Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    fenaddick said:

Arguably our most complete player. But weirdly it might benefit us if he's not available. 

Gordon LM hopefully to inject some width.
  • Options
    fenaddick said:

Been one of his worst critics during his 3 games  but I hope all is alright with his family. 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    Sounds like he'll be back, didnt Sterling leave the camp in 2022 because of something, but return?

No matter, we've got three days in between now and our next game

Phil Foden: England midfielder 'temporarily' leaves Euro 2024 camp for family reasons - BBC Sport
  • Options
    Sounds like he'll be back, didnt Sterling leave the camp in 2022 because of something, but return?

Phil Foden: England midfielder 'temporarily' leaves Euro 2024 camp for family reasons - BBC Sport
    Might be a good excuse/reasoning to bench him?
  • Options
    Bit gutted, honestly think Bellingham has stopped Foden from impacting games more, although he looked the better of the two. Yes Bellingham is unbelievable but he hasn't shown up as a number 10 bar when he got the goal, even then i wouldn't say he was as good as they hyped on the day. 

Hopefully it just means we will have a better balance now, if he didn't fly back i was in the camp where Foden should be number 10 and Bellingham either behind or on the bench, sad really but it hasn't worked. 

Or maybe its another opportunity to show how inept Southgate is and he'll probably play someone out of position there , Gordon needs to start really no excuse now.  
  • Options
    It’s Sir Bobby all over again!!  Unforeseen circumstances forces a change to the side. I tell thee. It’s an omen. 
  • Options
    It’s Sir Bobby all over again!!  Unforeseen circumstances forces a change to the side. I tell thee. It’s an omen. 
    Did they play shit footy too early stages? 
  • Options

Link now says that it's for the birth of his third child. 

All the best to him and his family 
  • Options
    edited June 26
    We have been predictably shit, and the more the tournament goes on, the more I don't like the team. The lack of accountability is embarrassing. No cohesion, no passion, no skill and it genuinely looks like a real lack of effort. That Rice segment pre-game was embarrassing. 'Half of England fans wanted us to play Trent in midfield' load of nonsense. He seemed genuinely annoyed over the criticism, and I don't understand why he's surprised at it. Show poor effort levels and skill, infront of one of the most passionate fan bases in any sport worldwide, you should expect moans and groans. 

Luckily for Southgate, we have been gifted an easy bracket again, so he can pad out his very ordinary England record, and inevitably lose to the first real challenge we face, as that's what usually happens. 

It's beyond frustrating having arguably, the best group of players in the tournament, and looking like one of the worst teams. 
  • Options
    I genuinely hope we get Holland as we will either get fraud checked and be done with the Southgate experiment, or, a team that usually frustrates opponents, may force our players into showing a bit of determination. 

A tricky game against a Holland side with decent players could be the catalyst in gaining some momentum and going on a tournament run, anyone else will probably end up with us winning fairly comfortably, and getting exposed by Italy (likely) in the next round. 

Either way, before all the criticism has been thrown at these players, something has seemed off imo. The players energy on the pitch, the media footage. Just seems to be a bit of a divide in the camp. There's no way these players are this poor. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ooh look, it's the English ref and VAR team for Ukraine v Belgium. Expect to see Lukaku have another goal chalked off after 5 mins of deliberation at some point.
  • Options
    Oh is that the Tintin kit?
  • Options
    Surprisingly fast start for both teams in the Slovakia Romania game
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Ooh look, it's the English ref and VAR team for Ukraine v Belgium. Expect to see Lukaku have another goal chalked off after 5 mins of deliberation at some point.
    To be fair that would be pretty funny.

