Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He’s lucky he’s getting a second chance. You deserve to miss when you do that.
    Feels really really harsh on the keeper, Lewandowski fakes taking it with all the stuttering in the run up and the keeper gets punished for moving.
    I really thought that those run ups werent allowed now
    Same, think you can slow down but not stop, but feels like players have just started stopping again?  

Maybe we missed them being allowed again?
  • Options
    Really hope Slovenia dont play like this in a bit
  • Options
    That goal should have been allowed, just for having been able to score from that angle

The Dutch keeper having a poor 5 minutes 
  • Options
    Jesus... that was an awful penalty even though he scored.

Martin Keown
    Former England defender on BBC One

Lewandowski goes to that same side. It's quite brilliant. To beat the goalkeeper he has to go all the way with it, and it's a great finish

Not watching as at sons football training but I am now confused ….

• Options
    edited June 25
    The Netherlands v Austria game is what you want to see as a neutral. Lots of momentum change and plenty of goals.

A very funny, funny old game. 2-3 to Austria and nearly 3-3.

Great end to end football in 2nd half.

All I know is 3 teams are going through from group D.
  • Options
    Amusing that the country that gave the world Total Football, now has 6'6 lump up front as their main attacking focus 
  • Options
    Surprised Holland didnt get a penalty for that shirt pull just then.

Thats a foul anywhere else??
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Austria are class
    Man U sacked Rangnick as well 😂😂
    Was the only one in the last decade or so ti tell them what their issues were and how deep they went etc, should have kept him as a DOF.

But their precious players didn't want to hear it, and the Glazers wouldn't have put the changes in place.
  • Options
    Are these good results for us or not ? 
  • Options
    Amusing that the country that gave the world Total Football, now has 6'6 lump up front as their main attacking focus 

Is that the same big lump that scored the winner with his feet after coming on as a sub within 2 minutes against Poland !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    who bloody knows anymore!!!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Neutral as whoever we play is going to dish out some whoopity
  • Options
    edited June 25
    MrOneLung said:
    Netherlands are one of the 3rd placed teams we could face in the RO16, Austria we'd potentially face in the Semi-Finals

France we wouldnt face until the Final

But thats based on us winning the Group ourselves. If we come 2nd then we'll go into the half of the draw with France - Spain - Germany - Portugal
  • Options
    I THINK it's bad for us, but not as bad as it could have been with France not topping the group..
  • Options
    One round of games completed… if the groups were final at this moment in time, the round of 16 would look like this:

Spain(1B) v Czechia(3F)

Germany(1A) v Denmark(2C)

Turkey(1F) v Albania(3B)

France(2D) v Slovakia(2E)

Romania(1E) v Slovenia(3C)

Netherlands(1D) v Portugal(2F)

England(1C) v Poland(3D)

Switzerland(2A) v Italy(2B)

Updated after two games played:

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

Portugal(1F) v Slovenia(3C)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

Romania(1E) v Albania(3B)

Netherlands(1D) v Turkey(2F)

England(1C) v Austria(3D)

Update after Group A completed (teams in bold guaranteed):

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

Portugal(1F) v Hungary(3A)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

Update after Group B completed (teams in bold guaranteed):

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

Germany(1A) v Denmark(2C)

Portugal(1F) v Hungary(3A)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

Switzerland(2A) v Italy(2B)

Not much changes - only Italy confirms their place tonight.

Croatia aren't done yet - but they are relying on us beating Slovenia 3-0 or by four clear goals tomorrow (plus a few other silly results go their way).

Update after Group D completed (teams in bold guaranteed):

Spain(1B) v Slovakia(3E)

Germany(1A) v Denmark(2C)

Portugal(1F) v Hungary(3A)

France(2D) v Belgium(2E)

Austria(1D) v Turkey(2F)

England(1C) v Netherlands(3D)

Switzerland(2A) v Italy(2B)

• Options
    Very very impressive from the Austrians.
  • Options
    At least if we beat the Netherlands in the next round, people can play it down as they failed to beat Austria.

Excuses in early for you all ;)
  • Options
    Today shows that the tournament is wide open. France not winning the group is a real surprise, especially their lack of goals.
  • Options
    so basically its Netherlands, Germany or the winner of group F (probably Belgium?) regardless of our result tonight
  • Options
    edited June 25
    so basically its Netherlands, Germany or the winner of group F (probably Belgium?) regardless of our result tonight
    We win... Should be Netherlands
    We draw (DEN draw / lose)... Should be Netherlands
    We draw (DEN win)... Germany
    We lose (DEN win)... Winners of Belgium Group
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 25
    The simplest way I can see England avoiding Netherlands in the round of 16: beat Slovenia by a clear 3-4 goals, have Denmark beat Serbia and Czech Republic beat Georgia.

The key is to ensure that Group C does not have one of the best third place finishers. If that’s the case, England will play a team from Group E or F instead.
  • Options
    The simplest way I can see England avoiding Netherlands in the round of 16: beat Slovenia by a clear 3-4 goals, have Denmark beat Serbia and Czech Republic beat Georgia.
    haven't even started drinking yet and I already have a head ache! 
  • Options
    Surely we want to play the Netherlands? They really aren't very good.
  • Options

The key is to ensure that Group C does not have one of the best third place finishers. If that’s the case, England will play a team from Group E or F instead.
    Would it be awful of me to ask what the draw would look like if that scenario happened...? (you're loving this aren't you Cal! lol)
  • Options
    edited June 25

Remaining combinations

2/5: Group C winner v Netherlands
    2/5: Group C winner v Group E 3rd
    1/5: Group C winner v Group F 3rd
  • Options
    edited June 25
    I think I over complicated it a bit… if Denmark and Czech win, it doesn’t matter how many goals England win by. As long as all three of those teams win, England would play Turkey or Georgia.
  • Options
    Not fussed if we do get Holland, they've not looked good at all and are easily beatable.
  • Options
    edited June 25
    Time for England to stink the place out?
  • Options
    edited June 25
    I think I over complicated it a bit… if Denmark and Czech win, it doesn’t matter how many goals England win by. As long as all three of those teams win, England would play Turkey or Georgia.
    who would be in our little QF bracket in that scenario though? Belgium? xxxxx edit for wrongness
  • Options

Would it be awful of me to ask what the draw would look like if that scenario happened...? (you're loving this aren't you Cal! lol)
    Lol you’d be looking at something like:

Spain v Slovakia, Germany v Denmark, Portugal v Hungary, France v Romania, Belgium v Netherlands, Austria v Czech, England v Turkey, Switzerland v Italy

That assumes that the favourites like Belgium, England and Portugal all win..