Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    edited June 6
    Was definitely more impressed with Eze and Bowen rather than Maddison on Monday night.

International Football just hasn't seemed to work out for him.
  • Options
    edited June 6
    Daily Mail is now reporting that Curtis Jones is the next to be axed, again not really surprising that one... Do the press really have to be scummy all the time, and release this information one by one though?
  • Options
    Curtis Jones also told he's not going. So Jones & Maddison definitely not going, Quansah and Trafford obviously not going which leaves 3 more to cut.
  • Options
    I don't think Wharton makes the cut either, a tournament too soon for him perhaps
  • Options
    Wharton - Branthwaite (I'd take Gomez for his versatility, rather than the Charlton connections) - Toney are the three I'd cut, might be risky with just Kane and Watkins as our Strikers, but we've got others who could play there if absolutely needed.

Wharton - Branthwaite are going to be absolute stars in the future and I'll be surprised if they not involved in two years if they keep up their form, but if they go to the Euros this year, then they have the Walcott role of glorified spectator.
  • Options
    Daily Mail is now reporting that Curtis Jones is the next to be axed, again not really surprising that one... Do the press really have to be scummy all the time, and release this information one by one though?
    Surely the press are only finding out after the players so it’s the Nigel dropping them one by one and if they’re leaving the camp then the press will report it?

I do wonder though, are they being told and given the option to stay with the squad till the weekend or told and asked to pack their bags
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I think Wirtz could be the player that catches the eye most. 
    Wirtz and Musiala could both star.

I can see a France v Germany final, England v Germany if we're lucky!
  • Options
    Scotland have replaced the injured Dykes and Doak with Tommy Conway (Bristol City) and Lewis Morgan (NY Redbull) on

Dykes is a big loss, he’s the best at what he does we have, Doaks time will come.

Still need to cut two from the squad after Fridays game against Finland at Hamden. 

Can’t imagine we’ll take four keepers and reckon we’ll lose another defender with Hanley, Cooper and Souttar all struggling with injuries so reckon the squad kinda picks itself 
  • Options
    Scotland have replaced the injured Dykes and Doak with Tommy Conway (Bristol City) and Lewis Morgan (NY Redbull) on

Dykes is a big loss, he’s the best at what he does we have, Doaks time will come.

Still need to cut two from the squad after Fridays game against Finland at Hamden. 

Can’t imagine we’ll take four keepers and reckon we’ll lose another defender with Hanley, Cooper and Souttar all struggling with injuries so reckon the squad kinda picks itself 
    Who? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Who? :)
    Finland is a Northern European nation bordering Sweden, Norway and Russia. Its capital, Helsinki, occupies a peninsula and surrounding islands in the Baltic Sea. Helsinki is home to the 18th-century sea fortress Suomenlinna, the fashionable Design District and diverse museums. The Northern Lights can be seen from the country's Arctic Lapland province, a vast wilderness with national parks and ski resorts.

They are Scotland’s final opponents before the euros start next week 
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    I think Wirtz could be the player that catches the eye most. 
    Wirtz and Musiala could both star.

I can see a France v Germany final, England v Germany if we're lucky!
    France are favorites for me, they have talent and depth all over the pitch, I think our squad is very similar to Germanys. Overloaded with midfield talent but weak in depth elsewhere
  • Options
    The Athletic reporting that Grealish and Maguire are out. With Trafford, Maddison, Quansah, Jones that means only one left to cut.
  • Options
    If Grealish being out is true, that's a big call from Southgate - presumably taking Gordon instead as an option on the left?

Pleased he's not just choosing the same old names though, considering everyone was half expecting Henderson and Phillips to go, and Rashford and Grealish will have been dropped top.  Shows form matters.

One from Bowen, Toney or Watkins to be the final cut?
  • Options
    edited June 6
    fenaddick said:
    The Athletic reporting that Grealish and Maguire are out. With Trafford, Maddison, Quansah, Jones that means only one left to cut.
    Grealish hasn't pulled up any trees for a year or so now and i can see why he would be left out but i'd have taken him. . I presume Toney will be the last one to be left out. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Absolute joke not taking Grealish imo
    I'd have taken him - can change a game off the bench, and he played well the other night, but I can understand it as he's not had as good a season as he did last year for example.
  • Options
    clive said:

Thankfully I'm already watching it with my two sons - in Gelsenkirchen :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Branthwaite the final player cut. Leaves the squad like this:

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal).

Defenders: Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa),  Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace) Declan Rice (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Supposedly it's Branthwaite. 
  • Options
    Taking 4 keepers too is a joke imo
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    There's only 3 though. Trafford has been left out as everyone knew he would be.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Branthwaite the final player cut. Leaves the squad like this:

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Crystal Palace), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal).

Defenders: Lewis Dunk (Brighton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Marc Guehi (Crystal Palace), Ezri Konsa (Aston Villa),  Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Newcastle), Kyle Walker (Manchester City).

Midfielders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Kobbie Mainoo (Manchester United), Adam Wharton (Crystal Palace) Declan Rice (Arsenal).

Forwards: Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid), Jarrod Bowen (West Ham), Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Anthony Gordon (Newcastle United), Harry Kane (Bayern Munich), Cole Palmer (Chelsea), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Ivan Toney (Brentford), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).
    That would be madness to leave out Braithwaite considering how light we are at the back. I'm sure it will Toney 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    There's only 3 though. Trafford has been left out as everyone knew he would be.
    Ah fair play, just read on twitter that we has named 4
  • Options
    Wow... Didnt expect Wharton to make the cut... Deserves it though
  • Options
    edited June 6
    Stones, Dunk, Guehi, Konsa and Gomez as centre back options…
  • Options
    edited June 6
  • Options
    Stones, Dunk, Guehi, Konsa and Gomez as centre back options…
    Yes - five CBs is enough.