Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• edited July 10
    Is it just me or has that been played a lot less this tournament?
    Yeah its been replaced with Sweet Caroline since Euro 2020
  • edited July 10
    Why?

edit: I know you sing sweet Caroline but why bin of the other one? 

• Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
    That’s mental 
    It's simply not true. Atletico Madrid lost to Real Madrid.
  • edited July 10
    Why?
    I dont know... I think each team were asked, what song they wanted playing after they won after a game at Euro 2020.

Think "Its Coming Home" had already started to become a bit of a frowned upon song, by the fun police so they chose something random, might have been because it was sung a lot by the England team at the 2018 World Cup.

I presume they didnt waste their time asking Scotland what they wanted playing.
  • edited July 10
    Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
    That’s mental 
    So Spain won that Final? - I dont get the reason for being pedantic - I mean I'd get it, if I'd said: No Spanish side has lost a Final since 2001... But I didnt.
  • Why?
    I dont know... I think each team were asked, what song they wanted playing after they won after a game at Euro 2020.

Think "Its Coming Home" had already started to become a bit of a frowned upon song, by the fun police so they chose something random, might have been because it was sung a lot by the England team at the 2018 World Cup.

I still think of the boxing when I hear Sweet Caroline

If it’s because it’s frowned upon then I’d imagine it was the fa that chose sweet Caroline .

what about it would the fun police have a problem with?
  • Why?

If it’s because it’s frowned upon then I’d imagine it was the fa that chose sweet Caroline .

Because its seen as arrogance from us English... 
  • edited July 10
    Why?

Because its seen as arrogance from us English... 
    I can assure you that you are still all arrogant as fuck without it
    Racist... ;) - You love us really.
  • The last time the winners of the second semi final won the final was Spain in 2008. The Tuesday semi finalists won in 2012, 2016 and 2021.

Everyone goes on about England being in the easier half of the draw but playing the Wednesday semi final is a disadvantage imo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Before each game I was confident we'd beat Slovakia, Switzerland and Netherlands, as even not at our best we're better than them.

I want us to beat Spain, but to me they're the favourites, so I'll be quite relaxed before the game. It's not like the Italy game 3 years ago, which really was a missed opportunity.
  • Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
    That’s mental 
    So Spain won that Final? - I dont get the reason for being pedantic - I mean I'd get it, if I'd said: No Spanish side has lost a Final since 2001... But I didnt.
    Yes, ok, you're right. Nice statistics. Who was it in 2001 anyway?
    That’s mental 
    Yes, ok, you're right. Nice statistics. Who was it in 2001 anyway?
    Alaves against Liverpool in the UEFA Cup - Bloody brilliant game that one as well, as the latter won 5-4
  • Atletico Madrid are a Spanish side. They were in a final. 
    They didn’t win 
  • edited July 11
    Seen a few stats & trends around that favour the Spaniards, so here’s some that point towards England…

- The last time a major tournament was held in Germany, the team who won the semi final in Dortmund went on to win the final.

- Since the tournament expanded to 24 teams, each eventual winning team has gone to extra time in 3 of their 4 knockout games - including the final. England have played two periods of extra time so far, Spain only one.

- In the last three European Championships, the team who has played the most games before the final at the venue of the final has lost the final (England 5 / Italy 1, France 2 / Portugal 0, Italy 1 / Spain 0) - Spain have already played in Berlin, England have not.

• Up to 15,000 fans will now be invited to the O2 on Sunday evening to enjoy pre-match entertainment and what City Hall hopes will be “the biggest celebration of the Three Lions this side of Berlin”.  

Tickets will be allocated via a ballot on City Hall’s website, opening at 10am on Thursday and closing on Friday at 9am. Successful entrants will be notified via email by midday on Friday to secure up to four tickets.

The ballot will be at london.gov.uk/eurosfinal.

https://greenwichwire.co.uk/2024/07/10/sadiq-khan-to-host-free-england-v-spain-euro-2024-screening-at-the-o2/?

• MrOneLung said:
    Atletico Madrid are a Spanish side. They were in a final. 
    They didn’t win 
    But they were beaten by a Spanish side…
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be the first time the Euro Final, is a repeat of the same sides from the U21 Euro Final the year before - England U21s of course beat Spain U21s last summer 1-0.

Gordon / Palmer / Baena the three who could be involved in both games.
  • se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    They didn’t win 
    Doesn't change my statement
  • MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    They didn’t win 
    Doesnt change the stat either does it?
  • edited July 11
    Chizz said:
    Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
    Same with Scotland
    Well, that’s neither funny or true.
  • MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    They didn’t win 
    you mean the stat that says : Spanish sides have won every final they have been in since 2001 ?

Athletico are a Spanish side
    They lost two finals they were in
  • MrOneLung said:
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    They didn’t win 
    Yes it does because the statement is every Spanish side that has been in a final since 2001 has won. 

They haven't because there were 2 Spanish sides playing against eachother in 2 of those finals, therefore making it impossible for every Spanish finalist to win every final they played in, regardless of whether they were beaten by another Spanish team, they were still a Spanish team that lost.
  • edited July 11
    I'll give you all another stat to potentially be pedantic over... ;)

If England win on Sunday it'll be the first time a Nation have been holders of the Mens Euros - Womens Euros - U21 Euros at the same time..

Albeit the Women Euros will be on next Summer, so we might not hold that achievement for very long. Germany were holders of the Mens Euros / Womens Euros in 1996.