Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley banned for 3 games

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Hold on, who is going to moan like fuck to officials, opponents and team members to disguise his obvious technical flaws as player?

A big loss in the scapegoat department.
  • Options
    Honestly I'm still of the opinion he hasn't properly recovered from his back injury from last season and has only kept playing because we have no choice with our forward options.

Maybe a few weeks break will do him some good and he can come back stronger and a bit more competitive. 

I have been wondering about his fitness too. With the lack of games this month, he’ll get a good rest now, maybe he’ll be better when he returns...
  • Options
    Honestly I'm still of the opinion he hasn't properly recovered from his back injury from last season and has only kept playing because we have no choice with our forward options.

Maybe a few weeks break will do him some good and he can come back stronger and a bit more competitive. 

Absolultely this, thats why i refuse to join in with the abuse, i think he's finished with us personally, sadly.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    So it appears from @shirty5 post that this is not a one -off. OK. In which case the FA should tell us the exact rules under which they scrutinise a video several days after the event (how many days?) and hand out retrospective penalties. Because Terry Smith (@KillersBeard?) could probably compile a 30 minute reel of footage he would like them to consider. Off the top of my head there was a two footed challenge on JFC - of all people - who fortunately took evasive action but demanded to know what the fuck the ref was doing allowing it; a challenge on Campbell in the first half against MKD which meant he had to be subbed at H-T; and I think a CBT injury was the result of a challenge the ref didnt even call a foul.

But yeah, let’s onall go on about Stockley's "stamp", FFS. I saw that. (which is more than anyone can truthfully claim of the elbow). Come off it. Might have been more careful as he picked himself up after the challenge but that's about it.
    Jaysus!
    Don’t be giving him ideas 😳😂😂
    ...don't forget... "Mary, Joseph and the Wee Donkey!!"..😉
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    mendonca said:
    Did he really stamp on somebody's head!?
    If its the incident I remember to say it was a stamp is a bit dramatic

Was nothing like a repeat of the Finley incident on Taylor (with that Taylor was already on the floor, and Finley actually aimed for him) - The Port Vale case looked more bad timing with Stockley planting his foot, as their player fell to the ground.

I mean the FA haven't hesitated to give out harsher penalties for deliberate elbows (Calvin Andrew got a 12-game ban) or a deliberate stamp (Sam Finley got a 5-game ban for the incident with Lyle).

So the fact that Stockley only has a three game ban, says its basically a standard "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" offence, which he would have received had the referee seen it ingame.

For me... Jayden was an idiot to get this, but he wasn't being a c**t

Wont be the first Captain to get sent off, or the last
  • Options
    So it appears from @shirty5 post that this is not a one -off. OK. In which case the FA should tell us the exact rules under which they scrutinise a video several days after the event (how many days?) and hand out retrospective penalties. Because Terry Smith (@KillersBeard?) could probably compile a 30 minute reel of footage he would like them to consider. Off the top of my head there was a two footed challenge on JFC - of all people - who fortunately took evasive action but demanded to know what the fuck the ref was doing allowing it; a challenge on Campbell in the first half against MKD which meant he had to be subbed at H-T; and I think a CBT injury was the result of a challenge the ref didnt even call a foul.

But yeah, lets all go on about Stockley's "stamp", FFS. I saw that. (which is more than anyone can truthfully claim of the elbow). Come off it. Might have been more careful as he picked himself up after the challenge but that's about it.
    I think the key words in all of shirty5's examples was "that the match officials didn't see"

all of the incidents you referred to were seen and rightly or wrongly a judgement was made by the match officials at the time. It's not VAR at the end of the day, it is about incidents that have been completely missed by the officials that means no judgement could be made at the time.

Again I'm not arguing the rights or wrongs of it but I think that's the explanation behind it.
  • Options
    Also doesn't help put him in the shop window, unless it does.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So I guess it's time for Kanu...
  • Options
    Jack Payne has got more headed goals than Stockley this season. He can play upfront 
  • Options
    So here is a good video clip from Twitter.

And I have a question for you all. Try and answer rationally. The ball goes back to the Vale keeper. Stockley wants to chase it down. That is what we want and expect, right? And what does the Vale defender whom Stockley catches with his arm, do just before that? He turns into Stockley. Does he do that accidently, because never for one minute did he expect Stockley to go chasing after the ball? 

