Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• Oh, that’s a bad miss… 
  • Mbappe’s tournament in a nutshell
  • What a crap shot by Mbappe. Easy to score for fun in a farmers league, let's see how he does in Madrid, based on his Euros so far, he won't be the menace people think
  • What’s going on with added time at this tournament? Seems they’ve reverted to old rules and are giving the bare minimum each game.
  • edited July 9
    I've always been a beeb man when it comes to international tournament football. But Lineker, Richards and especially Jenas are insufferable!
  • JaShea99 said:
    What’s going on with added time at this tournament? Seems they’ve reverted to old rules and are giving the bare minimum each game.
    UEFA never adopted the extra long added time thing, was the same in their club competitions too
  • edited July 9
    Well if England make it through, this wrestling entrance theme sums up their chances: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a23S5mLh3Dw
  • France have been merde all tournament. A bit better tonight, but not clinical enough.
  • edited July 9
    We've still got to deal with the Netherlands which wont be easy, but shame we wont get a chance to correct the 2022 World Cup.

Historically we dont have a bad record against the Spanish though.
  • edited July 9
    sam3110 said:
    What a crap shot by Mbappe. Easy to score for fun in a farmers league, let's see how he does in Madrid, based on his Euros so far, he won't be the menace people think
    Trying to work out if you’re serious… bad tournament for him but he has 12 goals in World Cups and dozens of European Cup goals by his mid twenties. 

He is the only reason his team had a chance in that final against Argentina.
  • Sponsored links:

• Spain Vs Holland final 
  • I do think we have a better chance of countering Spain than France (if they both play well). 

But against Spain (if we beat the Netherlands) we have to be massive underdogs considering relative performances so far this tournament. 
  • We've still got to deal with the Netherlands which wont be easy, but shame we wont get a chance to correct the 2022 World Cup.

Actually beat them 3-2 away on our last meeting in 2018.
  • Looks like Morata’s done a Bielik.
  • We've still got to deal with the Netherlands which wont be easy, but shame we wont get a chance to correct the 2022 World Cup.

Trippier will have Yamal in his pocket all night. 
  • MrBurns said:
    Spain Vs Holland final 
    🤞 
  • Spain 8/13
    England 3/1
    Netherlands 11/2
  • Has some pitch invader injured Morata?
  • Sponsored links:

• Always baffles me that Laporte plays for Spain. He's French 
    Both Spain's centre backs are.
    And Guehi is from the Ivory Coast 
  • edited July 9
    Always baffles me that Laporte plays for Spain. He's French 
    Not exactly a new thing is it?

John Barnes was Jamaican, half of Ireland's team were English.

Portugal have had Deco, Pepe etc, Diego Costa played for Spain, the list goes on.

He moved here when he was 1 according to Wiki, Laporte got called up twice to the French main squad before he switched to Spain 4 years ago 
    He moved here when he was 1 according to Wiki, Laporte got called up twice to the French main squad before he switched to Spain 4 years ago 
    And Declan Rice got 3 caps for Ireland....
    Not exactly a new thing is it?

Portugal have had Deco, Pepe etc, Diego Costa played for Spain, the list goes on.

Well it is the same really, they were just a bit younger when they moved here, same with Sterling 

Laporte was only four years older than Barnes was when they moved

Especially Rice and Grealish. 
    He’d signed for Bilbao when he was 15 and moved to Spain at 16, it’s not like he moved there four years ago 

• It's unusual for a player to switch from one top European country to another.

Normally it's a player switching from a better team to a "lower" one because they're own country didn't pick them. Or a player from a lower country playing for a better one. Or a South American settling in Europe, and playing for a country there. 
  • sam3110 said:
    What a crap shot by Mbappe. Easy to score for fun in a farmers league, let's see how he does in Madrid, based on his Euros so far, he won't be the menace people think
    He really is a bit underwhelming. Best player in the world?! Guess in recent years we've had some unbelievably great players that a french rashford doesn't really cut the mustard.