Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Jayajosh said:
    To me the still captures the moment the ball is kicked and he’s a full body ahead of everyone else. It’s not a close call and should’ve been flagged. Completely understand why Garner blew up the way he did now.
    I’m not sure Garner would have known it was offside from his position off the pitch. I think he blew his top when the free kick was given. 
    In his post match comments he said he was upset because it wasn’t a free kick and the bloke was offside. Maybe he found out about the offside later but I took it to mean he knew almost instantly via a replay or someone in his ear.
  • Options
    That's the second game in a row Stockley has been a 2-4/10. 
  • Options
    A couple of people yesterday mentioned the Ipswich number 4 getting a dose of karma - was he giving it the biggun to the covered end or something?
  • Options
    A couple of people yesterday mentioned the Ipswich number 4 getting a dose of karma - was he giving it the biggun to the covered end or something?
    Read this a couple of times. What was he doing as I missed it?
  • Options
    Yeah Ipswich really cant moan about the added time... Just looked and combined with the substitution after it went 2-3, it took two minutes between Ladapo scoring and the game getting back under way - What a bunch of idiots
    Spent way to long celebrating like they are just won the league. 
  • Options
    They go 4-2 up. As he makes his way back to his starting position he put his hands to his ears towards the Covered end and raised his arms after. Bloke to my left called him a James Blunt about 3 times as he was walking out the ground. 

Karma for you Edmundson. 
  • Options
    At all levels of football now the celebrations go on for minutes, and It isn't always added on. Seen it in FA youth games and Level 4 matches.

The best thing the Ref did yesterday was playing the 10 minutes of added time after the premature ejaculations of the tractors boys. 

A stain on the character of all Charlton supporters who didn't believe that Charlton could score twice in the 30 seconds that appeared to be left !!!!  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    As mentioned a little bit above of course the ref was pony but we had two monster calls go our way by him , firstly when Chuks threw one of their players out the way having grabbed him round the neck 
    then the ridiculous amount of extra time to the originally 6 minutes that allowed us to grab the equaliser, yes there had been goals but he didn’t have to play the extra 5 mins on top of the 6 mins or whatever it was, that’s definitely the most I’ve ever seen added to added when there was little injury time in it .
    that was a major result of which the ref was atrocious but it worked in our favour in the end waking up the walking dead of our support and getting some fire in our bellies and then the ignoring of Chuks’s clotheslining and then we’ll play till Charlton equalise at the end .
    just some level headed contrarian perspective from myself .
    There were five minutes and 40 seconds of goal celebrations apparently. The ref did well in injury time. 
  • Options
    Took a while to clear their bench off the pitch after they went 4-2 up
  • Options
    In the cold light with all the euphoric feeling of that miracle point gained , 1 point from those two home games was worse than anyone would have expected after our brilliant run. 
    So annoying 
    two 0-0’s
    a 1-0 win and 0-5 defeat 
    would have been better .

You’ve all had your fun ,  the grim reaper has arrived to remind everyone that we’re 9th in League One , 4 points from the play offs having played a game or two more than the teams above us .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All the money in the world can’t buy that rush of adrenalin from being 2-4 down to levelling in the last seconds. I was right behind that cross from Sess. I can’t remember anything else after that as everyone went bananas! Limbs went one way, phone went another and then rolling back the years leaping over the seats and getting to the barrier and giving it the beans. I feel slightly guilt now after sarcastically waving to all the Ipswich back room staff as they trudged off. 
  • Options
    Not a lot more I can add, but two points, not seen raised.

!) What has happened to Woolacott? Ever since him spilling that cross for the FGR equaliser, he has been almost entirely rooted to his line. Used to come for everything. His kicking is also getting worse I feel. I know this is harsh but, there is an argument he could have done a lot better for all 4 goals yesterday and certainly MK's second on Tuesday.

2) I said it at the time, but I think Stockley's hip injury is a chronic one which is affecting his leaping and a loss of pace/mobility (if he ever had any!). In other words, he's not coming back to full fitness ever and we would do well to move him on, but can't see anyone taking him after a medical.
    Agree on both counts. Woolacott might be having a crisis of confidence as I can't see Garner telling him to stay on the line as part of a plan.

Unfortunately the alternatives are injured (AMB) or not much better if at all in terms of coming off the line (McG).
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    All the money in the world can’t buy that rush of adrenalin from being 2-4 down to levelling in the last seconds. I was right behind that cross from Sess. I can’t remember anything else after that as everyone went bananas! Limbs went one way, phone went another and then rolling back the years leaping over the seats and getting to the barrier and giving it the beans. I feel slightly guilt now after sarcastically waving to all the Ipswich back room staff as they trudged off. 
    Morgan delivered the cross.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    They go 4-2 up. As he makes his way back to his starting position he put his hands to his ears towards the Covered end and raised his arms after. Bloke to my left called him a James Blunt about 3 times as he was walking out the ground. 

Karma for you Edmundson. 
    Should have spent less time giving it, and more time trying to not get big brothered out the way by Thomas for our 3rd. 
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Morgan delivered the cross.
    They do look alike. Easy mistake.