• Options

And I have a question for you all. Try and answer rationally. The ball goes back to the Vale keeper. Stockley wants to chase it down. That is what we want and expect, right? And what does the Vale defender whom Stockley catches with his arm, do just before that? He turns into Stockley. Does he do that accidently, because never for one minute did he expect Stockley to go chasing after the ball? 

“he ran into my elbow m’lord”! 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Stockers does catch him, but the guy just ran in front of him and he was trying to get round him, looks more clumsy than malicious…
  • Options
    se9addick said:

To be fair can see why the referee hasnt given that - From here it does look more as though the Defender doesnt realise that "Stockley is there", and they've ran into each other
  • Options
    How are people defending Stockley? It must have been serious for the FA to look into it when no one saw it initially. Add in his history for this, last seasons sending off against Burton, lucky not be sent off v Sunderland etc. Completely let the club down and from our bloody captain of all people. 
  • Options
    When I saw the thread title I thought it was a joke. Then I realised it wasn't. But finally I realised yes it fckn was. 

Do we play with 10 men until the 65th minute?
  • Options

Turn it in, what a poor narrative 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    How are people defending Stockley? It must have been serious for the FA to look into it when no one saw it initially. Add in his history for this, last seasons sending off against Burton, lucky not be sent off v Sunderland etc. Completely let the club down and from our bloody captain of all people. 
    (1) FA have only given a standard straight red card ban, so its hardly "serious"
    (2) Doubt the FA would have looked at it had Port Vale not complained
    (3) He's not the first, wont be the last captain to be sent off

Its not brilliant, because we're without a Striker now, so he's fucked up - But its a massive overreaction from the majority of prima donnas on here... If you bother to look at the clip, they look like they've ran into each other, so would love to know how the FA have better footage
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was that all it was? As far as elbows go I have seen more intent and damage done with a cooked macaroni elbow
  • Options
    se9addick said:

the FA must've had another angle of it, cause it's harsh to ban him based on this (despite his clear stupidity)
  • Options
    I am obviously in the minority here but I think many of the snide comments re JS are appalling and way out of order.
    Isn’t it enough to just say he’s having one hell of a lousy season without irksome smart arse slagging off comments.
    I feel sorry for all concerned, none more so than Stockley himself.
    He performed very well for us last season, scoring 20 + goals I believe.
    His lack of form is horrendous, leaving aside the change in our set up he should still be putting a few chances away here and there at the very least…..but no, he’s not even winning heading duals, something that he excelled in last season.
    I can’t begin to think what’s gone wrong with him…..but I’m dammed if I am going to heartlessly slag him off, especially when last season he was something of a hero for us.
    Whether or not he will ever regain his form is debatable, if not I and many others will be left wondering just what went wrong in such short a period of time?
    I am certain he himself is bewildered and very disappointed, I suspect he doesn’t know the answer either as to how this has come about.
    I for one am not going to insult and slag off the fella who had us out of out seats 20+ times last season and his name being chanted on many occasions.
    Let’s just say it’s a sad situation, which we can only hope gets better for everyone’s sake.

If his reaction to being in poor form is to swing elbows and stamp on people then he deserves all the criticism he gets. Captains are meant to lead by example, so what the fck is he doing?
  • Options

Not to mention its the habit of Defenders to close the gap between themselves and their Goalkeeper, and so avoid the risk of a "long" pass ending up with the opposition - So why does that one stop, and move slightly in the opposition direction.

He's gone looking for a Free-Kick, and Stockley has stupidly obliged!!
  • Options

are you really trying to argue that wasn't deliberate by Stockley?
  • Options
    What is for sure Charlton have one light training session before naming the side to take on Stockport.
    Not much time to sort things out.
  • Options
    Blokes a useless coward, strip him of captaincy and stick him on transfer list, embarrassment.
  • Options
    The guy did move to block stockley and looked like he dropped his shoulder to stop stockley run. That doesn't allow stockley to elbow him.

if stockley had a brain, he would have let the guy make contact with him and threw himself to the floor holding his face. 
  • Options
    I watched that game and never saw anything happen, well anything of any interest anyway. Oh well. A bit scuppered now aren't we?

It's been said many times before, but you know who should've signed a striker as that glaring omission was always going to come back to bite us in the ass.