Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley banned for 3 games

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Not going to win any Fair Play awards this season are we. Our discipline across the team (and manager) is not great.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I’m simply astounded by this thread but I wont engage with this apparent majority opinion. But I would ask you all to stop slagging one of our own players for a moment and ask yourself a more important question.

How exactly did the FA get to review this offence? As far as I can recall it is absolutely unprecedented. It was not seen by the ref. Was it the 4th official? If so why exactly was this one raised for retrospective review when we can all think of loads of serious incidents on the streams which never got this scrutiny, because they were not pored over on MOTD. These include challenges on our players which result in them being taken off and then missing games. 

FFS. Indeed.
    Similar process to how Sam Findlay got banned for stamping on Lyle Taylor? I think the club made a complaint to the league and they reviewed the footage. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I’m simply astounded by this thread but I wont engage with this apparent majority opinion. But I would ask you all to stop slagging one of our own players for a moment and ask yourself a more important question.

How exactly did the FA get to review this offence? As far as I can recall it is absolutely unprecedented. It was not seen by the ref. Was it the 4th official? If so why exactly was this one raised for retrospective review when we can all think of loads of serious incidents on the streams which never got this scrutiny, because they were not pored over on MOTD. These include challenges on our players which result in them being taken off and then missing games. 

FFS. Indeed.
    Similar process to how Sam Findlay got banned for stamping on Lyle Taylor? I think the club made a complaint to the league and they reviewed the footage. 
    Doesn't it go to the ref in the first instance?

He can't give what he hasn't seen.  Along the lines of why didnt you send him off for that elbow? What elbow?  The one midway through the first half.  Reviews the footage, oh that elbow I didn't see it, if I had....
  • Options

FFS. Indeed.
    Sssssh ! What's that I hear ?

Ah, it's Jayden Stockley whining....

" Infamy ! Infamy ! The FA's got it infamy ! "
  • Options
    Chunes said:

FFS. Indeed.
    Similar process to how Sam Findlay got banned for stamping on Lyle Taylor? I think the club made a complaint to the league and they reviewed the footage and then decided that in all fairness everyone wanted to stamp on Lyle Taylor and it was only natural. 
    Fixed for you.
  • Options
    Can’t believe the Port Vale players didn’t make more of it at the time, it was such a blatant red card and standard petulant behaviour from a truly awful captain. I assume action has been taken because Port Vale put in a complaint?

This won’t have any impact on our chances in games thankfully but I do hope we don’t panic into starting Aneke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

FFS. Indeed.
    Bang on Mate, if that was on their centre half Smith he was at it all game also. As you say unprecedented. Look forward to seeing other clubs suffer it too.
  • Options
    I think it’s a bit of gallows humour @PragueAddick

Stockley is not having a particularly good season but every one of us would want him available not banned. 

Just more unecessary squad pressure. 
    I regret to say, guvnor, that on this occasion I’m a lot less sanguine about my fellow Lifers than you. @Swisdom an honourable exception.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    Tha fans reaction to Innis's thug action was similar. Stockley's just elbowed somebody's head in a snidey manner, so deserves the fans wrath. We shouldn't be bloody comforting him or pointing towards the FA being able to review post match footage if it is raised and deemed worthy.
    Wrath is one thing.  We should be angry and we are

but many are rebelling in not having him in the team and we are undoubtedly weaker now on an area we can Ill afford

Having said that it’s an opportunity to strip him of the captaincy and I would think that’s a possibility.  I like him as a player but don’t think he is a captain.  
    I think different people have different ways of expressing things. Just a shame if they are going for words that will lead to shock, etc. Maybe you are reading to seriously into posts from people like SillyBilly (bit of a hint in the name):

First bit of good news for a while. Would be as well playing me up front and I’ve only got one leg!  

• Options
    SillyBilly is a free agent. He'll be on the bench on Saturday, not quite match fit yet but might have a cameo role.
  • Options
    It’s amazing how the EFL continue to treat us .. they don’t hide the fact they dislike us 

• Sponsored links:

• Options

FFS. Indeed.
    Bang on Mate, if that was on their centre half Smith he was at it all game also. As you say unprecedented. Look forward to seeing other clubs suffer it too.
    Both the elbow in the first half, and the stamp in the second were on Port Vale defender Nathan Smith.

Aneke had a tussle with him late on as well.
  • Options
    Yeah that stamp was atrocious. Could have been double jeopardy.
  • Options
    So it appears from @shirty5 post that this is not a one -off. OK. In which case the FA should tell us the exact rules under which they scrutinise a video several days after the event (how many days?) and hand out retrospective penalties. Because Terry Smith (@KillersBeard?) could probably compile a 30 minute reel of footage he would like them to consider. Off the top of my head there was a two footed challenge on JFC - of all people - who fortunately took evasive action but demanded to know what the fuck the ref was doing allowing it; a challenge on Campbell in the first half against MKD which meant he had to be subbed at H-T; and I think a CBT injury was the result of a challenge the ref didnt even call a foul.

But yeah, lets all go on about Stockley's "stamp", FFS. I saw that. (which is more than anyone can truthfully claim of the elbow). Come off it. Might have been more careful as he picked himself up after the challenge but that's about it.
  • Options
    Did he really stamp on somebody's head!?
  • Options
    Bad timing by Stockley.

He should have done this a couple of weeks later. Then he would have got Christmas off.

Needs to have a word with Danny Mills so he can get his timing right in future,
  • Options
    I honestly love Chuks, and watching him play, but this again shows the folly of bringing in a player who can't start matches (even if he is absolutely next level off the bench). The moment you get a couple of injuries or suspensions - which is very much par for the course when you play this many games over a season - then you end up in a position that unless you have a quality surplus striker you are then needing him to start or relying on playing players out of position.

In terms of Stockley, never understand the need to continuously lay into him at every opportunity, but all in all, perhaps this might work out to be a blessing for everyone involved if we can somehow plug the gap with someone more effective then him (though I cannot see who that will be apart from Chuks). And if not, maybe the few games off might give him a break to come back and be more effective (though I doubt that as well). 

• Options
    The issue is who plays now.
  • Options
    So it appears from @shirty5 post that this is not a one -off. OK. In which case the FA should tell us the exact rules under which they scrutinise a video several days after the event (how many days?) and hand out retrospective penalties. Because Terry Smith (@KillersBeard?) could probably compile a 30 minute reel of footage he would like them to consider. Off the top of my head there was a two footed challenge on JFC - of all people - who fortunately took evasive action but demanded to know what the fuck the ref was doing allowing it; a challenge on Campbell in the first half against MKD which meant he had to be subbed at H-T; and I think a CBT injury was the result of a challenge the ref didnt even call a foul.

But yeah, let’s all go on about Stockley's "stamp", FFS. I saw that. (which is more than anyone can truthfully claim of the elbow). Come off it. Might have been more careful as he picked himself up after the challenge but that's about it.
    Plenty of people, including myself, saw the elbow. Not sure what you’re going on about here.