Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• se9addick said:
    He hasn’t had the best of seasons, but there aren’t many nations on the planet who wouldn’t include Grealish in a 26 man squad. 
    But if you take him you have to drop one from Bowen, Gordon, Foden, Eze, Saka or Palmer. He's been worse than all of them this season
  • A real shame for Pope who, if fit, would surely have made the squad ahead of Henderson.
  • Sickening. 

• sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    He hasn’t had the best of seasons, but there aren’t many nations on the planet who wouldn’t include Grealish in a 26 man squad. 
    But if you take him you have to drop one from Bowen, Gordon, Foden, Eze, Saka or Palmer. He's been worse than all of them this season
    Ironically feels as though Southgate has gone for form with a good few of his picks, rather than his mates, which he is long accused of
  • sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    But Eze plays for Palace. Easy decision really. 
  • Whoda thunk the Nigel’s would be the team with the highest number of players in the England squad!!!!!!!
  • Whoda thunk the Nigel’s would be the team with the highest number of players in the England squad!!!!!!!
    With an ex Nigel leading them

• sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    I’d have him in the squad over Gordon and Bowen . 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    I’d have him in the squad over Gordon and Bowen . 
    Gordon could change a game with pace v tired defences.  Less sure someone like Bowen would.
  • We've got some of the best attacking players in world football, but that defence scares the shit out of me!!
  • We've got some of the best attacking players in world football, but that defence scares the shit out of me!!
    Especially if Shaw isn't fit.

Have to hope there's time in the group to get people in a bit of form!
  • Southgate has selected a very good squad with a lot of exciting newcomers as well as long established players .. I expect us to do well in the tournament
  • Do find it interesting he's gone from being defender heavy to the opposite, hopefully translates to attacking football.
  • Am pleased about Gallagher as I think he has come on leaps and bounds. Also for Ese as he plays with such ease and enjoys the game. 
  • se9addick said:
    A brave call. The first game we fail to break down a stubborn defence, there'll be the "Grealish would have made an impact" comments in the media 
  • sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    I know what you mean, but I think Grealish as a sub can maybe change a game more than Bowen, for example.

FWIW (Sod all) I'd have taken Grealish and Branthwaite, and dropped Bowen and one of Toney or Watkins.
    The thing with the strikers is you have to take 3 of them, because if Kane gets injured then suddenly Watkins is starting and Toney might then be needed as a sub.

But in reality it's highly likely one of them won't play a single minute.
  • Interesting that in some areas Southgate has gone for players in form and then he's picked Dunk over Branthwaite.

Also i get there aren't many options but Ramsdale is probably lucky to get in, he's played only 3 times for Arsenal since December and they lost 2 of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Notice that Wales just drew 0-0 with Gibraltar in a friendly.

Great preparation for their summer!! 
    Even Scotland beat gibraltar 2-0 the other day !
  • I know they haven't all had great seasons. but there's some very talented players who haven't made the cut. Even in defence. It's not so long ago we were naming squads where some of the players were pretty much just making up the numbers.
  • sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:
    I know what you mean, but I think Grealish as a sub can maybe change a game more than Bowen, for example.

FWIW (Sod all) I'd have taken Grealish and Branthwaite, and dropped Bowen and one of Toney or Watkins.
    The thing with the strikers is you have to take 3 of them, because if Kane gets injured then suddenly Watkins is starting and Toney might then be needed as a sub.

I do wonder if he's also taken Toney with half an eye on penalty takers.
  • se9addick said:

That must mean we have a decent chance then!
    Konsa and Gomez are gonna bring it home for Charlton.

Obviously a terrible result but i can't imagine their players are exactly highly motivated. Probably just want to fuck off on holiday.
  • sam3110 said:
    se9addick said:

I do wonder if he's also taken Toney with half an eye on penalty takers.
    Nah, he’s got money on number of bookings 
  • I did see Charlie Savage had his Wales debut, will be aiming for more caps than his Dad.

Obviously a terrible result but i can't imagine their players are exactly highly motivated. Probably just want to fuck off on holiday.
    Yeaaa... but can guarantee that the home nations would be laughing and pointing fingers if we got a result like that

Only fair to return the favour ;)
  • I did see Charlie Savage had his Wales debut, will be aiming for more caps than his Dad.
    Jason Koumas’ son Lewis made his debut as well