Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

UEFA EURO 2024

Comments

• England v Spain final coin flip 

• I thought that Spain handled the last 15 minutes of that match terribly. They played far too quickly rather than trying to just keep possession and slow the game down. They've been the best team in the tournament but I would be confident that Kane, Foden or Bellingham would bury either of the Hernandez or Mbappe chances.
    England would defend a lead better than Spain, and also take advantage of Spain's open play better than France.
    Experience however tells me not to get carried away - we have to beat the Dutch first.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Pretty typical Charlton goal by Yamal there.
    Just a copy of Reza's goal at Leeds.
  • sam3110 said:
    What a crap shot by Mbappe. Easy to score for fun in a farmers league, let's see how he does in Madrid, based on his Euros so far, he won't be the menace people think
    He really is a bit underwhelming. Best player in the world?! Guess in recent years we've had some unbelievably great players that a french rashford doesn't really cut the mustard. 
    12 goals in 14 games at world cups, including 4 in finals.

Yes he's had a bad tournament, not sure how much he hindered by the broken nose, but he's still one of the best players in the world. By the time he ends his career he'll probably have close to 200 caps and over 100 goals.
  • edited July 10
    Reading a couple of posts above you realize that for some with short memories  you're only as good as your last tournament which is a 😂

Kylian Mbappé is a Global football superstar who had taken on the status of elite top dollar player from the USA and Saudi league footballers Messi and Ronaldo who are in the Autumn of their magnificent careers.

Stats purloined from the post above:

12 goals from 14 games at World cups, including 4 in finals and the man is still only 25 !
  • Jessie said:
    I woke up at 2.20am last Sunday and caught the penalty shootout between England and Switzerland. Needless to say I was extremely happy that England went through to the semi final. But reading the posts in the Switzerland game thread and this thread I feel some of you have been overly confident about England's performances🤣 I watched all four quarterfinals in full later and the England vs. Switzerland game was the worst😅 Much as I want England to do well (I always do), I think England will need some luck to reach the final, not to mention winning the tournament.😅
    Couldn't agree more - I feel like there's a lot of underestimating of Netherlands going on too.  Unless we improve a lot against them I can't see us winning.

Although I said the same against Switzerland, so maybe we'll still be pretty bad and scrape through?
  • edited July 10
    Nach pushing Mbappe's head in the ground was disgusting. Surely he can't get away with that.
  • Mbappe will be tested now he's going to Madrid, he'll have a battle with Vini Jr for that left side position 
  • Nach pushing Mbappe's head in the ground was disgusting. Surely he can't get away with that.
    It was kolo Muani and Nacho claimed he slipped 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jessie said:
    I woke up at 2.20am last Sunday and caught the penalty shootout between England and Switzerland. Needless to say I was extremely happy that England went through to the semi final. But reading the posts in the Switzerland game thread and this thread I feel some of you have been overly confident about England's performances🤣 I watched all four quarterfinals in full later and the England vs. Switzerland game was the worst😅 Much as I want England to do well (I always do), I think England will need some luck to reach the final, not to mention winning the tournament.😅
    Couldn't agree more - I feel like there's a lot of underestimating of Netherlands going on too.  Unless we improve a lot against them I can't see us winning.

Although I said the same against Switzerland, so maybe we'll still be pretty bad and scrape through?
    Everything could happen in just one game, which is why tournaments like this are so entertaining. But if one can take off the rose tinted glasses, it's not hard to see that England are definitely at the bottom half of the final 8 teams (sorry!). I think England have gone backwards since the last two tournaments, especially in open plays and set pieces - this is especially a disappointment considering set pieces used to be England's strong suit. Granted you have improved in areas like penalty shootouts and the mentality needed to come from behind to win a game. But other teams play much better football.  You'll definitely need luck to beat Netherlands.

So best of luck to you!😉
  • Jessie said:
    Jessie said:

Everything could happen in just one game, which is why tournaments like this are so entertaining. But if one can take off the rose tinted glasses, it's not hard to see that England are definitely at the bottom half of the final 8 teams (sorry!). I think England have gone backwards since the last two tournaments, especially in open plays and set pieces - this is especially a disappointment considering set pieces used to be England's strong suit. Granted you have improved in areas like penalty shootouts and the mentality needed to come from behind to win a game. But other teams play much better football.  You'll definitely need luck to beat Netherlands.

So best of luck to you!😉
    Apart from Scotland and maybe a couple others I think we've been the worst team out there. Just have had things go our way (the luck you mentioned), a stronger squad if used and a few moments of individual quality that has seen us through. Otherwise we're dull, predictable and slow. 
  • just spotted a couple of big CAFC fans on ITV when they just went live to Dortmund 
  • Stig! I expect better of you...  :D  
  • Stig said:

He is still 1 goal off of being tournament joint top scorer lol
  • MrOneLung said:
    Only Spain can stop us from winning this tournament. 
    Posted 5th July….
  • edited July 10
    CAFCsayer said:
    Stig said:

He is still 1 goal off of being tournament joint top scorer lol
    He’s one goal off being top scorer outright - he’s already joint top after tonight!

He scores on Sunday (& Olmo doesn’t) and he’ll win the golden boot!
  • Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
  • Sponsored links:

• Here's a stat we wont want to hear. Spain / Spanish sides have won every Final they've been in since 2001 (22-games)
    That’s mental 
  • edited July 10
    heres a stat ; euro 96'

played switzerland - meh
    Played Holland - done them
    played spain - ??

as a video game player i'm wondering if Germany have a final form!
  • Yeah, back in 2013 or 2016 when Atletico Madrid lost the champions league finals 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Yeah, back in 2013 or 2016 when Atletico Madrid lost the champions league finals 
    Yeah but to who
  • Leuth said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yeah, back in 2013 or 2016 when Atletico Madrid lost the champions league finals 
    Yeah but to who
    Bayern?
  • Leuth said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Yeah but to who
    Doesn’t matter that it was to Real Madrid, they lost 
  • Previous games don't mean s*** they aren't linked
  • Is it just me or has that been played a lot less this tournament?