    Dunk must be great to have around the squad I guess. 32 Years old now and hasn't pulled up any trees at International level. 
  • Options
    Not sure about Dunk over Branthwaite actually... the former has never really impressed me when he's played for England

A bit like Tarkowski
    One thing he can do is score from set pieces which we will miss from Maguire. He has no pace though. 
  • Options
    I quite like Dunk at club level but he's been poor for England imo. I'd have taken Branthwaite for sure. 
  • Options
    Not sure about Dunk over Branthwaite actually... the former has never really impressed me when he's played for England against Charlton

A bit like Tarkowski

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Scotland have replaced the injured Dykes and Doak with Tommy Conway (Bristol City) and Lewis Morgan (NY Redbull) on

Dykes is a big loss, he’s the best at what he does we have, Doaks time will come.

Still need to cut two from the squad after Fridays game against Finland at Hamden. 

Can’t imagine we’ll take four keepers and reckon we’ll lose another defender with Hanley, Cooper and Souttar all struggling with injuries so reckon the squad kinda picks itself 
    I’m not a massive fan of Dykes, would rather Che Adams started. Shankland didn’t really take his opportunity against Gibraltar however, and Dykes is a good option off the bench to give us something different. 

Conway and Morgan could be interesting options, I believe Morgan has done fairly well in the MLS (I haven’t seen him on TV since he’s been there though). 
    I think Adams is our no1 striker and Shankland would only play in a front two but I really like Dykes, regardless of if you’re chasing a game or trying to close it out he will run himself into the ground and play for the team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    Stones, Dunk, Guehi, Konsa and Gomez as centre back options…
    Yes - five CBs is enough.

Is it though?  Stones and Guehi have had injury issues recently, and Gomez might be covering left back too.

I'm not sure we need all of Bowen, Toney, Watkins, Eze and Gordon.
  • Options
    Also the team with the most players in the squad?  Palace.
  • Options
    edited June 6
    Macronate said:
    Seeing Dunk chasing M'bappe as he powers through on goal in the semi will be fun.
    If Dunk is a starter I wouldn’t fancy us making the semi finals. Think Guehi is more likely to get the nod.
  • Options
    Brownie12 said:
    Macronate said:
    Seeing Dunk chasing M'bappe as he powers through on goal in the semi will be fun.
    If Dunk is a starter I wouldn’t fancy us making it out of the group the semi finals. Think Guehi is more likely to get the nod.

• Options
    I hope Toney makes the squad. I was quite impressed with his debut or recent England appearance. He would be a handful for any defence and he’ll suit Kane. 
    If he scored the goal in a 1-0 victory would I be able to say he was toney one to score? 🥸
  • Options
    and as much as i hate to say it , I'd have them all in the squad especially Eze and Wharton . They are our future
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I hope Toney makes the squad. I was quite impressed with his debut or recent England appearance. He would be a handful for any defence and he’ll suit Kane. 
    If he scored the goal in a 1-0 victory would I be able to say he was toney one to score? 🥸

Agreed, I think he suits the way England play more than Watkins does. 
  • Options
    and as much as i hate to say it , I'd have them all in the squad especially Eze and Wharton . They are our future
    I'd say the same about Branthwaite though! Should be in the squad at least. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    He is definitely in the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrBurns said:
    Ridiculous that Branthwaite misses out. Dunk is an accident waiting to happen at these euros 
    Very surprised Dunk has made the squad. He had that awful week in March when Lukaku made him look silly in Rome for the Europa league and then again at Wembley for the friendly. I genuinely thought that he the end of his England career. 

• Options
    Dunk isn't first choice though is he. Looks like Konsa and Stones are, with Gomez next up. A back 4 of those with Walker and Shaw is a decent defence. 
  • Options

Maguire saying it was his failure to overcome injury that’s ruled him out

Harry Maguire has posted on X , externalconfirming that he has not made the England squad: "I am devastated not to have been selected to play for England at the Euros this summer.

"Despite my best efforts, I have not been able to overcome an injury to my calf. Maybe I pushed myself too hard, to try and make it. Simply, I am absolutely gutted. 

"For me, representing England is the highest honour. It means everything to me. If I can’t help the team as a player, I will support them as a fan – along with the rest of the country. Go and win it boys. 

"Next, I will return to the supervision of the Manchester United medical team in order to prepare for next season."

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Dunk isn't first choice though is he. Looks like Konsa and Stones are, with Gomez next up. A back 4 of those with Walker and Shaw is a decent defence. 
    It’ll be Guehi and Stones before any of those... Maybe Konsa next but I think Southgate has him down more as back up to Kyle Walker.
  • Options

Maguire saying it was his failure to overcome injury that’s ruled him out

Harry Maguire has posted on X , externalconfirming that he has not made the England squad: "I am devastated not to have been selected to play for England at the Euros this summer.

"Despite my best efforts, I have not been able to overcome an injury to my calf. Maybe I pushed myself too hard, to try and make it. Simply, I am absolutely gutted. 

"For me, representing England is the highest honour. It means everything to me. If I can’t help the team as a player, I will support them as a fan – along with the rest of the country. Go and win it boys. 

"Next, I will return to the supervision of the Manchester United medical team in order to prepare for next season."

If this wasn't the case for Maguire's exclusion I'll be very surprised... Despite the jokes about him of late, he's had solid season with Man Utd
  • Options
    He hasn’t had the best of seasons, but there aren’t many nations on the planet who wouldn’t include Grealish in a 26 man squad.