Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Possibly a season defining game for fans, manager, and team … time will tell 
  • Options
    I think the people who give Stockley very low marks are wrong. Admittedly he is a relatively limited League 1 striker but the poor guy has to play up front virtually on his own. He gets no support at all from Kirk ( who is useless) and precious little from Rak Saki. He won quite a lot of headers today but its pointless because there is no one near him to help or take advantage. Also he is very important defensively because he is the 2nd best after Inniss at clearing headers. 
    The other point is that the reason Aneke is so effective when he comes on is because the defenders are tired partly from their physical battle against Stockley. 
    I feel that he is barely winning any headers up front and certainly isn't giving defenders any physical battles. 
  • Options
    If he needs anymore nurturing he’ll be in the Lisbie bracket of coming good 
    Is Lisbie still a "promising youngster" ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    supaclive said:
    Scored 1, set up 2
    Sometimes I think we're expecting Pirlo !
    Pirlo did it more than a few games a season. Don’t think anybody questions the ability, it’s the lack of consistency which prevents him from progressing. 
    It's also why he remains in league 1. If he had the consistency he'd be in the championship I am sure.
    Possibly. But the amount of times he turns up is the reason he’s never even been able to cement a place for us, mostly as a mid-table league 1 side. 
  • Options
    Also loved Garners passion - don’t think I’ve ever seen a manager quite lose his shit like that with a ref
    Agree. But what’s the betting that he gets a fine or touchline ban - or both. The standard of officials this season seems to be worse than usual - imagine the outrage if the pampered prima-donnas in the Greed League©️ had to put up with it!
  • Options
    Well it’s currently not good enough , we have to be wiser and obviously it all depends on what we can spend .
    we’re not that far off but we need better if we want a chance of going up 
    That’ll be why we brought in Fraser…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Their 2nd was off side.
    It's extremely tight and noticeable Charlton's players barely appealed for it.  However would fans prefer goals like this to be ruled out by a millimetre on VaR but then lose the unbridled joy of a last gasp equaliser wondering if there might be a check that rules it out? (see Spurs on Wednesday night)
    That is not extremely tight, not even close, it is clearly offside.
  • Options
    Not seen it mentioned but whilst Garner’s rant, sending off and whipping up the crowd may have been the catalyst it was Scott Lindsay who oversaw two comebacks and a performance that will live long in the memory.
  • Options
    Not seen it mentioned but whilst Garner’s rant, sending off and whipping up the crowd may have been the catalyst it was Scott Lindsay who oversaw two comebacks and a performance that will live long in the memory.
    Scott Marshall... Lindsay doesn't work for us
  • Options
    Scott Marshall... Lindsay doesn't work for us
    Swindon did come from 1-0 and 2-1 down to win 5-2 this weekend though 😉 
  • Options
    I've watched this about 20 times and I still do a little scream inside.
    "Almost" the best (at least the funniest) bit is when Dobbo (legend in the making) does his tippy tappy dance along the front of the Covered End not quite sure how to celebrate his goal, turns around & is instantly poleaxed by Sess  :D
    I think maaaaybe he was taking the piss out of their fourth goal celebration, if you watch that back you’ll see their no.5 doing a similar little run - or maybe you’re right and he just didn’t know what to do 😂
  • Options
    Just brilliant 
  • Options
    Just brilliant 
    Same I keep noticing new things every time I watch it. Like Scott Fraser either screaming at the ref to let play continue, or to Morgan to get the ball into the box after he passed it to him to swing it in for Dobsons goal. 
  • Options
    60 years of watching us, was only the second time I'd left early!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still don’t know how we done that brilliant 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Still don’t know how we done that brilliant 
    Kinda hoping that you may have missed off a comma there...🤔  ;)
  • Options
    My aspiration remains for us to win 7-0 every game.
    I've now seen us fail to achieve my target every game for 50 consecutive years.
    I may consider adjusting my target if it doesn't start happening soon.
    6-0 or 7-1?
  • Options
    Is it just a coincidence sasa Illic was interviewed by Minto and curbs before the game...mostly reflecting on the 98 triumph 

And the Ipswich game finished 4-4

I know, it's not too much of a coincidence and stranger things have happened,  but a 4-4 scoreline is very rare in any match that has ever been played!

• Options
    Dave2l said:
    Is it just a coincidence sasa Illic was interviewed by Minto and curbs before the game...mostly reflecting on the 98 triumph 

And the Ipswich game finished 4-4

I know, it's not too much of a coincidence and stranger things have happened,  but a 4-4 scoreline is very rare in any match that has ever been played!

Happened vs Rochdale, Millwall, West Ham in my time supporting us, probably some others. Rare yes but it does happen now and again