I hope he carries on getting goals chalked off by VAR just for the fun of it.
  • Options
    Surprisingly fast start for both teams in the Slovakia Romania game
    Wondered if they'd potentially settle for a draw....
  • Options
    What channel are these games on? 
  • Options
    I'm worried Bellingham is going to be a bit of a flop in this tournament. He's hardly set the world alight in the last 3-4 months.
    Nobody is laughing at me now
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    What channel are these games on? 
    BBC 1 & 2.
  • Options
    Slovakia 1-0

As it stands Romania are out
  • Options
    I’d like to dedicate that goal to all the staff at The Pink Pussycat club in Bratislava 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Belgium kit is seriously disgusting.

• Options
    Did they play shit footy too early stages? 
    yes - we drew 1-1 with Rep Ire, drew 0-0 with Holland and scraped through 1-0 against Egypt via a deflected Mark Wright header.

Belgium then should have a beaten us in first knockout stage and we got through with last minute David Platt worldie.

Then outplayed by Cameroon in the quarters, coming from 2-1 down courtesy of two Lineker penalties.

Played OK against Germany in Semis before Shilton lost us yet another world cup, just like in 86.

Then we stunk the place out against Italy when Shilton also cost us 3rd place

Fuck you Peter Shilton
  • Options
    Controversial VAR decision in the Slovakia Ukraine game awards a penalty. 1-1
  • Options
    edited June 26
    We have been predictably shit, and the more the tournament goes on, the more I don't like the team. The lack of accountability is embarrassing. No cohesion, no passion, no skill and it genuinely looks like a real lack of effort. That Rice segment pre-game was embarrassing. 'Half of England fans wanted us to play Trent in midfield' load of nonsense. He seemed genuinely annoyed over the criticism, and I don't understand why he's surprised at it. Show poor effort levels and skill, infront of one of the most passionate fan bases in any sport worldwide, you should expect moans and groans. 

Luckily for Southgate, we have been gifted an easy bracket again, so he can pad out his very ordinary England record, and inevitably lose to the first real challenge we face, as that's what usually happens. 

It's beyond frustrating having arguably, the best group of players in the tournament, and looking like one of the worst teams. 
    Google it from 2023... there are definitely articles from the media, and threads on reddit saying that TAA should be played in Midfield.

"Half the England fans wanted..." Is a stretch though

Didnt have issue with what Rice said myself - I find it weird how people are happy to slag off Footballers, but become very delicate and defensive when something comes the other way.
  • Options
    edited June 26
    I'm worried Bellingham is going to be a bit of a flop in this tournament. He's hardly set the world alight in the last 3-4 months.
    Nobody is laughing at me now
    Tbh all the big name players have been poor for us this tournament. I love Harry Kane, but even he just doesn't look his usual self. 

I think something is wrong internally. Bellingham, Saka, Foden and Kane all looking poor this tournament just doesn't add up. Based on last season, you could argue they're all in with a shout of being in the top 10 players in the world and, all contestants for the Ballon d'Or. Suddenly, they all look like Charlton players.
  • Options
    What are the KO permutations at the moment @Callumcafc
  • Options
    What are the KO permutations at the moment @Callumcafc
    Two draws atm so as you were from yesterday evening :-) 
  • Options
    I genuinely hope we get Holland as we will either get fraud checked and be done with the Southgate experiment, or, a team that usually frustrates opponents, may force our players into showing a bit of determination. 

A tricky game against a Holland side with decent players could be the catalyst in gaining some momentum and going on a tournament run, anyone else will probably end up with us winning fairly comfortably, and getting exposed by Italy (likely) in the next round. 

Either way, before all the criticism has been thrown at these players, something has seemed off imo. The players energy on the pitch, the media footage. Just seems to be a bit of a divide in the camp. There's no way these players are this poor. 

I agree with you mate. I can’t believe that the squad is genuinely this shit so it feels like something isn’t quite right behind the scenes. I still think Southgate is on a “well I picked the players all you armchair experts wanted me to” kick and I wonder if that has soaked its way into the camp.  Or maybe the poor little darlings are tired after a long hard season. One way or another it feels a little off. 
  • Options
    The ultimate criticism, Gary Lineker comparing Belgium to England.